The Dark Mod Forums

2016+ Games news

Bikerdude

I liked Doom 3 as well, but for different reasons. It was a bit more like arcadey System Shock 2 successor (well, at least until Dead Space arrived, and now Prey). Doom 2016 is more in the spirit of the original Doom. Yup, it gets repetitive after a while, but it's fast and encourages frantic, aggressive, close-quarters gameplay.

I would argue the opposite, they were both incredibly repetitive, Doom 3 was enter room, look for key, get scared by jump scare tactics, find key and rinse repeat.

Doom 2016 did the same thing pretty much but with a lot more flair and in your face violence.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks man!

Oh, those long gone days with my cousin playing Contra (Probotector) on my NES.....1992/1993 :/

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

The forest is the best i've seen in any game so far. The graphics aren't really the best of the best, but, as you say, they're realistic, and that makes up for it. It's good that it has been some time that development started anyway, so that it works well on my low end computer when it's being released. :) What i really like about it is that you can play it how you want. Frontal attack, or sneak in, or play it smart by taking advantage of the possibilities the game offers. I don't know if every mission really let's you play that way (i doubt it), but, i'm sure it'll be a lot of fun in most missions.

VR makes everything better:

• Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

• 2 months later...

Has anyone played 'Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter' or its predecessor?

No, but this one looks quite brilliant: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/sherlock-holmes-crimes-punishments Will definitely buy that if it is on sale on Steam.

I played this one years ago, and it was pretty bad: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/sherlock-holmes-the-silver-earring The newer ones look much better though.