Photo

What's your favorite PC game of all times?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 Cookie

Cookie

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:00 PM

This is actually really hard, considering many series had multiple great games.

1. Half-Life 2: Anyone who had the pleasure of experiencing this game in the release year will agree here. Stunning immersion, the beginning of modern (cinematic) gaming, a "dream game", the "Citizen Kane" of video gaming

2. - 10. in no particular order (no series mentioned twice):

- GTA San Andreas (best GTA game regarding gameplay and replay value)

- Enderal (Elder Scrolls with a good story)

- The Dark Mod (Thief with superior content and presentation)

- Guild Wars 1 (Online gaming done right, PVE really enjoyable and PVP on another level)

- Path of Exile (Insert many hours of endless looting and theorycrafting builds here)

- Deus Ex 1 (Great game that did more things right than anyone could ever imagine when it was released)

- Age of Empires 2 (the pinnacle of RTS)

- Shadow Warrior 2013 (really my kind of game for some strange reason, it is just so much fun and the story surpassed my expectations)

- F.E.A.R. 1 (slow motion greatness for those epic moments you would otherwise miss in gaming, sound design, particles and AI still amaze today)

Honorable mentions:

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Underhell, Zelda: Ocarina of Time (yes, no PC game, otherwise clear #2), Bioshock Infinite, Thief 2, Settlers 3, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun, Nehrim (will still mention this game for obvious reasons), Mirrors Edge Catalyst, Metro Last Light, Assassins Creed Black Flag, Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and many more I just can´t remember at this moment...

Edited by Cookie, 05 July 2018 - 04:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users