The Dark Mod Forums

Load save crash help!

You might get some results if you set "seta logfile" "2" in your darkmod.cfg, then look at the resulting file in your project folder. I have experienced a very similar issue on a very large map, which I haven't solved yet. If I try to quick load, I don't get a crash, but the map doesn't load and I get an error:

image.png.2063578686c34ce750f2ecce03798286.png

Hmm okay I got the log, I dont see anything out of the ordinary but I also don't know what to look for really. It crashes about when it looks like it should finish loading. qconsole.log

17 hours ago, datiswous said:

Is that a crash to desktop without error?

Yeah, it loads about 80 percent there and crashes. Its hard to diagnose because I havent touched the mission in a while and afaik, I havent added anything new to it in a while. This might just be the first time Ive noticed the crash and its just been hiding in the mission. 

Have you tried loading a quicksave in 2.11? What version of tdm do you use currently?

Have you tried disabling all scripts to see if it's script related?

I mean I just share some ideas, I'm sure you know much more of tdm.

I havent tried in 2.11 yet but I will.

Just an update on this. For now I think I fixed it by:
- Addressing most of the warning in the log above. Outside common errors like some missing textures and such that are part of the core. 
- Made sure to give my parallel lights "parallelSky " "1" spawnarg. 
- Deleted my .aas files and rebuilt them
- Dmapped the entire thing

Right now I am not getting the load error . It's a very hard problem to nail down because the console isn't giving a specific script name that it's getting hung up on (if that is even the issue similar to Amadeus's problem) AND I am actively working on the mission, creating new errors, fixing other broken things. ect. 

Its definitely something I fear will pop back up in beta testing though :(

Edited by kingsal
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Ansome

Turns out my 15th anniversary mission idea has already been done once or twice before! I've been beaten to the punch once again, but I suppose that's to be expected when there's over 170 FMs out there, eh? I'm not complaining though, I love learning new tricks and taking inspiration from past FMs. Best of luck on your own fan missions!
      · 4 replies
    • The Black Arrow

I wanna play Doom 3, but fhDoom has much better features than dhewm3, yet fhDoom is old, outdated and probably not supported. Damn!
      Makes me think that TDM engine for Doom 3 itself would actually be perfect.
      · 6 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

Maybe a bit of advice ? In the FM series I'm preparing, the two main characters have the given names Toby and Agnes (it's the protagonist and deuteragonist, respectively), I've been toying with the idea of giving them family names as well, since many of the FM series have named protagonists who have surnames. Toby's from a family who were usually farriers, though he eventually wound up working as a cobbler (this serves as a daylight "front" for his night time thieving). Would it make sense if the man's popularly accepted family name was Farrier ? It's an existing, though less common English surname, and it directly refers to the profession practiced by his relatives. Your suggestions ?
      · 9 replies
    • nbohr1more

Looks like the "Reverse April Fools" releases were too well hidden. Darkfate still hasn't acknowledge all the new releases. Did you play any of the new April Fools missions?
      · 5 replies
    • The Black Arrow

Hope everyone has the blessing of undying motivation for "The Dark Mod 15th Anniversary Contest". Can't wait to see the many magnificent missions you all may have planned. Good luck, with an Ace!
      · 0 replies