Photo

Fan Mission #80: A Noble Home (The Accountant Prologue) by Goldwell & Bikerdude (2014/03/14)

the accountant series a noble home fan mission

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#101 Lux

Lux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1575 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:09 PM

I don't know. I'm only offering suggestions.

#102 cavador_8

cavador_8

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:33 PM

I'm new to the Darkmod so I played through, just quick run throughs exploring most of the mission areas, to get a feel for as many missions as I could this weekend. I explored through about 60 missions in 5 days. The only missions that I experienced this slo-mo thing was in these three:

1. Noble Home (street area in the rain)
2. Penny Dreadfull 2: All The Way Up (street spot)
3. In Rememberance of Him (graveyard small spot)

Two of these missions are from Bikerdude. I wonder if he could shed some light on this issue for me.

Edited by cavador_8, 01 December 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#103 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20175 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

• Gpu - GTX 980 w/344.65 drivers
  • Ram - 8GB DDR3
  • Cpu - Core i7-4770K 3.5 GHZ

We are missing -
  • motherboard
  • PSU
  • OS
  • Sound card
  • screen res and have you touched the nvidia control panel settings..? Eg have you set AA/AS higher than 4x/8x etc
And then
  • what settings are you using in TDM
The easiest solution is for me to remote onto your PC and have a look, drop me a PM with your skype id.

#104 cavador_8

cavador_8

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

Motherboard: ASROCK Z87 EXTREME4
Power Supply: CORSAIR CX750 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE
Sound Card: ONBOARD 7.1 SOUND
Screen Res: 1920x1080 on a Samsung F8000 60 inch HDTV (gaming mode)
Nvidia Settings:

ambient occlusion performance anisotropic filtering 16x antialiasing FXAA ON antialiasing gamma correction ON antialiasing mode application controlled antialiasing transp multisampling CUPA ; GPUs ALL DSR factors/smooth OFF max pre-rendered frames 2 multi display/mixed single display power management adaptive shader cache ON text filter neg load bias clamp text filter quality high quality threaded optim AUTO triple buffering ON vsync ON

TDM settings:

Vsync: YES
AA: Off (FXAA on my video card)
Texture Anis: 16x
Ambient Rend: ENHANCED
Interaction Shader: ENHANCED
Post Proc: ENABLED

Edited by cavador_8, 01 December 2014 - 01:42 PM.

#105 cavador_8

cavador_8

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:38 PM

Am I really the only person here on this forum with this issue? I just tried another mission called "Siege Shop". I'm at 60 fps all the way until I reach an outside field in the rain. Then my fps drop to the 40s. In Noble Home, when I get on that first street in the rain I am in the 30 fps range until I get in the outside corners of that street then I am back up in the 60s. Needless to say, this is not what I expected from the GTX 980. I tried the new 344.75 drivers and there is no difference. I even tried playing Noble Home with no AA at all and no v-sync and it still hits the 30fps range in that area. I don't have this issue with any of my other games.

I even tried the Noble House and Siege Shop FMs on a completely different pc with a Nvidia GTX 660 and different drivers and this STILL happens.

Edited by cavador_8, 01 December 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#106 Lux

Lux

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1575 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:04 AM

GTX660 is a DX10 card. You do realize that TDM is not DX11 or 10, yeah? These cards are optimized for dx10/11. Not dx9 or anything older. I didn't realize "rain" was in all the trouble spots you were mentioning.

Edited by Lux, 02 December 2014 - 06:05 AM.

#107 cavador_8

cavador_8

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:35 AM

Yeah, rain seems to be a factor. This is crazy to think that I need an older video card to play some of these missions. I'll just have to stick to the missions that don't have rain.

#108 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:59 AM

Interesting - that explains the poor frame rate I get - around 20 - 30fps with a GTX650Ti

#109 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20175 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:18 AM

@Cavador, please move your conversation about perf issues to your other thread, ta.

- http://forums.thedar...5482-cavador-8/

#110 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20175 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:20 AM

Interesting - that explains the poor frame rate I get - around 20 - 30fps with a GTX650Ti

Nope I tested this missing on an old GTX 480 and it ran fine, again this is a driver/TDM configuration issue.

@Springheel, can you move the tech. Supp. stuff to Cavadors other thread..?

#111 SuffocatedGuy

SuffocatedGuy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

Just finished the mission and it was amazing. Especially the part where your fence mentions another Thi4f who became quite different nowadays.

Spoiler

It was also the first mission i noticed where NPCs react to stolen items, extinguished candles or to door that are not supposed to be open. I don't know if you're planning to continue but please do so

#112 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:20 PM

Just finished the mission and it was amazing. Especially the part where your fence mentions another Thi4f who became quite different nowadays.

Spoiler

It was also the first mission i noticed where NPCs react to stolen items, extinguished candles or to door that are not supposed to be open. I don't know if you're planning to continue but please do so

The sequel is in the works right now. I'm hoping for a spring release but it may slip into summer and yes it picks up right where AC1 leaves off ;)

Glad you enjoyed it!

The Accountant
Part 1: Thieves and Heirs | Part 2: New In town

Shadows of Northdale Campaign

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Spring Cleaning

#113 dw1

dw1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:27 AM

Just finished this. I thought the in-game 'cinematics' were very well done. Good voice acting by whomever that was. The guard patrols were well crafted but the amount of security seemed rather disproportionate to such a modest residence. It seemed like a flat in a wealthy part of a city. I also liked the flashes of originality - the walk-in freezer for example, the unique safe. I think an earlier comment said this was your first map? If so I think you have a lot of potential. 

I think it could use a little more difficulty on the highest setting. The ghosting requirement is good but maybe split the main indoor guard into two guards, one for each floor. In any case I would definitely not add a key to the outside guard. You're given ample time to pick that lock as long as you don't forget yourself.

#114 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20175 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:52 AM

• Just finished this. I thought the in-game 'cinematics' were very well done. Good voice acting by whomever that was.
  • I also liked the flashes of originality - the walk-in freezer for example, the unique safe.
  • That was all Goldwell, he is a very talented person and when his mapping skills match his other skills he will blow the rest of us away.
  • I modelled the freezer from one I had seen in a T2 mission and the safe was crafted by GW.

#115 dw1

dw1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:01 PM

Do you remember the T2 mission? Ah just as I wrote that I remembered, in Precious Cargo (the stowaway mission).

Well anyway nice work.

#116 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

Do you remember the T2 mission? Ah just as I wrote that I remembered, in Precious Cargo (the stowaway mission).

Well anyway nice work.

I've seen the freezer in quite a few FMs and its fantastic to have one as it has a very steam punky feel and is a nice little nod to Thief 2. As for the safe it's not T2 inspired it's just something I came up with because I wanted something different than the normal style safe and a lot of people seem to enjoy it which is good!

Glad you enjoyed the mission overall as i'm currently working on the accountant 2 and I have taken into consideration all of the comments from this thread (including yours of course) when building it so hopefully it will be bigger and better ;)

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

#117 Hecateus

Hecateus

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:22 AM

finished this.  Did not explore sewers.  Only probs not mentioned so far...

Spoiler

looking forward to pt 2.

#118 whoop

whoop

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:57 PM

Absolutely fantastic mission...

Spoiler

• Goldwell likes this

#119 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:06 PM

Absolutely fantastic mission...

Spoiler

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Yes I realize now the sewer bit was a bit finicky but due to the way I had implemented the rain it had to be a once touch frob sort of door which is what caused the problems.

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: the accountant series, a noble home, fan mission

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users