The Dark Mod Forums

Forum slow & unresponsiive

Bikerdude

this might seem a little odd, but if you right click on the video on the front page and set graphics in hardware mode to off then the forum speeds up. it looks as if the slowdown bug is in the flash plugin in hardware mode, am guessing it reloads the forum in hardware mode from the internet and software mode it reloads the forum from browser cache memory.

Hmm, other flash based websites load just fine, its just this forum..

I thought it might be one of my add-ons in FF that's causing the slowdown.. but no, its just as bad in IE.

Also Im only having this problem for the most part with This website..

Edited by Bikerdude

For me, this forum works slow too, sometimes. Nothing serious though. What upsets me more is the way it works in OperaMini, when i try to browse it when out and about. Too many times, when i open some thread and then i open another, it opens the same one as before, and i can´t open any oher thread, b/c it allways shows the one i opened first. Sometimes, when i type www.thedarkmod.com, only blank white page is displayed. This way it´s unusable, i have to kill opera and run it again for it to work.

Anyone having this issue too ?

On the other side, OperaMobile 10 keeps telling me that TDM site "uses advanced space technology, which they can´t adapt for my phone" :laugh:

How yours mobile browsers handle it ?

Edited by Trickster

Ok after talking to a helpfull tech at my ISP (o2) we think we have found the problem - packet loss..!!!

The thing is all the pages I am having issue with on all 3 of of my computers only seem to effect FF and IE on said computers, opera seems for the most part immune....

what gives..? what does opera have that the other two dont..?

Edited by Bikerdude

Isn't this fourm hosted by one of the team's home PC? Maybe s/he has a certain process that activates at whatever time this occurs?

A home PC would be quite more slow than this. It's actaully hosted on my Virtual private Server in a data centre in US.

During early mornings in UK the server is set to perform a full account backup, which will slow things down.

Not sure what's going on with your packet loss tho, Bikerdude. I'm located in Norway and haven't experienced anything like it.

~m2

Hi M2

Its a phoneline/ISP thing from the looks of it. ther problem is affects all websites i got to, but the darkmod forum is being effected the most..

Even opera is now falling over when trying to access the TDM forum... Im off to bed as I cant do much in the way of posting while my connection is like this..