The Dark Mod Forums

Article 13: New copyright law proposal - conact your MEP

Bikerdude

If your not aware of this you should be, but to be fair this has been willfully & deliberatly hidden.

The proposed new law is in short censorship that heavily favours big corporations (but google and thier ilk are against it weirdly), because they will be the only one with the finacial means to pay for the "url link tax", which then mean an end to many thing, one of them being indipendant news sources.

https://saveyourinternet.eu/home/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44412025

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/05/31/save-internet-eu-moves-monitor-uploads-censor-memes-tax-links/

Email, write to or call your MEP this week as the deadline in the 20/06/18, I found out who all mine were and contacted them along with my local MP last night.

Edited by Bikerdude

its about sharing any image that you don't have copyright on, the new rules mean you cannot share it without explicit permission from original owner,

google are against it because their search engine lets you search for images, this new law means that the image search function for europe coved by the eu needs to be blocked from the image search, else they will get buggered by the eu court of bollocks for breaking other peoples copyright.

you also wont be allowed to share images on places like twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube unless you own original image and the copyright for it. Will also cover any music you add to a video, if you do not own the music and have copyright on it you cannot add the music to your video, expect billions of video's on YouTube to suddenly disappear, or be blocked from being viewed from within europe.

• Like 1

One thing I really wish I figured out sooner in life is that the more I support the assholes in the content industry, the worse this shit will get. I think this realization finally hit me with the Xbox One introduction. https://kotaku.com/xbox-one-needs-to-connect-to-the-internet-every-24-hour-511751949

If I could go back in time and give every dime that I gave to these guys to an alcoholic instead, I would do so. It'd be going to a better (as in less harmful to society) cause.

If only 14-year-old me knew that supporting tyrants only leads to more tyranny...

Technically we're pawns that have no saying.

Everything was decided when the IP conventions were signed, circa 200 years ago. That's where these weird rules are coming from. Talk about agency. Maybe Trump could revise that historical injustice.

Also, I'm aware that my answers are distinguishably inadequate. When someone asks me about time, I explain that time is a relative concept and such and such.

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

you also wont be allowed to share images on places like twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube unless you own original image and the copyright for it. Will also cover any music you add to a video, if you do not own the music and have copyright on it you cannot add the music to your video, expect billions of video's on YouTube to suddenly disappear, or be blocked from being viewed from within europe.

Right now there are legitimate problems with Facebook and YouTube at the very least.

Videos on YouTube get uploaded by strangers on Facebook, with the possibility of taking away any views it could've gotten on YouTube - without the user on YouTube getting any profit. Considering Instagram is also affiliated with Facebook, that kinda created problems. Don't know how much images could be worth though. People can still circumvent this and send it over messaging apps with no problem if need be.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson