The Dark Mod Forums

Free games

Carnage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The weekly Epic giveaway is Lawn Mowing Simulator. Yeah. Anyway, I scroll down to the requirements, and I see that the recommended CPUs are "AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (8 * 3200) or equivalent // Intel Core i7-6950X (10 * 3000) or equivalent". You can drive a massive riding mower through the word "equivalent", but why use a niche 10-core Broadwell-E CPU as your point of comparison? The game isn't going to use all of those cores... right? Maybe it's so you can stream lawn mowing to your Twitch subscribers.

Edited by jaxa

On 6/21/2022 at 6:55 PM, Zerg Rush said:

The link I put is from the new page, I think it will be the furure valid URL of the old site

https://isthereanydeal.com

Very usefull to find good deals and giveaways from all stores out there.

The coolest thing about that site is that you can also link your steam wishlist there and also add games not on steam to your "waitlist" (which is what they call the wishlist).

• Like 2

Republique (Steam)

Help a woman named Hope escape in a thrilling and topical stealth-action game that explores the perils of government surveillance in the Internet Age.

VgorjXL.jpg

Min

Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core
Memory: 2 GB de RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GT 640 or AMD Radeon HD 7550 w/ 1024 MB
DirectX: Version 11
HD: 7 GB free

• Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

On 8/3/2022 at 9:45 AM, Zerg Rush said:

Republique (Steam)

Help a woman named Hope escape in a thrilling and topical stealth-action game that explores the perils of government surveillance in the Internet Age.

VgorjXL.jpg

Min

Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core
Memory: 2 GB de RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GT 640 or AMD Radeon HD 7550 w/ 1024 MB
DirectX: Version 11
HD: 7 GB free

I liked the general idea of that game, but the controls were so horrible that I stopped playing eventually.

11 hours ago, STiFU said:

I liked the general idea of that game, but the controls were so horrible that I stopped playing eventually.

Yes, the handling isn't so good. The idea is good, but being able to move the character only indirectly adds too much difficulty to the game.
It is quite complicated to have to plan the route in advance through the cameras, which above do not show the guards in motion and only the path they are going to take. Pretty messy.
For the rest it is quite well done graphically, also regarding the plot. Well, after all, it's free and it doesn't hurt to try it out.

But there are better free games in Steam, like High Entropy Challenges (FPS, stealth) and Gravitas  (First person Puzzle, remember a little bit to Portal) both very recomendable and free. 

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

I thought Far Cry 1 was an excellent game - and it still is - and it was groundbreaking at the time.  Any negatives I can think of are far outweighed by the positives.  The central characters, Jack and Val, were funny as hell and I was instantly immersed.  The game continued getting better right to the end.

By the time Far Cry 5 came out I was pretty much done.  It felt like a by-the-numbers thing.

It's like after the original Far Cry the "franchise" took a wrong turn, away from what made the original game spark.

Unvanquished

t1zwafk.jpg

Unvanquished is a real-time strategy game played as a first-person shooter where evolving aliens and heavily armed humans fight for their survival.

Multiplatform, OpenSource

agGjNkg.jpg

Edited by Zerg Rush

It's been a long time since I played FC 3 and I remember little.  I did enjoy FC 3 but it seems to me that it added  an ugly crafting system and also little icons, which to me were distractions.  Nothing like the FC 1 binoculars, which were immersive.