The Dark Mod Forums

Community Requests

Serpentine

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any one that is up for a "bit" of modeling? I need a old nag tongue.gif

eeehm like this:

oldnag.jpg

well what I do what is "just" a horse with some idel motions (e.g not just a statue) and maby 2-4 dif. skins blink.gif

Edited by Nielsen74

well what I do want is "just" a horse with some idle motions (e.g not just a statue) and maybe 2-4 dif. skins[/img]

Arcturus has a horse with (I think) everything set up and working. You could try asking him for a copy... but I really don't know how far along it is, I have a feeling you'd need to make the extra skins.

I would love some help by someone that can make textures!!!

what I need is a texture of piano strings but not just wire´s but all so the tuning pin´s in one end of the wire´s

wires.jpg

It could be just the first 4 strings, as the texture can just be repeated as many times as necessarly smile.gif

Edited by Nielsen74

I know in principle how to but it would take me several days and I'm rather overwhelmed at the moment. Put me down as last resort. Hopefully someone else will volunteer. Anyone already geared up for texturing could probably do this in an hour or two.

Meanwhile you can help perhaps by finding out what do these wires look like? Are they string? Shiny? Black? Can they be used for a harp? For a piano. There is much more value if the same texture can be used on other things. Can you find a good directly overhead image? In this case you only need a good section of one wire as it is easy to duplicate. But the width dimensions are needed in proportion to the spacing. I don't know how much detail is needed. Maybe they only need to be plain black wires.

Ditto for those tuning screws and the board behind. Probably one screw is enough but maybe if some are turned differently it is better to have a few. Ideally these screws will have their own backplate otherwise any instrument is limited to the texture of the backboard. Is that normal for these to have their own backboard?

It all needs researching so the texturer has something to work on.

I'd be happy to convert the strings and screws etc into a material (diffuse, bump, alpha), however it looks like I'm pretty busy for the next two days.

If no one else has the time outside of the team, please just bug me on Monday :)

I often zone out and play games between 5-7am...

During this period of time a majority of my bad (or sometimes excellent) discussions are often made.

I was playing Ultima 7, which I refuse to play with smoothed scaling (since it looks like I'm going blind).

Then I noticed how badass some of the weapons looked and decided THAT'S PERFECT!

After waking up and actually looking at it, I revised that stance to "oh god that's horrible", but haven't thought of something to change it to.

What? It's a perfect avatar. Isn't that even called a "Serpentine Sword" in the game? I say keep it.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Meanwhile you can help perhaps by finding out what do these wires look like? Are they string? Shiny? Black? Can they be used for a harp? For a piano. There is much more value if the same texture can be used on other things. Can you find a good directly overhead image? In this case you only need a good section of one wire as it is easy to duplicate. But the width dimensions are needed in proportion to the spacing. I don't know how much detail is needed. Maybe they only need to be plain black wires.

Ditto for those tuning screws and the board behind. Probably one screw is enough but maybe if some are turned differently it is better to have a few. Ideally these screws will have their own backplate otherwise any instrument is limited to the texture of the backboard. Is that normal for these to have their own backboard?

It all needs researching so the texturer has something to work on.

Well If the texture is made right it could be usede for Piano´s, Cembalo´s and Harp´s a like

The string it self looks just a shinening metal stick and as for the tuning pin´s!!! that´s exactly what they are metal stick´s, just metal pin´s set in a metal sokket in a board, I texturede them brass just to get some color in there and to make it look more fancy!

If you look at the cembalo in the screenshot in my post above you can see the bottom of the cembalo case between the strings, so the texture should contane a see through color in between the metal strings! and if the strings are set like the screenshot the texture should be versatile anof to use in alot of different places!

I just went through our sound assets and couldn't find a sound suitable for an alarm system.

I've no idea what a victorian-era-steam-powered-alarm-system would sound like, but thiefs 1 & 2 have alarm sounds which might be a good place to find inspiration. I don't have the skills for a sound effect creation feat, unfortunately.

At any rate, surely a sneaking game like this should have an alarm klaxon? I'd need one too for my mission. If some sound-creation-capable individual could create or point me to one, I'd me most appreciative and happy.

Thanks!

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Two warning sounds that come to mind that would fit the tech level are fog horns and steam whistles. Then there's the air raid siren or the submarine diving alarm, both of which are motor driving vibratory horns that could be hand-cranked or driven by steam as well. (Example: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Alarm_-_Diving_-_H8.ogg)

Thank you, gentlemen. The link by Tch does not work.

Now we have identified to type of the alarm noise. I suppose the submarine diving alarm is the most nice, but air raid will also be fine.

Submarine diving: http://www.policeint...m/sounds/k1.wav

The mechanical bell is a bit boring since everyone gets used to it in schools.

How should I proceed now? Can someone make a sound effect for me/TDM or should I just pluck a sound from the net? That probably leads to copyright problems with my mission and I don't want that. Is there any free sound effect repositories I could use without problems?

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.