The Dark Mod Forums

More Objects

oDDity

There's not much point starting aseparate thread for every little item.

This is just some stuff I knocked up this morning.

I'm just getting all the simple stuff cleared up first,. Basically, just assume that I'm modeling everything that hasn't already been claimed by anyone else.

post-5-1102517197.jpg

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Yep, pretty damn good. Let me know when they're up on the ftp site, and I'll happily cross them off the list. :)

here it is TEXTURED ! THE NEON DESK!

How do you create this texture? That's exactly what I wanted to know in the other thread.

Now when such a texture is applied it should be possible to make the appropriate parts alpha so that we can create a glass effect without needing seperate models.

Gerhard

How do you create this texture? That's exactly what I wanted to know in the other thread.

I just changed the colours of oDDity's normalmap.

Now when such a texture is applied it should be possible to make the appropriate parts alpha so that we can create a glass effect without needing seperate models.

I think that's no problem at all. the only issue is to make the texture look like glass.

We could keep that for the LSD special edition of the mod.

I actually quarted that model before Uv mapping it, since you wanted as as much space for each UV as possible, it messes the normal map up in places by overlapping UVs but it's a trade.

You can certainly make the parts with the white alpha invisible, (that's usualy how it's used) I'm not so sure how you use the alpha to apply a glass shader though.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

You can certainly make the parts with the white alpha invisible, (that's usualy how it's used) I'm not so sure how you use the alpha to apply a glass shader though.

I don't know how that shader works in detail. If it is a program it could surely detect where the alpha is and only apply to this part. And we certainly don't need all glass with refractions, do we?

Gerhard

oDDity, those pre-rendered images, is that just a vanilla installation of LightWave, with no extra plug-ins? The lighting looks so realistic.

Also kind of looks like you have a grainy photo filter thing happening.

I really want to know how I can make my renders look like that too. And do you have material settings that you like (eg settings that you know looks like porcaline (sp)) that you keep using? How did you get them, through trial and error, or off tutorials off the net?

Put it on the FTP and I'll check it out.

ok, I can do that. I'm also waiting for some further replies to my thread at D3world.org, cauze I want to know exactly what's the problem with yours and my models. strange thing is, that I didn't had any problems with the bookshelf, eventhough I did exactly the same, as with the desk. I imnported it into blender, did the diffuse map and some minor changes to the UV-map.

Domarius, it's just one area light rendered with with radiosity.

None of the objects have any texturing, I just turned up the specularity on the porcelean and added a simple procedural bump, and I just a neat little trick of mine by using a grid procedural in the specularity channel to simulate a large window causing the specular hit. (

The graininess comes for the fact that I didn't leave it to render for long enough, but I like that touch of gritiness.

Obviously the glass on the inkpot has tranparency and quite a hefty refraction index, and I may have simulated a kind of fake fresnel effect using gradients on the relection nd transprency channels, and umm...the quill feather and apple leave are just a few polys with an alpha map of a feather and leaf on the tranparecny channel. I can't remmeber it exactly, it all happened in about 5 minties one morning :/ .

edit:I can upload the onjects and scene if oyu want to check it out.

Edited by oDDity

- Emil Zola

character models site

BT, I checked it out, the problem was that the ourtside desk drawers had duplicate polygiones on top of them like each drawer has been copied and pasted on top, so if any one else has this problem, now you know what tyo check for)

- Emil Zola

character models site