The Dark Mod Forums

Affect of flash bombs on ghouls

Oldjim

I seem to remember in Thief that a ghoul could be killed using a flash bomb or holy water.

It doesn't appear that a flash bomb has any effect on ghouls in TDM

Is this a general rule or something which can be set by the mapper

Alternatively - is my memory faulty as I was thinking about Flakebridge

I think the rationale went so that undead in TDM is not affected by light, because they have no physical eyes.

In Thief universe, the undead are supposedly creatures of darkness and night, and thus bright light hurts them.

I guess both point of views make sense in their own way.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

But only within line of sight. They're kinda weird like that.

Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K @ 3.4ghz stock clocks
8gb Kingston 1600mhz CL8 XMP RAM stock frequency
Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB FLeX GHz Edition @ stock @ 1920x1080

Just tried to use a flashbomb on a zombie & wishing it worked, but that's just me.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

• 2 weeks later...

On seeing the thread title I wondered whether ghouls were being reinstated. (The wiki still lists TDM ghouls as distinct from zombies: see my comment here.)

I do miss that option from the point of view of equipment versatility, though at least TDM's zombies can be permanently killed with the sword.

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• JackFarmer

Somehow I admire the fact that the material from Dune has now been filmed for the third time. Personally, I could never do much with the material, but as a child of the 80s, I of course know the David Lynch movie...and that movie was at least funny!
      · 2 replies
    • Baal

Episode 3 of the second best Doom 3 mod, Phobos,  was just released.
      · 5 replies
    • snatcher

TDM Modpack v4.2 released!
      · 1 reply
    • The Black Arrow

Hey @nbohr1morehow come the zombies in The Dark Mod don't have a "resurrection" mechanic to it, similar to how Thief has it?
      They're quite a weak creature as of right now, it's merely a walking corpse that slashes you, making attacking them to kill them an actual strategy.
      Would be better if they had some cool mechanism to it that truly makes them a danger, such as the resurrection idea itself.
      · 7 replies
    • Ansome

Query: when was the last time a zombie in a video game was unnerving or scary to you? I'm chipping away at my anniversary submission and I've been trying to gather opinions on the subject. I'm perfectly capable of lighting them well, changing their sfx, and creating effective ambience, but I'm worried that zombies at their core are just too overdone to be an effective payoff to the tension I'm creating.
      · 14 replies