The Dark Mod Forums

Readable Editor Doesn't Work

Winter

I can try to change the way the GUI renderer dispatches the draw calls for the text, but this takes a while. It would be nice to have some sort of GL debugger which tells me exactly what the problem is, I have no idea what I might be doing wrong.

That said, I'm soon going to get a new laptop with an ATI card, so with a bit of bad luck I'm going to experience this problem myself.

OMG don't say that lol, these issues can be sooooooooooooo annoying, especially if you are the only one having them.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, by using the Glintercept stuff from earlier in this thread I learnt that the OpenGL driver is crashing right after submission of the GUI text's vertices. As I don't know yet what I have done wrong here (I was following recommended examples when implementing that, as I'm by no means an OpenGL veteran) I can only try to change the rendertext to use regular vertex arrays instead of VBOs.

There is a tiny flaw: the editor won't let you type a space in the inv_name, eg, "log book". This can be easily entered in entity inspector though. Want me to add this to bugtracker?

Yes, please.

sure, I'm down. Let me know.

Here is another release build with OpenGL error handling switched on: http://www.dramthethief.com/darkmod/files/darkradiant/darkradiant-1.5.0pre7.exe

Please check it out. In case of OpenGL errors, a popup should be displayed right before crashing, with some info, hopefully.

Hm, then I'm a bit at a loss here. Maybe or probably I'm doing something wrong which lets the driver go nuts, but I can't really tell what that might be.

Perhaps I can whip up an isolated test program sometime, which narrows down the issue.

I appreciate the offer, but at this point there's nothing more I could do while being connecting to his machine, other than watching DarkRadiant crash myself. It's a thing happening in the drivers, and not even setting up a Visual Studio build environment is going to help here, as the driver sources are not available.

I'll look around for some fixes as I'm curious, but it's a huge time burner to find the root cause, for an issue which is worked around by now anyway.

oh yea, forgot to mention that tidbit. I've been on catalyst 9.11 for quite a while to fix some really annoying texture morphing issues in DR. 9.11 is the only driver set i found that actually fixed it for me. Anyway, since the readable issue got fixed i rolled back from 10.2 to 9.11 to re-fix this issue. I doubt that has anything to do with why the opengl error report/log window didn't pop up, though.