The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.0.3 pre-release Build

A new pre-release build is up for download in the first post (2.0.3pre5).

If anybody is experiencing crashes, please record a dump file and upload it somewhere for me to download. Record the dump file while the "DarkRadiant.exe has stopped working" popup is still visible, switch to Task Manager, go to the tab showing the processes, right-click DarkRadiant.exe and select Create dump file. Compress it before uploading, it can end up quite large.

Hey Greebo, welcome back mister!

Ok, tried to install x64 version and got installer errors from the modules section onwards, nd just tried the x86 version and the above issue starts at the scripts section onwards.

post-496-0-79298300-1436258865_thumb.jpg

Tried to unpack the portable x64/x86 versions and the following files come up as corrupt, and tried to download the x86 portable version and it won't download.

post-496-0-50240000-1436259096_thumb.jpg

Yes, got the same now. I seem to have trouble uploading stuff to dramthethief.com, I re-uploaded it three times already. I cannot connect to ftp.thedarkod.com from here since I'm behind a proxy.

First CTD of the day -

- mega

Thanks for the dump, I could open it but I can merely see that the application crashed after you hit the ESC key. Any chance you remember what kind of operation you were doing at the point it crashed?

Thanks for the dump, I could open it but I can merely see that the application crashed after you hit the ESC key. Any chance you remember what kind of operation you were doing at the point it crashed?

TBH I cant, I was possibly pressing escape to delesect something. I will have to keep an eye on it and see if I can remember to remember what I'm doing when it does it :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

I had this issue with 2.0.2 and with 2.0.3:

I get this weird texture shimmering until I remove good chunk of decimals as depicted on the video (why is there so many numbers after decimal point anyway?). The texture is 4k x 4k.

Another issue (which probably just a feature of DR) is that I can't use Surface Inspector to adjust values manually (not using arrows in the Inspector's window) when several brush faces are selected.

Whats with the insane scale sizes..? I would take an educated guess and say no TDM mapper uses anything higher than 0.5.

Why not? It's a large surface and I needed to scale up this baby to look in a way it doesn't hurt my eyes :) (the texture isn't tileable, so...)

Possible bug in this version, any selected brushes gets duplicated when autosave kicks in, as if spacebar was pressed.

should this issue go on the bug tracker.

if you use 'load in textures view' from media browser, you cant see the new shaders in the texture browser until you click 'hide unused', then clicking it again.

greebo was working on this as part of another improvement that's in the works.

Thanks greebo for your work.

First i'm must say i tested this on Doom 3 not DarkMod so take this with a grain of salt, on the model preview, navigation was choppy, on Normal DR 3D window you click on the arrow and it glides smoothly, on the model viewer i add to constantly press and release the button for the camera to move, ( imo a orbital type of camera with the view center on the model could be better for this not a fly camera) second right now when you click on the lighting preview, on the model viewer, everything gets black, i'm sure thats because you made it so it shows lights that come with the model but when a model has no light then is just black, imo this mode should have a default 3 point light system, that you can enable/disable if needed, that way you can inspect the normal maps and other effects even on objects with no light.

Edited by HMart

• 4 weeks later...

Wrote about this on the 2.0.2 release sticky. Got Vivid Ubuntu installed, libboost 1.54 is deprecated, so can't build from source or install from the .deb packages.