The Dark Mod Forums

House M.D.

Springheel

Yeah. It's been on air now for a few weeks. The twentysecond from the first season was yesterday. :) I liked it from the very first start, and so far it hasn't let me down.

I watched Monk also and liked the first few parts, but then it started to become unrealistic. Well, it's still funny, but I don't like it how his 'handicaps' are not really handicaps anymore, rather only serving for cheap jokes. The first part of it was pretty good. His handicaps really got him into trouble and was rather believable, but that changed soon.

In House I noticed a pattern in the first few parts, and I thought if it continues like this then it will become boring. It was like "House gets told of patient and he refuses it, then he makes the wrong diagnosis, another diagnosis which almost kills the patient, third diagnosis is correct and everybody is happy". When they introduced Vogler, that was quite a good move to break up that pattern, and so far they had managed to avoid this now. Quite well done, because most series don't seem to care and spoil their potential.

Though I must say that it is rather annoying that his former wife ...

... is now recruiting as the law representative.

... came to him in the first place, but well. Given the backgroundstory, this could be realistic, as he is supposed to be a genius in his area.

I hope that this doesn't mean that it will go the way of most series. I always hate it when in crime series they start the plot where the perpetrator is suddenly the best friend/former wife or some other closely related person to the investigator. That is SOOOO original. :P And I hope that House is avoiding this pattern.

Gerhard

Mmmm, House. So well written with great characters.

Little personal note here: that part during the opening credits where the flyby passes over the river and bridge, when it mentions Jennifer Morrison :wub:? That's Carnegie Lake (frequent collegiate crew (is that the right word? rowing teams?) races are held there), and the bridge across Washington road, leading into Princeton, NJ and the university campus. I bike that exact spot on a pretty much weekly basis. That tree covered outcropping off to the left in the credits shot is a short path leading just off the side of the delaware canal towpath.

And who cares! :P

I still haven't watched House. Don't watch a lot of T.V. these days...mainly, we just rent the shows on DVD and watch them at our leisure. I liked the first two seasons of Monk, but somewhere in the second season, it became silly...like Spar mentioned. Another show I loved for the first and second season was "The Dead Zone", it was fantastic...but then it just became so mediocre that it was essentially just a parody of itself. My current show of choice is the new Battlestar Galactica. Have absolutely loved the first two seasons, and I can't wait until Season 3 is out on DVD.

My current show of choice is the new Battlestar Galactica. Have absolutely loved the first two seasons, and I can't wait until Season 3 is out on DVD.

I never watched it. But when I heard this name the first time I was thinking they are showing the old movies and was quite surprised. I always loved to watch these three parts. With Lorne Green. And I was always quite afraid about the Zylons, especially in that one part where they are having the party with that queer music, and downstairs the Zylons were waiting. :ph34r::)

Gerhard

Why?

No rational reason, I'm just sick of medico-dramas, it seems as if there are a dozen or so at any given time. That and freaking cop glorification shows like CSI and Law and Order are a dime a dozen on the tube over here. Do you all realize that ER has been running for about half a century now? They have burnt out every possible plot device but alien invasion. They had Russian assassins, prison riots, terrorist attacks, airline wrecks on deserted islands, giant octopi, hostage situations, plagues, wildebeast stampedes, and runaway trains to name but a few. And now they have truly sunk into television hell, they are featuring Tony Danza if Im not mistaken. He's about as convincing a doctor as KoKo the Klown. Actually, I'd rather have KoKo operate on me.

I used to love Tony Shalub's previous series Stark Raving Mad -- an odd couple set up with Neil Patrick Harris -- but apparently it got cancelled really fast ... too bad! I thought it was smarter and funnier than Monk, and more about a relationship than one guy so it had more to work with, but Monk is pretty good too, or was before its quirkiness started getting repetitive.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I never watched it. But when I heard this name the first time I was thinking they are showing the old movies and was quite surprised. I always loved to watch these three parts. With Lorne Green. And I was always quite afraid about the Zylons, especially in that one part where they are having the party with that queer music, and downstairs the Zylons were waiting. :ph34r::)

Ooo, remember Redeye, he was badass!

No rational reason, I'm just sick of medico-dramas, it seems as if there are a dozen or so at any given time. That and freaking cop glorification shows like CSI and Law and Order are a dime a dozen on the tube over here.

I found CSi quite interesting for some time, but now it became stale. Never liked "Law and Order" because I can't stand that main guy. I rather like "Criminal Intent" though. It's always quite funny how the cop (I always forget the names usually) talks them into confessing at the end. :) The series really lives from the two main actors. I think they wanted to replace the woman at one time, at least there were some parts where there was another instead of here, and it totally sucked.

Do you all realize that ER has been running for about half a century now?

Really? Wow! :)

They have burnt out every possible plot device but alien invasion. They had Russian assassins, prison riots, terrorist attacks, airline wrecks on deserted islands, giant octopi, hostage situations, plagues, wildebeast stampedes, and runaway trains to name but a few. And now they have truly sunk into television hell, they are featuring Tony Danza if Im not mistaken. He's about as convincing a doctor as KoKo the Klown. Actually, I'd rather have KoKo operate on me.

I hear you. :laugh: I wonder when similar happens to House. ;)

They already had the "I'm my own patient" and the "Need to rescue my best friend/wife/husband of wife/etc.)" routine in the first season. I wonder when the "I lost my memory" (Monk already had this) is showing up..

Everytime that "My best friend was the murder" part is coming in a crime series I start thinking how truly original that plot is. :mellow: I haven't watched so much med series though, so I don't know all the various plotlines for them. House was quite nice so far. :)

Gerhard

Of my most watched TV series, monk, house, and wonderfalls, I've seen only snippets while going through the living room, passing by the TV. I like wonderfalls a lot though, something about its casual atmosphere, going to order the complete canceled season (13 episodes) on DVD soon. I like house as a character, but I wouldn't want to entertained by watching the series - the plot seems too mainstream.

My current show of choice is the new Battlestar Galactica. Have absolutely loved the first two seasons, and I can't wait until Season 3 is out on DVD.

Ooh, yes. I'm part-way through season 2 at the moment (that's all they've shown on TV in Australia so far) and I'm loving it. Great show. (And if anyone spoils it for me I will throttle them. ;))

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Yes! :) I always wondered, how he came, as a human, to plot with robots against humans. :)

I had always thought the Cylons troops were cyborgs, alien/robot hybrids. I did not remember that Redeye was a human though. I do remember that the Cylon High Commander looked like a stalk of purple broccoli with eyes... :ph34r:

I always like to hear scuh anecdotes. It's kind of great when you suddenly see your home area in some movie. :)

Yeah, I'm not sure why I get a little thrill out of it. Probably because NJ is about as far away from LA and Hollywood as possible, and we don't get much TV coverage. It's almost as if it's, "Hey! That's MY Princeton!"

They have burnt out every possible plot device but alien invasion.

I want The X-Files back. :( Even if just for Gillian. :wub:

I watched the first series of Deadwood for the first time this week (it shows only on one cable channel in Australia), I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I really like these more graphic and violent tv series that are being released now, like Sopranos and Over There. The only problem with Deadwood is they take the swearing a little too far; though at times it can be hilarious. Each episode is about an hour long too, which is a bonus.