The Dark Mod Forums

Bugs in Training Mission & General

SiyahParsomen

After watching the newbie darkmod player videos in the releated topic, I give it a go and there are some annoying ones (in current v1.08). Maybe many of them already mentioned before, I don't know. Since newcomers start with training mission, it should be polished as mush as possible imho.

I created a gallery with small descriptions below the shots.

http://minus.com/m5UVzpXwT

There's definitely some odd things going on in those videos.

He was able to KO an alerted guard from the front, for example...I thought that bug had been quashed already. Not sure what was going on with the repeated "failed_KO" animation playing over and over again. I've never seen that myself.

Also, what was with the sitting guard rotating around in his chair but not getting up?

Yeah I agree training mission should really be best foot forward type of thing. Maybe Bikerdude (who loves fixing missions :P ) could take a look

LOL you know me too well, I havent looked at the video but will do this evening. Springs who do I jneed to talk to to start work on this and I imagine I just draft in the original authors for help and guidence..?

Springs who do I jneed to talk to to start work on this

I'm not quite sure about that.

He was able to KO an alerted guard from the front, for example...I thought that bug had been quashed already.

Not quite. We were only able to squash that when they're in 'combat' mode...essentially by making guards immune to blackjacking while in combat. Prior to combat, they are only supposed to be vulnerable from behind, but because of the way the collision stuff works in doom 3...they have a soft spot on the front because they lean forward while alert/searching. We had to wait for the source to do a proper fix...which of course we can do now. :)

There's definitely some odd things going on in those videos.

..."failed_KO" animation playing over and over again. I've never seen that myself...

Actually I experienced it couple of times on revenants in different missions. If you keep hitting for a long time, AI will stuck in that animation forever.

Hi, I'm a newbie here, although an old taffer in the thief ways. An alerted guard could be easily killed just repeat crushing his head quickly with the blackjack. It feels like a bit of cheating. Maybe you could balance this raising the time between blackjackings or reducing the total damage done by the blackjack (or reducing the time of being hurt by the blackjack (for the guard), so he could strike better and sooner).

EDITED: Ah! sorry didn't read the report by SiyahParsomen, this bug was already reported. Ok, but this is my two cents about the topic :P

Regards,

Ruber Eaglenest.

Edited by rubereaglenest