The Dark Mod Forums

Team Fortress 2 now free on Steam.

Xarg

Title says it all folks.. now if only the servers weren't so overloaded (probably from this going free) I'd actually be able to download it, and only be 3 years late to the party (instead of 11 like with Deus Ex)

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

MEET THE MEDIC! <3 <3 <3

http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/

I've been waiting for this for years! Since Medic is my main class!

I just fear for the inevitable wave of cheaters and hackers that free to play will cause. =-<

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

still not worth it

When NO really means YES.

From your previous statments about TDM, certian missions and whatnot i'd say fairly unreliable/informed/whatever...

Bad advice at least

========

Hands down TF2 IS the best multiplayer ever.

If anyone wants to play hit me up and friends me, but let me know you're from here first, I don't accept random requests.

Voodoo Daddy in the TDM steam group

Valve did state they'd be monitoring the situation closely and the servers are Vac secured, so IP's do get banned easily, etc...

=========

And like Sotha said spy is great. Not quite the same as a thief since it's pretty fast paced, but it is fun sitting in a corner cloaked, then pouncing out and back stabbing a chain of enemies then cloaking back up as you run away, disguise as another class and come back for more.

It can be tough on spammy servers (over 24) or servers with very few players(-10).

I love playing it on CTF maps, I generally end up getting at least half of the caps.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Never played it. I might be willing to give it a shot if there's a group of TDM or TTLG people on. I have HD space issues right now though, so have to work that out before I can download this.

Incidentally, the full version of Rise of Flight is now also free to download and play with two planes (or more like they took off the restrictions on the demo). I guess they and TF2 are banking on making money with purchasable upgrades.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

The artsytle oif TF2 is nothing short of brilliant. The artstyle completely fits the somewhat crazy cartoony combat. The art documents show tons of fore thought,

TF was ugly, somewhat photorealistic, just ugly.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

I feel kinda ripped off that I paid for it :wacko:

Unless you bought it recently, you had the opportunity to play it for a long time, people getting the free release, like myself, are only now getting the chance to play the game.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

I actually bought this game a wile ago, but still haven't played it. I was absolutely obsessed with TFC back in 2000, playing it for hours every day. Most of my game time now though is spent with TDM or Urban Terror. The things I've read about TF2 have been major turn-offs, like the removal of hand grenades. Part of the joy in TFC was having a perfectly primed grenade and then handing it to an enemy sniper or spy, only to see him reduced to chunks. Conc-jumping was an art in it's self. The whole going invisible thing as the spy in TF2 does intrigue me though. I also loved terrorizing the enemy in TFC as a medic, poisoning them and laughing my ass off when they spread the infection to eachother. Apparently you can't do that in TF2 either.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

I agree that no 'nades turned me completely off, as that was by far my favourite aspect of TFC. One of my favourite things was to psyche people out to make them think I had a bad connection by making my character do some some sort of repetitive jitter/stutter movement, but then turn and suddenly shoot them, or run further into their base as soon as they ran by, haha!

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif