175 replies to this topic

#26 sparhawk

sparhawk

Repository Manager

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21776 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:09 PM

Very good. This mod is a magnet for talent :)

Indeed! I'm really impressed with how many talented people we managed to gather here and I wonder what treasures are still burried. :)

It's stuff like this, that really makes me happy that I didn't quit when I was less motivated for some time. :)
Gerhard

#27 Dram

Dram

Disco Inferno

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7463 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:35 PM

Beautiful, and for a first try that crazy! :)

#28 Gaetane

Gaetane

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 03:40 AM

I' m glad this screenshots please you :)
I was on holidays some days and I was able to quietly begun to learn Darkradiant.
Most hard was my fight with leaks ... arghhhhh! :wacko: , but now everything is well :)

#29 Huckeye

Huckeye

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:48 PM

I've got a LONG way to go, a LOT left to do, and ever MORE to learn, but here goes. I'm starting with a small, completely in door map. something I actually want to finish for a change.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Dram

Dram

Disco Inferno

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7463 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:50 PM

That's pretty sweet for a first map! Keep it up Huckeye :)

#31 bob_arctor

bob_arctor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:39 PM

Damnit, you've got some natural talent there! Or have you done TII/TG maps? Looks very Thief Gold to me. In a good way, I love that game.

OK, I've been working on stuff. Done my first spiral staircase, yay!

Posted Image, that's the buildings done so far. The factory isn't enterable (yet?).

#32 Vadrosaul

Vadrosaul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:05 PM

I'm getting excited from your work Huckeye :D
Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

#33 SneaksieDave

SneaksieDave

QA Lead

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10125 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:35 PM

Indeed. And that's one sweet looking factory too, bob.

(and using the 'true' version of that brick texture, I might add (mortar squeezed out instead of the inverted version)) :wub:

#34 PinkDot

PinkDot

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:03 PM

I like to see some snow.... :) In the future I'm going to make some snowy mission as well, so I'm glad I will have some example already :)

(BTW: the only thing - I wouldn't like to be the one who's duty is liting up those torches - too high for me...)

#35 thestemmer

thestemmer

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:56 PM

(BTW: the only thing - I wouldn't like to be the one who's duty is liting up those torches - too high for me...)

I'd assume that they'd have some kind of long stick with which to mount the torches. Maybe electric lights would be better, though.

#36 Huckeye

Huckeye

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:52 PM

Thanks for the comments. The textures are so good if you can create a square, the DarkMod artists have really taken care of the rest. I am starting to learn (hopefully) about the size of brushes. All of my rooms and door frames are too big so I'm stuck right now trying to improvise. I'm not very creative, so if it looks like Thief gold, I probably stole it from them or someone else who did it.... I hope they don't mind :D

#37 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20320 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:21 PM

well I'm gonna attempt to start on making small objects and and beta mapping and work from there.

#38 Dunedain

Dunedain

• PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:30 PM

Gaetane: I must say that, like the others, I am very impressed with the quality of the level you are working on! And this is just your first try at making a level, it's crazy to be that good right from the start! :) I can tell we are going to see some really professional looking levels from you in The Dark Mod. :)

I like the screenshots of the levels the others are working on, as well. We're in for some great looking Thief action with this mod. It's almost like watching Thief 4 being worked on by Looking Glass and seeing early screen shots come out occasionally, very exciting! :)

#39 Andrey

Andrey

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:28 AM

I' m glad this screenshots please you :)
I was on holidays some days and I was able to quietly begun to learn Darkradiant.
Most hard was my fight with leaks ... arghhhhh! :wacko: , but now everything is well :)

Gaetane: when date of the output The Black Frog?

Edited by Andrey, 24 November 2006 - 12:30 AM.

#40 Gaetane

Gaetane

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:27 AM

I give me a break about the Black frog for the moment.
But I don't abandon this project, I work on it from time to time but more slowly of course... because Dark mod takes many of my spare time ^_^

#41 Maximius

Maximius

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:37 PM

Hi everybody, I have a prototype of a project Im working on in LW8, its something I always thought was missing from the original games. I hope to have it finished by the holidays. Its a water dwelling mutation of an old friend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 ascottk

ascottk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1813 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:42 PM

Hi everybody, I have a prototype of a project Im working on in LW8, its something I always thought was missing from the original games. I hope to have it finished by the holidays. Its a water dwelling mutation of an old friend.

At first I had no idea what it was until I read your post a little closer. It's extremely nondescript but that might be fixed with proper textures.

#43 Maximius

Maximius

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:29 PM

At first I had no idea what it was until I read your post a little closer. It's extremely nondescript but that might be fixed with proper textures.

It would probably still be pretty non-descript with the texturing ;). Im still working on the mouth and eyes, and Im going to retexture the bottom half in a lighter shade to pull it out more. Im also trying to figure out if I can actually make the surface of the back knobby like an aligators and then texture it for max effect. To call it a work in progress is heavy understatement.

#44 angua

angua

Assistant Lead Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1003 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:33 PM

This is an upper part of our bonehoard level. I've been playing around with water this time (and a poor little zombie... :P ).

Posted Image Posted Image

#45 Crispy

Crispy

Uber member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4996 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:30 PM

Ooh, pretty.

Dark Mod water looks so good. :)
My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

#46 SneaksieDave

SneaksieDave

QA Lead

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10125 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:32 PM

Mmm, nice.

#47 sophisticatedZombie

sophisticatedZombie

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:18 PM

I've been very impressed with some of the beta-ish maps I've been using to test AI routines. The first time I heard the whole sound scheme (entrance sound, ambient background) come together on a well designed and textured map my jaw dropped.

And to echo what others have said, inside the mod we have been very busy.

#48 Maximius

Maximius

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 02:54 PM

Some new objects:

A light snack:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A houseplant:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 Komag

Komag

Uber member

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3279 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:43 PM

Looks great! My only beef is with the texture of that beef! (or whatever it is)
Posted Image Posted Image

#50 Maximius

Maximius

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 06:06 PM

Looks great! My only beef is with the texture of that beef! (or whatever it is)

:) Thanks man! Its, umm, BBQ! :rolleyes: Its actually a magma texture or something, I tried to do meat but it looked even worse. Stay tuned for another plant, I've got a little system down for them now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users