The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 1.7.0 available!

greebo

tumblr_luei74eM5Q1qzo4v6o1_250.gif

Sotha.... This is just an awesome hint! I never found out how to change the origins that easy! Wow would have saved me at least an hour yesterday, but I will remember this for the future. THANX! :) :) :)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

I have once rotated an entire map segment. The work afterwards was... painful.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Rotating an entire map segment by itself is one thing.

I once built a rotated area by rotating each brush and placing it individually.

*That* was a nightmare!

Remember people, build everything first and *then* select all & rotate it en masse.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

lol and I mourned about my tiny floors.. :laugh:

Edit: Reading those lines and hints brings me back wishing a "Editing Tip Of The Day" Window for DarkRadiant

Edited by SeriousToni

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Found that if you enter an angle (for e.g. a path_wait) which is 0 and reload the map, the angle parameter is gone and the ai won't turn to angle 0. I don't know if that has been adressed before - just wanted to let you guys know. If you enter an angle of at least 1, it works.

• 3 months later...

Could someone please direct me to the article where it is described how to setup your own FM directory while building for 1.08? I can't find it. For 1.07 I only made a new folder containing my map files and a shortcut for doom3.exe and darkradiant, but now for 1.08 it needs to be setup different.

And when I upgrate from Dark Radiant 1.7.0 to 1.7.2, is there a way that I can keep my custom settings like shortcut keys, etc.?

Edited by SeriousToni

Could someone please direct me to the article where it is described how to setup your own FM directory while building for 1.08? I can't find it. For 1.07 I only made a new folder containing my map files and a shortcut for doom3.exe and darkradiant, but now for 1.08 it needs to be setup different.

And when I upgrate from Dark Radiant 1.7.0 to 1.7.2, is there a way that I can keep my custom settings like shortcut keys, etc.?

Do you mean the shortcut setting for DR..? if so its as follows -

DR = "C:\Program Files\DarkRadiant\DarkRadiant.exe" fs_game_base=darkmod fs_game=darkmod/fms/<your mission>

TDM = E:\Doom\Darkmod\TheDarkMod.exe +set com_allowConsole 1 +set fs_currentfm <your mission>

And yes, you just uninstall your curent version of DR then install the new, your settings don't get touched. But just in case all you need to do is backup the DR settings folder -

DR settings file location = C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\DarkRadiant

Okay, I moved my FM folder from "Doom3" to "Doom3/darkmod/fms".

Then I changed the shortcut settings as you stated above, but now in DR i get a new empty map (couldn't load the old one automaticly) and in TDM when I click "start this mission" there comes the cosole down and says:

"Couldn't load map maps/"

:(

Here's the setup for my current WIP:

1 - My mission's maps are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Doom 3\steele\ws2_homeagainORG\maps\

2 - A shortcut to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Doom 3\darkmod\TheDarkMod.exe" includes these settings:

Target = "C:\Program Files (x86)\DOOM 3\darkmod\TheDarkMod.exe" +set fs_currentfm ws2_homeagainORG +set fs_devpath "C:\Program Files (x86)\DOOM 3\steele\ws2_homeagainORG"

Start in = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Doom 3\darkmod\"

3 - In DR, I have these settings in Edit->Preferences/Game:

Mod = darkmod

Mod base = steele/ws2_homeagainORG

There's no requirement that your mission live in darkmod/fms, though some people might prefer to work that way.

Tried it out - it works now for DR it seems, and also TDM, but now if I'm trying to start the mission via new mission, the screen gets black. If I use the map command in the console it works fine. Hm maybe it is because I don't have an intro / objectives set up.

Tried it out - it works now for DR it seems, and also TDM, but now if I'm trying to start the mission via new mission, the screen gets black. If I use the map command in the console it works fine. Hm maybe it is because I don't have an intro / objectives set up.

It's probable that to use the New Mission screen, your mission needs to be packaged and placed in darkmod/fms.

Mine is set up the way it is because I can't have my WIPs in the darkmod tree until it's time to test them using New Mission. Since I'm also doing development work, there are times when I switch back and forth between darkmod versions. This might include blowing away the current darkmod folder, and I came very close to accidently deleting my mission work one time, so I lobbied to have WIP missions live anywhere, which let me get them out of the darkmod folder.

• 2 months later...

I just installed the latest DarkRadiant Editor and it won't start for lack of a MSVCR300.dll file? Poo!

Nothing searching Microsoft.

I'm despretly wanting to 'have-a-go" at editing. Any suggestions any one? Google didn't help much.

http://darkradiant.sourceforge.net/download.php

Important

Starting with this release the Windows build is compiled using VC++ 2010, so be sure to install the VC++ 2010 redistributable package in order to run this release:

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Where is the thread where Orbweaver linked the latest bets version of DR..?

I ask because I am using 1.7.3 jan 2013 build and its not changing the texture scale when I click the natural button and Im wondering if its a build version issue. I was using DR last light on the desktop and that worked fine, albeit I cant remember what that versaion is.

In dark radiant homepages the newest 1.7.3 is from 02.02.2013. Wasn't everything fixed in that?

I managed to download 1.7.3 from 06.01.2013 and that seems to be ok.But after the ferry got cancelled Im stuck on another bloody train but going back home, so will check the DR download page then.

Where is the thread where Orbweaver linked the latest bets version of DR..?

I ask because I am using 1.7.3 jan 2013 build and its not changing the texture scale when I click the natural button and Im wondering if its a build version issue. I was using DR last light on the desktop and that worked fine, albeit I cant remember what that versaion is.

DR and it's shifting planes?!

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

In dark radiant homepages the newest 1.7.3 is from 02.02.2013. Wasn't everything fixed in that?

The one I've been using since January was built on Jan 6. The one you get from the DR sourceforge site was put up there in Feb, but it's got the same build timestamp on it: Jan 6.

So, AFAIK, Orbs hasn't released a version built after Jan 6.

I've had no problems lately with the "Natural" scaling. I'd reported that problem, but that was fixed in the Jan 6 build.