The Dark Mod Forums

Hidden Hands: The Lost Citadel (23/07/2020)

JackFarmer

Finished this up just before Christmas and am just getting a chance now to make a quick note. This was massive Wow! :) but I did enjoy it.

Spoiler

Loved all the puzzles and had no difficulty solving, just had some trouble finding where I had to go next. And that was more because of size, I felt like I was missing something. So once I just went with it things started to make sense. I have to confess, though, I did check here a couple of times (for things such as the explosive devise). I came to realize that the key was to explore, explore, explore. Oh, and thank you for leaving the many fire arrows and not having their use cause a failure of the mission. :)

Thanks for all your hard work and look forward to more. 

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm trying to finish this huge mission but I cannot return to the first world. To go from water world to first world, I suppose I have to go through tunnel on the right side of the big door. But its lever seems to be blocked. It doesn't move.

I have used this lever before without any trouble. Then... Bug or I have forgotten anything ?

dm.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2020 at 12:32 PM, JBERT said:

Hello,

I'm trying to finish this huge mission but I cannot return to the first world. To go from water world to first world, I suppose I have to go through tunnel on the right side of the big door. But its lever seems to be blocked. It doesn't move.

I have used this lever before without any trouble. Then... Bug or I have forgotten anything ?

dm.jpg

That's a new bug. I will discuss it with stgatilov after the next update.

Thanks for your report.

1 minute ago, ZeroOmega said:

Theres many instances where jumping makes you float and your unable to climb onto things, its a real pain trying to get around on the roof or even the white boxes on the side of the building near the water

If you're referring to the first building in the mission, then I can vouch for this. Trying to do anything on the roof was a fool's errand, since jumping/climbing didn't really co-operate.

18 minutes ago, roygato said:

If you're referring to the first building in the mission, then I can vouch for this. Trying to do anything on the roof was a fool's errand, since jumping/climbing didn't really co-operate.

Both on the roof an the immediate area to the left of where you start, though that one is kind of cool cause I feel like a physics breaking ninja dropping down on the guy with the lantern 😆

hhtlc_2021-02-22_16.03.05.jpg

Edited by ZeroOmega

32 minutes ago, ZeroOmega said:

Both on the roof an the immediate area to the left of where you start, though that one is kind of cool cause I feel like a physics breaking ninja dropping down on the guy with the lantern 😆

Indeed, the white boxes next to the building were similarly broken. EDIT: Oh I see what you mean from the screenshot. Didn't experience that myself, since I knocked that guy out like five seconds in.

I spent way too much time on the roof trying to do god-knows what, only to get increasingly frustrated by the physics. Was trying to climb most every object, think there was some item on top of the highest stack of stuff.

Edited by roygato

20 hours ago, ZeroOmega said:

Theres many instances where jumping makes you float and your unable to climb onto things, its a real pain trying to get around on the roof or even the white boxes on the side of the building near the water

20 hours ago, roygato said:

19 hours ago, roygato said:

Indeed, the white boxes next to the building were similarly broken. EDIT: Oh I see what you mean from the screenshot. Didn't experience that myself, since I knocked that guy out like five seconds in.

I spent way too much time on the roof trying to do god-knows what, only to get increasingly frustrated by the physics. Was trying to climb most every object, think there was some item on top of the highest stack of stuff.

You guys are right; jumping/mantling does not work correctly anymore.

I managed to reach the highest region but with similar problems as you have mentioned:

https://streamable.com/2e5qap

The mission was designed and tested with 2.07 shortly before the release of 2.08.  I already noticed that climbing on boxes on the roof did not work properly anymore in 2.08, but it seems that the problems got worse with 2.09. 

I am sorry for the problems.

That's extremely frustrating for me as well as I put a lot of time in this mission and I consider this my best work to date. :( :(

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I finished this mission (expert, ghost, all loot (two gold on the ground of the lake I only found by "show_loot") and have some questions about unused objects:

1) What is about "Shield of humility" : "... dont forget to return it to the Shrine of the Blessed sacrament" ?

2) Note for Investigation: "Edmund tastet the forbidden fruits found on the trees lining the nearby shore" ?

3) Sinners's confession: "I have to sneak past the peasants at the goat stable" ?

4) I read above that the "picture" should be a hint for St.Antonius via the "picture". But I cannot look at the picture.

5) I read above something about a "fight scene in the hallway" - I can't remember found that in the mission.

6) The morsing light in the first "cave" - will give "E-I-U-S" ? Is there a reason for it ?

7) The endless repeating numbers in the radio room: "4-8- ...". I did not use them. Any reason ?

8] Control panels:  "Communications": middle antenna: I can rotate "left" / "right", "start"/"stop", lever "up"/"down" and there is the "slider" (desk with four buttons). What to do ?

A story of the "Scepter of Disciple": The mechanism for the door I only recognized after "the chapel". I opened the door in the scene of the guarding skeleton in front of the "Scepter of Disciples". I opened the door by standing at the back of the grave (small steps at the window), shot a noisemaker in the crypt so that the noisemaker will rest near the door. Afterwards the skeleton will open the door and stay inside the grave with opened door. From the front side I grabbed the noisemaker and shot it somewhere in the scene. The skeleton will leave the grave, let the door open  and way is free to grab the Scepter.

Edited by har203

• nbohr1more changed the title to Hidden Hands: The Lost Citadel (23/07/2020)
56 minutes ago, har203 said:

I finished this mission (expert, ghost, all loot (two gold on the ground of the lake I only found by "show_loot") and have some questions about unused objects:

1) What is about "Shield of humility" : "... dont forget to return it to the Shrine of the Blessed sacrament" ?

2) Note for Investigation: "Edmund tastet the forbidden fruits found on the trees lining the nearby shore" ?

3) Sinners's confession: "I have to sneak past the peasants at the goat stable" ?

4) I read above that the "picture" should be a hint for St.Antonius via the "picture". But I cannot look at the picture.

5) I read above something about a "fight scene in the hallway" - I can't remember found that in the mission.

6) The morsing light in the first "cave" - will give "E-I-U-S" ? Is there a reason for it ?

7) The endless repeating numbers in the radio room: "4-8- ...". I did not use them. Any reason ?

8] Control panels:  "Communications": middle antenna: I can rotate "left" / "right", "start"/"stop", lever "up"/"down" and there is the "slider" (desk with four buttons). What to do ?

A story of the "Scepter of Disciple": The mechanism for the door I only recognized after "the chapel". I opened the door in the scene of the guarding skeleton in front of the "Scepter of Disciples". I opened the door by standing at the back of the grave (small steps at the window), shot a noisemaker in the crypt so that the noisemaker will rest near the door. Afterwards the skeleton will open the door and stay inside the grave with opened door. From the front side I grabbed the noisemaker and shot it somewhere in the scene. The skeleton will leave the grave, let the door open  and way is free to grab the Scepter.

Spoiler

1. When you pick it up, an optional objective will be completed; not further things to do with it

2. That was just for entertainment

3. Dto.

4. It should be possible to notice from the small inventory icon, who St. Antonius is (and if you have found hints about the other three guys, you can rule them out...)

5. That was just for entertainment

6. No, because it is not a morsing code, that is just a repeated sequence which was never intended to be what you think it could be....and I fully agree with you "E-I-U-S" makes no sense! :)

7. That was just a reference to the TV show "Lost" and was meant for entertainment only

8. No purpose other that the player can switch something on and off

Scepter of discipline --> nice catch, will eliminate this with the next update

Edited by JackFarmer
  • Like 1

In the meantime, version 5 has been added to the mission down loader.

Changes

Spoiler
  • fixed several defective surfaces and entities
  • "improved" the mantling problem on the warehouse roof (still not as good as it was with 2.07, but definitely better then with version 4)
  • fixed defective material surfaces that showed up after the release of 2.09
  • replaced the "naive" Builder voice overs with "correctly compressed" takes - sounds much better now (like in HHVF)
  • lowered the lights in the flooded area to make it easier to ghost this area (it is definitely possible)
  • reduced the loot objectives a littles bit

If you have not played this mission until now and you know the previous two mission (HHI and HHVF), then I strongly recommend to do it now.

I think this is my best work. I doubt I will be able to put out something better.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@duzenko

I would not call it campaign, one missions just leads to events in the next mission and so on...

However, the order is:

I - Initiation

II - Vitalic Fever

III - The Lost Citadel

IV - The Anomaly

As far as I recall, each mission notes section in the relevant DM menu  includes a list with the order up to the released mission.

I hope you will have fun with my missions!

Edited by JackFarmer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JackFarmer said:

@duzenko

I would not call it campaign, one missions just leads to events in the next mission and so on...

However, the order is:

I - Initiation

II - Vitalic Fever

III - The Lost Citadel

IV - The Anomaly

As far as I recall, each mission notes section in the relevant DM menu  includes a list with the order up to the released mission.

I hope you will have fun with my missions!

Here's how it looks in GUI

I think it should be H..H.. 1, 2, 3, 4

image.png.fb098afb72a8ab37560d7220e5482636.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I decided to give this another try. I got a lot further than last time while Beta testing. After the update to 2.09 everything got a lot brighter. It was so dark before I couldn't find anything.

I found a Mysterious key. Where does that go? Also, got into the court side, but where is the key to the Quarters side?

Gotta go back to the underwater station. The hammer crucifix for the

Spoiler

temple

. Forgot that, but I don't remember if it was frobable back there now that I think about it.

The hall with all the paintings and stuff. How does that puzzle work? Found a readable about it, but don't get it.

Got the puzzle with Wilbur's

Spoiler

bones

after a while.

10 hours ago, Acolytesix said:

So I decided to give this another try. I got a lot further than last time while Beta testing. After the update to 2.09 everything got a lot brighter. It was so dark before I couldn't find anything.

I found a Mysterious key. Where does that go?

Uhm, where did you find the mysterious key? I do not know which key you mean.

Also, got into the court side, but where is the key to the Quarters side?

The quarters key can be found in the chapel. You can take get that key once you have solved all four puzzles in the ritual room with the large columns.

Gotta go back to the underwater station. The hammer crucifix for the

Reveal hidden contents

temple

. Forgot that, but I don't remember if it was frobable back there now that I think about it.

This is optional, if you do not wish to complete this optional objective, you do not have to return to the station now.

The hall with all the paintings and stuff. How does that puzzle work? Found a readable about it, but don't get it.

Got the puzzle with Wilbur's

Reveal hidden contents

bones

after a while.

Go into the library and examine every room closely for more information, then you will understand, what to do in the room with the paintings and in the library, you will also find additonal hints how to solve the painting puzzles.

All other rooms (excluding the chapel and the quarters) include hints in form of readables and other things how to solve the "paintings puzzle" once you understand its function from a certain readable in the library.

In general, the key to success in this mission is: explore, explore explore.

Edited by JackFarmer
  • Like 1

Honestly I don't remember where I found that key. It's just labeled 'Mysterious Key'. I'll let you know IF I find the door it opens ;) 

I remember doing the puzzle with the

Spoiler

hammer crucifix

last time. It was the

Spoiler

sceptre

that was found completing that one right?

Back to the library :) 

• Like 1