The Dark Mod Forums

Need beta testers for Flakebridge Monastery

Jesps

I send you both a PM

Would I know it if I did? Lol. Is there any advantage of using it?

Makes reporting bugs easier than per PM, other users can confirm or try to reproduce

problems others encountered, the author can announce new test versions, known problems etc.

Very handy especially for larger missions !

A new mission? Splendid! Can't test (busy weekend + my own FM), but hope to play it soon. :D

Edited by Melan

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

People let me tell you having played what I think is only about 10-20% of this this is a smooth and beautiful mission. I keep taking screenshots and not just because I'm documenting for beta-testing it more because there is alot of beauty here. And as I said one of the most impressive things is how smooth things are too no hangups on architecture or with hard to frob loot in containers... and so far lots of story too which I love!

Debian (Linux) user here willing to beta test. I just got back from a trip and have some of that real-life crap to take care of tomorrow, but I should still have plenty of time this weekend!

Also, surprise missions like this are appreciated! I was hoping somebody would do that. :)

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

If Jesps would like to use my textures, I will be happy to supply them. In that case, it might be worthwhile to wait for 1.03, though (provided it is released soon and the textures in question are included - devs?).

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

If Jesps would like to use my textures, I will be happy to supply them. In that case, it might be worthwhile to wait for 1.03, though (provided it is released soon and the textures in question are included - devs?).

considering that info leaked from beta testers, can´t wait this... should we really wait for 1.03 to play this ?

please say no...

estimated release ?

Ummm, not all of your textures are in, at the moment I'm just finishing up recreating a pile of the normalmaps. I can give you a list of 'included' ones once the svn repo is online and I can get them in :) Some of the textures might have also changed slightly, but nothing hectic really.

(they still need to be merged to the release branch then tho, but it shouldn't be a problem)

If you're worried about it, feel free to include the textures you used with the map.

That list would be welcome (and Jesps could also use it). For textures that aren't included in 1.03, the normals I made should suffice - they may not have the advantage of custom-built ones, but they will do their job. Then, later down the line, a new version of the FM can be released where the temporary textures are wiped from the archive, decreasing the file size.

That list would be welcome etc

Sure, soon as the svn is up :)

Most of the normals were just a bit lacking in detail or had missing elements (i.e high light tiles and low dark tiles... didnt seem like a very nice surface to walk on), I loved the diffuse/idea of the textures and wanted to get them more use/the most out of them. While a few diffuse/textures were scaled/recolored/leveled off.

A few random screenshots of some of the changed ones(not that anyone else would really be able to notice):

melantex0.jpg

melantex2.jpg

melantex1.jpg

The paint one came out quite nicely I think, the damaged wall also looks nicer, the damaged wall one was quite heavily modified but I think it came out ok too. Tiles/brown walls were pains, but since they need to be a bit understated they might not look much in low quality screenshots :)

Oh, yeah, those look good. I suspect the paint must have been hard to do. And I was just wondering if this texture from an early TDM version was still available. :)