Funny poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. "I am as stealthy as..."

• A lit torch
    • A Candle
    • A Hooded Figure
    • A Ghost
    • Stealthy can be

I have been watching these forums and decided to start a fun poll. How stealthy are you?

-Lord Vergider, The lit torch

Funny last words:

-Lets split up, we'll cover more ground...

-Hey yall watch this!

-The odds of that happening have to be a million to one!

-Why is the rest of the Star Trek landing party wearing a different color?

-Pull the pin and count to what?

-Which wire was I supposed to cut?

-What duck?

and finaly:

"Why yes, a bullet-proof vest!"

(Last request before the firing squad.)

Im a lit torch for sure. i couldnt beat theif 1 or 2 and didnt try much of theif 3 i just watch my dad hes decent. i did beat a T2 fan mission without being seen... there were no enemies. i beat doom 3 though... couldnt do it without god mode tho thats why i cant beat theif but its fun to try

Funny last words:

-Hey yall watch this!

-What duck?

and finaly:

Just wondering:

Is there a chance the results of this poll could have an effect on the outcome of the final product, or are you [the coders / programmers] making the game solely for your entertainment?

I know you take into account suggestions and ideas for gameplay options from followers of the mod, but will the difficulty (which is essentially the AI as far as you are concerned) of the mod be altered to appease the "main" audience?

SeaBass%20Hale.png

I just want to mention that at the moment I, the person who mae the poll, have nothing to do with the making of the mod. i just wanted to see how good other people are for fun.

Funny last words:

-Hey yall watch this!

-What duck?

and finaly:

Is there a chance the results of this poll could have an effect on the outcome of the final product, or are you [the coders / programmers] making the game solely for your entertainment?

No. And no.

This poll has already affected how the game will turn out. As it seems that most people voted for being sneaky as a lit torch, then to make it more realistic, you will be as bright as a lit torch and can thus feel at home in the game. This is of course for the better of all - you know how PR goes :P

I know you take into account suggestions and ideas for gameplay options from followers of the mod, but will the difficulty (which is essentially the AI as far as you are concerned) of the mod be altered to appease the "main" audience?

Our main audience is primarily the audience that is accustomed to Thief and fans thereof. So in that sense, yes, we try to appeas the "main" audience. It's just a matter of definition. If you define "main audience" in the sense that commercial companies would, then it's definitely a no.

Gerhard

I really dont know but I think all Thief games were easy enough (except the last mission in thief 2 in expert which the toughest one of all thief missions).

Also killing spoils the fun! P perfect example are two of the last missions in Thief 2! in one you must stay undetected at all and in the other (in the same area exactly) you can blackjack! well the first one is 4 -5 times more difficult and even if u dont know what you are doing it could take hours to complete it! Not considering the feeling of ever being seen that ROCKS!

I prefer to be stealthy in Thief games, and literally never knock anyone out if I don't need to. But that's not to say that it doesn't bother me if the game enables one to go around and black jack everyone; it's simply too rediculous. Of course, Thief was like this, and that's why I avoided knocking people out. It really depressed me to walk around a castle I had cleared out by black jacking every NPC for the first time. It entirely removed me from the game's "immersiveness," and the game never felt the same again (in other words, I realized how easy the AI were. Before that, I had just assumed they were hard, and thus I kept my distance whenever I could. It was a great feeling).

But it would really be something if I could play a Thief game where in it was truly a challenge to successfuly knock out even a single enemy, more of a feat to do it without revealing your presence, and literally near impossible to clear a whole mansion of heavily armored guards.

In the Darkmod, if the enemy has taken sight of you (as in clearly taken sight of and identified you as a Thief), do they remain in "alerted mode" or at least in "on the lookout mode" indefinitely until they've found you?

There are also some "elite" enemies which can't be knocked out by blackjacks. (Of course it's up to the mapper whether these are used at all.)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.