The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 1.5.0 pre-release sanity check

greebo

Sounds similar to what Bikerdude was reporting recently. I doubt I can spot that without a remote debugging session, which will require setting up some permission on your end, and a fresh compile to ensure that all the debug symbols on my local machine are matching the binaries on your remote system. We can do that maybe next weekend, either with you or Bikerdude?

Yes, I presume that means you network to my PC and take over DR. Remind me nearer the time what's involved.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds similar to what Bikerdude was reporting recently. I doubt I can spot that without a remote debugging session, which will require setting up some permission on your end, and a fresh compile to ensure that all the debug symbols on my local machine are matching the binaries on your remote system. We can do that maybe next weekend, either with you or Bikerdude?

yeah no probs greebs

same here.

Also i love some of the new addition, that intergrating the particale viewer was genious Greebs...!!!

Bugs -

DR x86 -

# tried going into the lighting mode and it ctd, but this may have been due to the size of the map and amount of memory useage.

DR x64

# the add property selection becomes randomley unselecteable, will keep an eye on this..

Edited by Bikerdude

Can you be more specific about the x64 issue?

As for the x86 crash, is this reproducible? Can you watch the memory usage in the system monitor to check whether it is approaching the 2 GB limit?

On of my layers will not longer show/hide using the check box at its side. The check box does not respond at all. I can still control it using show/hide 'all'. I'll try it again tomorrow but I'll probably have to upload the map. It's a big city area but it's always worked before and the manor/moor area is probably bigger and that works OK so I don't think it is just size.

There are other anomalies with layers apart from this and they existed before this version but I've not had time to pin them down exactly. One for instance I think is that changing the class of an entity the entity is created in the default layer even if the default is hidden. I also often find origins in the default while the primitives are in the visible layer. But that will have to be another time; I can never quite precisely define what is happening.

On of my layers will not longer show/hide using the check box at its side. The check box does not respond at all. I can still control it using show/hide 'all'. I'll try it again tomorrow but I'll probably have to upload the map. It's a big city area but it's always worked before and the manor/moor area is probably bigger and that works OK so I don't think it is just size.

Is it only that map or does it occur in every other map with layers? Is it reproducible, and if yes could you send me a snapshot of that .map/.darkradiant pair?

fidcal: did you check to make sure that your layer didn't include caulk on its surfaces, and that your caulk is not filtered? this has driven me insane a few times, and always makes me *facepalm* when i realize what I did.

No this problem is that the checkbox itself completely failed to work (either way - to hide or show.) I just tried this morning and it's working again but it definitely was not last night. I've never seen that before in a checkbox and funny that I could run up and down the other checkboxes and they all toggled normally but that one didn't respond. I'm guessing memory. Although I have 8GB I had been using Windows all day and had lots of other programs open including Doom3, I don't trust Windows memory management and this is a big layer. Having said that, it could still show/hide ALL.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it occurs again. If so I'll upload the map and .darkradiant files.

No this problem is that the checkbox itself completely failed to work (either way - to hide or show.) I'll keep an eye on it and see if it occurs again. If so I'll upload the map and .darkradiant files.

This sound the same as the add property selection becomes randomley unselecteable for me...

Another bug:

its happened twice now in X64..

Brush stayed selected, then when I closed DR is

came up with an erro -

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: DarkRadiant.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4cfe7900

Fault Module Name: DarkRadiant.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4cfe7900

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000000000032d97

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: bdbd

Additional Information 2:

bdbdb80d154ffa52525fa10b7a306f9d

Additional Information 3: fa69

Additional Information 4:

fa690cbfdef0647eb7c200f056bdb8e0

--------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Bikerdude

Another bug:

its happened twice now in X64..

Brush stayed selected, then when I closed DR is

What exactly do I have to do to reproduce that? I just left a brush selected when exiting and there's no crash (release x64 here).

DR x64

Also a weird thing has happened to me 2 occasions now and I cant understand how or why - the caulk box that has all the shop and other items inside keeps having one or more side deleted...

I've been getting this on a specific map, it seems that when I save the brushes are removed, usually quite specific ones. This has happened quite frequently and with a little luck if I can reproduce it again perhaps I can upload the map somewhere.

I suspected some rounding issue, but both are aligned to quite large grid points, so I don't think it's related as other brushes nearby seem fine and after replacing the brushes it doesn't lose them until the next session iirc.

Disappearing brushes sounds serious. Can I have that specific map where this is happening? I haven't been experiencing something like this myself so far, but if such a bug actually exists it needs to be fixed before 1.5.0 goes public.