The Dark Mod Forums

Same old crap, but different version ERRORS!

robert2562

I don't know about everyone else, but if game designer can not come out with a game that is playable without errors then they should not waste our time. I download the previous version (demo) and had nothing but errors after I followed the directions on how to install. This mod is no different same BS, but different version..Does anyone else have Vista 64? I know just about every forum I found user who use Vista 64 had nothing but problems with the demo and well most likely this version. :angry:

I know.. Isn't it just so extremely upsetting that people spend thousands of hours putting together something to give to the public for free and it doesn't work sometimes on one of a million different computer setups? I mean, ain't that just the rudest! :wub:

Robert, we understand your frustration. It's no fun to want to play something and have it not work.

But can you also understand where we come from as well - that it's no fun to read posts from people saying how we are "wasting your time" and how much we suck and stuff like that?

The fact is we aren't professionals here so we can't purchase and test 50 different configurations of PCs, operating systems, video cards, video card drivers, audio drivers, etc etc etc. We've done the best we can so far with limited time and resources. If you will take the time to give some detailed feedback about what errors or problems you're having we would honestly try to work out the problem because we want the mod to work for everyone as much as possible.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

I don't know about everyone else, but if game designer can not come out with a game that is playable without errors then they should not waste our time. I download the previous version (demo) and had nothing but errors after I followed the directions on how to install. This mod is no different same BS, but different version..Does anyone else have Vista 64? I know just about every forum I found user who use Vista 64 had nothing but problems with the demo and well most likely this version. :angry:

Robert, Can you please give us the specific error message that pops up and the problems you have?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Well, here is the deal Robert.

1. This is your first post.

2. You don't give us any information to help you.

3. It's a DEMO.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way. HELP US, TO HELP YOU! Are you willing to do that?

We're a group of people working on this in our spare time. Windows Vista does some things very differently than windows xp, and plenty of people have had trouble...but with some helpful information from them...we've helped them to get ti runing.

One big thing to look into is whether or not your video card drivers are up to date. If you're using the default drivers that came with Vista, I have my doubts that the mod would work at all.

I wish people would try to keep a level head, instead of flying off the handle before even giving us a chance to help them.

Wow, just found this thread. I wonder what's coming next? Maybe I should apologise to the people out there that I'm sacrificing a considerable part of my freetime for TDM? Give me a break.

Robert, you can call yourself lucky that people around here are the most calm-headed in the universe. Other forums would likely have you kicked from the board for that first post, which is nothing but insulting.

*shrug* Welcome to the Forums.

i've got vista and it works fine everything, but now i have moved to an xp computer it doesnt work ^_^ .

anyway, you could tell them (i said them because i believe i cannot help you since i really suck in this kind of things) whats the problem.

and im not the first to say this but they use alot of their time to work on this mod/toolset

so you could be a little nicer?

Let it be said that most of us appreciate all the hard work that has gone, and will go, into The Dark Mod. Don't let a few rude people ruin what should be a triumphant moment! SL is a remarkable mission.

*pav passes out hugs*

*slurp* Oh, you said hugs, not mugs. In that case, I'll take two! :laugh:

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

*slurp* Oh, you said hugs, not mugs. In that case, I'll take two! :laugh:

I've got pilsner & pint glasses and lots of beer, but no mugs.  :ph34r: How about a good single malt instead? Or maybe a cigar?  ;)

And you can have two hugs, too! Hugs are free...kisses cost!  :P

I've got pilsner & pint glasses and lots of beer, but no mugs.  :ph34r: How about a good single malt instead? Or maybe a cigar?  ;)

Smells like a trap to me :P I don't drink pilsner (although it is a whole lot nearer to me than to you), and I don't smoke. But I take guiness, if you have that. Single malt? I probably would not be able to appreciate it, sure you want to waste it on me? :P

And you can have two hugs, too! Hugs are free...kisses cost!  :P

Sorry, I don't pay for that :P

Smells like a trap to me :P I don't drink pilsner (although it is a whole lot nearer to me than to you), and I don't smoke. But I take guiness, if you have that. Single malt? I probably would not be able to appreciate it, sure you want to waste it on me? :P

AH HA! Fair enough, Guiness it is. Not my pick, but I'm sure the hubby won't mind donating some of his to a good cause! And, anything that helps keep me entertained like TDM has done is a good cause.  :D Cheers!

Man so i was playing this (free)demo right and im having fun, and then bam! I get a wall with no texture!!! HOW DARE YOU WASTE MY TIME AND MY MONEY(oh wait) WAHH WAHH WHERES MY BOTTLE WAH!

Here's a bottle & some cheez to go with that whine!  ;)

whiney.JPG