The Dark Mod Forums

FM Archive

vorob

Hi,

For now we have all TDM fms placed in one spot, here

http://www.mindplace...od/missions.php

I just wish it will be the same forever.

For example fm's for t1/t2 i have to search on ttlg, thiefmissions, komag fan site, authors home pages and etc. I don't want the same for TDM, cause it sux. All should be centralized.

Please, just one place with all fms...

Edited by vorob

Hi,

For now we have all TDM fms placed in one spot, here

http://www.mindplaces.com/darkmod/missions.php

I just wish it will be the same forever, cause i have to search for fms on ttlg, thiefmissions, komag fan site, authors home pages and etc. 

Please, just one place with all fms...

Trust us, v1.03 will fix this for you :) And except people who violate other's copyrights/IP/trademarks, we will continue to host and support everything.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Trust us, v1.03 will fix this for you :) And except people who violate other's copyrights/IP/trademarks, we will continue to host and support everything.

Emm, i'm a little bit distracted, how updating tdm will help keeping all fm's in one spot ? :)

Emm, i'm a little bit distracted, how updating tdm will help keeping all fm's in one spot ? :)

TDM v1.03 has an FM downloader build in. Thus you can download FMs, without having to know where they are stored/mirrored :)

Edit: This will of course cover only "official" FMs, but with only a few exceptions that will be all FMs, anyway. I think from the 32 or so we have, there is only one which contains non-supported material and would be excluded from that list. And you can download such missions manually, too.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

TDM v1.03 has an FM downloader build in. Thus you can download FMs, without having to know where they are stored/mirrored :)

Edit: This will of course cover only "official" FMs, but with only a few exceptions that will be all FMs, anyway. I think from the 32 or so we have, there is only one which contains non-supported material and would be excluded from that list. And you can download such missions manually, too.

Wow, that's a thing. Just wish i'll have possibility to save all downloaded files somewhere, so i could back up them :)

Do you have a wishlist some where for this "downloader"?

I would like to prose such options as rating, comments regarding mission (and possibility to view other's comments) and contact system so i could get in touch with developer. 

I would like to prose such options as rating, comments regarding mission (and possibility to view other's comments) and contact system so i could get in touch with developer. 

I know that a rating system was discussed to be added in the downloader. I don't remember now what was the final decision.

But you can easily contact the FM authors via this forum. All the FMs have their own thread in the Fan Mission section. Constructive feedback is always appreciated. Having the contact possibility via forum in which the user needs to register is better than anonymous via in-game downloader.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

I'm sure we won't have any trouble finding the original TDM FMs ten years from now. Fans are generally quite good at preserving things like this. You can still download the original Thief 1 fan-made missions, and older stuff like Duke Nukem 3D levels too.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

If we could get ourselves a larger fan-base, I might be more confident of that. stagnating dev-count doesn't help either. I've been debating on dusting off my old c++ books for a few weeks and forsaking my FM for the cause, but for now playing with DR and material shaders, coupled with contributing thoughts to the forum for my own entertainment just happens to be my cup of tea.

I heartily encourage anyone else inexperienced but interested in the propagation of TDM to do their small part as well. We have a great wiki. Vets like grayman pitching in is always encouraging though.

All in all, I hope and believe TDM is interesting and fun enough that the work done (with more to come) will survive another half decade at least, pending on how eidos montreal treats T4 with their fucking 'sneak toggle' forced 3rd person horseshit. For myself, I'll be keeping my TDM data on my PC safe for many, many years.

whoa, hang on a minute. The TDM world is larger than Bridgeport. There's a whole empire outside of it. I've totally written out my FM plotline already and its set in a city named Stock to the NW of Bridgeport, mainly because I want the city government to run differently and add a faction that doesn't exist in Bridgeport, but it's still very much in the TDM world. I've been trying to stay almost explicitly true to the TDM Universe section of the wiki, yet my FM won't get listed on the main page???? Can someone confirm this

whoa, hang on a minute. The TDM world is larger than Bridgeport. There's a whole empire outside of it. I've totally written out my FM plotline already and its set in a city named Stock to the NW of Bridgeport, mainly because I want the city government to run differently and add a faction that doesn't exist in Bridgeport, but it's still very much in the TDM world. I've been trying to stay almost explicitly true to the TDM Universe section of the wiki, yet my FM won't get listed on the main page???? Can someone confirm this

Nope, i think missions will be listed as long as they do not violate existing commercial Intellectual Property.

You can invent your own places, but you can't have a FM in a Harry Potter location. At least that it my impression.

Clipper

Sigh. You seem to fail to grasp the basic idea. Read more carefully.

No one is forbidding anything. You can do a fm of anything you want.

It is all about what the mod team can officially host.

The line seems to be that darkmod is not going to officially endorse fms which violate someones intellectual property.

Celestial objects are not anyones commercial intellectual property.

Again, this is only my impression.

what the fuck ?

?

*faints*

what if want build my mission in another universe ?

some Thief FM's takes action on Mars , or Jupiter

Lore can't forbid me to build TDM mission for example on Mars

Clipper

what if want build my mission in another universe ?

some Thief FM's takes action on Mars , or Jupiter

Lore can't forbid me to build TDM mission for example on Mars

Mars and Jupiter aren't intellectual property, lol.

You can violate the "lore" as much as you want and get hosted, those are just guidelines.

Edited by jaxa

It's gonna be a really short FM, where the player (and all the non-undead) guards are killed instantaneously by the atmosphere. :laugh:

You laugh, but I was about to fire up DR to make exactly this mission, objectives, store and all the stuff just to kill you 3 seconds after level start :D :D

The website was originally going to host only the missions that were considered official TDM canon, which meant that they had to fit into the TDM universe. Now that we're using the website for automatic downloads, I'm not quite sure how that will change. At the very least, we won't host missions with IP issues, or missions that are below a minimum standard of quality.

The website was originally going to host only the missions that were considered official TDM canon, which meant that they had to fit into the TDM universe. Now that we're using the website for automatic downloads, I'm not quite sure how that will change. At the very least, we won't host missions with IP issues, or missions that are below a minimum standard of quality.

aha. I catch your drift. Thank you for clarifying.