The Dark Mod Forums

Night-Blade

Unstoppable

I wouldn't hold my breath. That mod was in production long before TDM was even thought of, and after years of work, they switched to a different engine (usually the death cry of any mod effort). Since then their updates have basically been that they're porting over old assets to the new engine. At that pace, they should be able to release sometime around 2015.

Yeah, I did some models for this about a year before I joined TDM. They've been going at if for at least 6 years already. Still, the fact they've stuck with it so long, means they're probably going to stick with it to the finish, and they do have a track record of making finished games.

They switched from and earlier version of UT to the latest version, so its not a huge leap.

Those old low poly models I made are going to look like shit in the latest UT engine though.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Yeah, I did some models for this about a year before I joined TDM. They've been going at if for at least 6 years already. Still, the fact they've stuck with it so long, means they're probably going to stick with it to the finish, and they do have a track record of making finished games.

They switched from and earlier version of UT to the latest version, so its not a huge leap.

Those old low poly models I made are going to look like shit in the latest UT engine though.

The models you made are top of the line. Much better than what we have in Thievery that's for sure.

Edited by Unstoppable

on somewhat of a side note, does anyone know if the mod for UT3, Thieves of the Shadow Age (similar to Thievery UT) is still being made? or is it dead? As far as I can tell, nothing new has happened with it since like october, which makes me think it might be fizzling out, but i hope not, it seemed promising.

Milestones approaching:

Recital: 3-24-12

ToughMudder: 4-15-12

Release first FM: ?-?-20??

...they should be able to release sometime around 2015.

Since Dalai and some of the other devs have been busy making Alien Swarm, and now Alien Swarm: Infested which hasn't been released yet, Nightblade has been delayed for ages. But now we will be uploading regular alpha builds soon for anyone to download.

:)

~m2

Since Dalai and some of the other devs have been busy making Alien Swarm, and now Alien Swarm: Infested which hasn't been released yet, Nightblade has been delayed for ages. But now we will be uploading regular alpha builds soon for anyone to download.

:)

That is good to hear. Would be a waste if all their work bore no fruits.

• 2 weeks later...
The first public NightBlade-Alpha has been made public. Details can be found here.

Even better to hear :) I do not have UT3 myself yet, but I intend to get in soon and then I'll give it a try. I'm assuming that most things have currently been ported over (models etc) but not code-wise yet, correct?

Well, we'll see. I certainly wish them luck, but according to their main site, "this alpha represents just a few weeks worth of work with the Unreal Tournament 3 code."

Wow that's great news! A public release can hopefully be a shot in the arm for the mod. I tried and just never got into Thievery, but hopefully NightBlade can have more success :) Congrats on this small milestone!

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif