Jump to content
The Dark Mod Forums

Missions with rain?


darksilence
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I played The Accountant 1: Thieves and Heirs recently, and I really enjoyed the rainy atmosphere. It's very well done and I found myself starting at the window in the middle of the mission many times, just enjoying the rain. If you love rain like I do, do yourself a favor and play this mission!

So, now, to my question: what are other missions where it rains throughout the entire mission? I tried a search but came up with nothing.

Thanks :)

  • Like 1

The Dark Mod Database: https://tdmdb.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Briarwood Cathedral.

  • Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, darksilence said:

Hi,

I played The Accountant 1: Thieves and Heirs recently, and I really enjoyed the rainy atmosphere. It's very well done and I found myself starting at the window in the middle of the mission many times, just enjoying the rain. If you love rain like I do, do yourself a favor and play this mission!

So, now, to my question: what are other missions where it rains throughout the entire mission? I tried a search but came up with nothing.

Thanks :)

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the mission, I have another mission coming out sometime this year called Shadows of Northdale Act 3 and it's a gigantic rainy city mission with some twists and turns. I've been working hard to make it feel even more atmospheric so if you enjoyed the rainy vibe of AC1 then hopefully my new mission will help to appeal to that too.

 

But in terms of whats available now, here's a list of some of the rainy TDM missions that come to mind, apart from what's already been mentioned of course:

 

Awaiting The Storm

 

Thief's Den 1

 

Thomas Porter 4: The Transaction

 

In A Time of Need 2: Breaking out the Fence

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, darksilence said:

Hi,

I played The Accountant 1: Thieves and Heirs recently, and I really enjoyed the rainy atmosphere. It's very well done and I found myself starting at the window in the middle of the mission many times, just enjoying the rain. If you love rain like I do, do yourself a favor and play this mission!

So, now, to my question: what are other missions where it rains throughout the entire mission? I tried a search but came up with nothing.

Thanks :)

My horror mission Langhorne Lodge has rain throughout the mission, though it doesn't have the fancy window effect you saw in Thieves and Heirs I think you will find that the atmospheric sound is still quite nice when you are close to the windows. The creepy ambient helps to build it further imo, give it a shot :)

  • Like 1

My Fan Missions:

   Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Goldwell said:

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the mission, I have another mission coming out sometime this year called Shadows of Northdale Act 3 and it's a gigantic rainy city mission with some twists and turns. I've been working hard to make it feel even more atmospheric so if you enjoyed the rainy vibe of AC1 then hopefully my new mission will help to appeal to that too.

 

But in terms of whats available now, here's a list of some of the rainy TDM missions that come to mind, apart from what's already been mentioned of course:

 

Awaiting The Storm

 

Thief's Den 1

 

Thomas Porter 4: The Transaction

 

In A Time of Need 2: Breaking out the Fence

Thank you for the great work you put in the atmosphere of your missions! Looking forward to Shadows of Northdale Act 3 :)

I will also check out those you listed; after I finish my second playthrough of AC1 of course :D

  • Like 1

The Dark Mod Database: https://tdmdb.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Bienie said:

My horror mission Langhorne Lodge has rain throughout the mission, though it doesn't have the fancy window effect you saw in Thieves and Heirs I think you will find that the atmospheric sound is still quite nice when you are close to the windows. The creepy ambient helps to build it further imo, give it a shot :)

I'm scared just by looking at the pictures :P I will definitely play it soon! Thanks!

The Dark Mod Database: https://tdmdb.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, lowenz said:

Good old fashioned storm in Siege Shop too!

 

That was fun setting up. Not difficult, just some tinkering to get the rain the proper height. This years big update of siegeshop added rain splash to the crates and benches on the roof.

I'm planning one more update after TDM 2.08 is released, mostly to expand the mission start area. That area will be outdoors, before the cave, so it will have rain there as well.

  • Like 4

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recent Status Updates

    • freyk

      Some years earlier i created some launchers for TDM. uploaded today some new sourcecode and executables on my github repo.
       
      · 0 replies
    • Epifire

      Say, I know it's been a while since the site got overhauled from the crash. But did we ever figure out if/how to get the recent topics & replies list back? It's not a total deal breaker but it was nice for becoming a thread creeper again...


      · 2 replies
    • Epifire

      Some of you who've been on the TDM discord know I was out of work last Winter, just putting in hrs for the developer portfolio. Currently I've been working a seasonal job to pay the bills and now I'm finally in my last week before I get bumped off. Things will be tight but I'm planning a long off period to make as much content as I can. Big plans in Unreal Engine as well as my most ambitious TDM collab yet! Never been so excited to be a stuck at home to pursue my life's work. With a lotta time and maybe some luck, I'm hoping to get enough art work done that I may start applying around to studios.
      · 4 replies
    • STiFU

      I finally got around to play Prey and I truly loved it. It is an incredible homage to System Shock and Deus Ex. While the gameplay is not en par with those two titles, the game makes up for that with its well written lore and story. The whole "world" just feells so authentic and it features a ton of really god environmental story-telling. Recommended for every immersive sim fan, i.e., everyone on this forum.
      · 2 replies
    • jaxa

      Alder Lake has arrived:
      https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/18055-2016-cpugpu-news/page/15/&tab=comments#comment-466190
       
      · 0 replies
×
×
  • Create New...