The Dark Mod Forums

TDM users around the world

Bikerdude

I'm all the way over in northern California... If unable to meet in person, it would be cool to hang out on TeamSpeak or Mumble (open-source alternative) some time. Both systems are entirely cross-platform, as far as I know.

I've actually been watching some "Let's play TDM" videos on Youtube. Here's Alberic's Curse. Sadly I cannot understand the Finnish dialogue.

SPOILERS (obviously)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozvltODt-ek&feature=related

I also recall seeing some Japanese TDM players on Youtube as well a wile ago.

Edited by lost_soul

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

Evening

I am determined to meet some of my fellow TDM players/mappers/users at the end of this month! If need bw I will ride my motorcycle all the the way there!

So does anyone know how to knock up a map so we can pinpoint where we all are in the world..?

:-D

What, you're riding around the world?

I'm in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA, North America, Earth.

I've actually been watching some "Let's play TDM" videos on Youtube. Here's Alberic's Curse. Sadly I cannot understand the Finnish dialogue.

if you play it backwards, it details the plans for the new Mars Colony and what went wrong with the teleports :D

(I find Finnish so funny, hopefully someone of them can provide us with a translation)

Anyway, this is not me:

(What the fuck:

An error occurred

Sorry, but you have posted more media files than you are allowed to -

I am allowed only twoyoutube links?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

if you play it backwards, it details the plans for the new Mars Colony and what went wrong with the teleports :D

(I find Finnish so funny, hopefully someone of them can provide us with a translation)

Oh that.. It is Eläkeläiset - Humppanirvana. Eläkeläiset (translates to 'pensioners') is quite popular in Germany if I understood correctly. I've even been once in a party where they played. They never seem to play sober.

Anyways the lyrics go like this in finnish:

Lahkeet lepattaa

Sydän väpättää

Naama punottaa

Kello jätättää

Puku päällä on

Siis kysyn vaan

Missäs sitä tänään tanssataan

Ei oo, ei oo, ei oo, helppoo

Miksei kukaan

Tule mukaan

Kun mä tanssaan

Nirvanassa

Kannat kattoon

Ygä mattoon

Nitro poskeen

Hyppään koskeen

Uin rantaan

Astun lantaan

Askel vakaa

Metsän takaa

Hei, hei, hei, hei

Olen levoton

Unohdin loton

Mutta minkäs teen

Olen mahoton

Ilta pimenee

Lava tyhjenee

Väki hiljenee

Minä palelen

Ei oo, ei oo, ei oo, helppoo

Miksei kukaan

Tule mukaan

Kun mä tanssaan

Nirvanassa

Kannat kattoon

Ygä mattoon

Nitro poskeen

Hyppään koskeen

Uin rantaan

Astun lantaan

Askel vakaa

Metsän takaa

Hei, hei, hei, hei

In english it goes like this (google translate with my quick fixes)

leg flutters

Heart flaps

face is red

the clock is slow

Suit is on

So I ask, but

Where's todays dances?

it's not, it's not, it's not, easy

Why is not anyone

coming along

When I dance

in Nirvana

heels to the ceiling

vomit on the carpet

Nitro in the cheek

I jump into the river

I swam to shore

I step in manure

My steps are stable

from behind the forest

Hey, hey, hey, hey

I am restless

I forgot lottery

But what can I do

I insane

evening darkened

the stage is empty

The people go quiet

I'm cold

it's not, it's not, it's not, easy

Why is not anyone

coming along

When I dance

in Nirvana

heels to the ceiling

vomit on the carpet

Nitro in the cheek

I jump into the river

I swam to shore

I step in manure

My steps are stable

from behind the forest

Hey, hey, hey, hey

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Oh that.. It is Eläkeläiset - Humppanirvana. Eläkeläiset (translates to 'pensioners') is quite popular in Germany if I understood correctly. I've even been once in a party where they played. They never seem to play sober.

Well, to be fair, it is even funnier if you are not sober while listening, either :D

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Well, to be fair, it is even funnier if you are not sober while listening, either :D

Aye. But it is nice to see that our culture is so advanced that it spreads to other cultures as well. ^_^

Anyone heard about our most famous composer, Sibelius?

Clipper

Better put on your snowtires Biker :laugh: . I'm in Winnipeg, Canada and we're having an unusually long fall and should be getting dumped on any day. Not complaining mind you. The longer it stays away the better. Hey Grayman - is it warm down there? :laugh:

Mid 70s the next 3 days. Then it'll drop. We don't get very much snow, just nasty ice storms.

Thames Valley, myself.

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling

I'm in Cheam Village just outside London. King Henry VIII used to have a palace here. In keeping with the villages history there's lots of Tudor style buildings here. They come in very handy for Dark Mod inspiration

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger"

The Joker

I'm from Finland, the small but stubborn country in northern Europe. It is situated just on the shore of Baltic Sea, between Sweden and Russia. Norway is north of us.

The following famous painting by Eetu Isto gives a nice synopsis of the geography and political history of our region.

220px-Suomineito.jpg

Somehow the artist forgot to paint a more pretty blonde girl sitting and peacefully enjoying kaffe och bulle west of The Finnish Maiden... ;)

Like most of finns, I live in the southern part of Finland. It is fun here.

Clipper

never been to Finland, dated a finish girl one though.

Well, sir, if that is the case, then you have most likely seen one of the best things our nation can provide. Finnish girls are commonly very beautiful. Only swedes are prettier. Yep, in our western neighbour, evertyhing is always a little bit better than for us. That's why finns both love and hate swedes.

Clipper

I think that if you are English - and actually live in England --- any foreign woman feels like a breath of fresh air compared with our indigenous crop. >.>

"No proposition Euclid wrote,

No formulae the text-books know,

Will turn the bullet from your coat,

Or ward the tulwar's downward blow

Strike hard who cares—shoot straight who can—

The odds are on the cheaper man."

From 'Arithmetic on the Frontier' by Rudyard Kipling