The Dark Mod Forums

Missions with rain?

darksilence

Hi,

I played The Accountant 1: Thieves and Heirs recently, and I really enjoyed the rainy atmosphere. It's very well done and I found myself starting at the window in the middle of the mission many times, just enjoying the rain. If you love rain like I do, do yourself a favor and play this mission!

So, now, to my question: what are other missions where it rains throughout the entire mission? I tried a search but came up with nothing.

• Like 1

The Dark Mod Database: https://tdmdb.com

Briarwood Cathedral.

• Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

2 hours ago, darksilence said:

Hi,

I played The Accountant 1: Thieves and Heirs recently, and I really enjoyed the rainy atmosphere. It's very well done and I found myself starting at the window in the middle of the mission many times, just enjoying the rain. If you love rain like I do, do yourself a favor and play this mission!

So, now, to my question: what are other missions where it rains throughout the entire mission? I tried a search but came up with nothing.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the mission, I have another mission coming out sometime this year called Shadows of Northdale Act 3 and it's a gigantic rainy city mission with some twists and turns. I've been working hard to make it feel even more atmospheric so if you enjoyed the rainy vibe of AC1 then hopefully my new mission will help to appeal to that too.

But in terms of whats available now, here's a list of some of the rainy TDM missions that come to mind, apart from what's already been mentioned of course:

Awaiting The Storm

Thief's Den 1

Thomas Porter 4: The Transaction

In A Time of Need 2: Breaking out the Fence

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darksilence said:

Hi,

My horror mission Langhorne Lodge has rain throughout the mission, though it doesn't have the fancy window effect you saw in Thieves and Heirs I think you will find that the atmospheric sound is still quite nice when you are close to the windows. The creepy ambient helps to build it further imo, give it a shot :)

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

39 minutes ago, Goldwell said:

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the mission, I have another mission coming out sometime this year called Shadows of Northdale Act 3 and it's a gigantic rainy city mission with some twists and turns. I've been working hard to make it feel even more atmospheric so if you enjoyed the rainy vibe of AC1 then hopefully my new mission will help to appeal to that too.

But in terms of whats available now, here's a list of some of the rainy TDM missions that come to mind, apart from what's already been mentioned of course:

Awaiting The Storm

Thief's Den 1

Thomas Porter 4: The Transaction

In A Time of Need 2: Breaking out the Fence

Thank you for the great work you put in the atmosphere of your missions! Looking forward to Shadows of Northdale Act 3 :)

I will also check out those you listed; after I finish my second playthrough of AC1 of course :D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bienie said:

My horror mission Langhorne Lodge has rain throughout the mission, though it doesn't have the fancy window effect you saw in Thieves and Heirs I think you will find that the atmospheric sound is still quite nice when you are close to the windows. The creepy ambient helps to build it further imo, give it a shot :)

I'm scared just by looking at the pictures :P I will definitely play it soon! Thanks!

10 hours ago, lowenz said:

Good old fashioned storm in Siege Shop too!

That was fun setting up. Not difficult, just some tinkering to get the rain the proper height. This years big update of siegeshop added rain splash to the crates and benches on the roof.

I'm planning one more update after TDM 2.08 is released, mostly to expand the mission start area. That area will be outdoors, before the cave, so it will have rain there as well.

• Like 4

System: Mageia Linux Cauldron, aka Mageia 8