Jump to content
The Dark Mod Forums

REMOVE a purse from an AI prefab?


Something Hank

Recommended Posts

Set the spawnarg "def_attach6", that defaults to ""atdm:prop_lootbag" with "-".

Read up on the wiki on how to attach items to ai (definition attachment is covered there)!

  • Thanks 1

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Something Hank said:

That's done it, thank you. Took me a second to even figure out where to start when you said "spawnarg". So is spawnarg a universal term for the properties you slap (or come default) onto entities and such? Been using those plentyish.

"spawnarg" is just spawn argument, is a variable you write inside a object definition (the .def files) that gets used at spawn time, to do many things, they are both accessible by the script language and c++. Hope this clears some things.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HMart said:

"spawnarg" is just spawn argument, is a variable you write inside a object definition (the .def files) that gets used at spawn time, to do many things, they are both accessible by the script language and c++. Hope this clears some things.

 

Next to no sense to me, but I'll make sense of it in due time. I am currenlty FUMBLING, my guy.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Something Hank said:

Next to no sense to me, but I'll make sense of it in due time. I am currenlty FUMBLING, my guy.

Another definition is that a spawnarg is a property you set on an entity like a lamp, an AI or a crate: how much health it has, what sounds it makes, whether it casts shadows (not all entities support all spawnargs). The easiest way is to set it directly on an entity in DarkRadiant. They can also be set in .def files, which is useful if you want to create a new type of entity instead of tweaking existing ones.

Anyway, you should definitely follow a video tutorial:

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dragofer said:

Another definition is that a spawnarg is a property you set on an entity like a lamp, an AI or a crate: how much health it has, what sounds it makes, whether it casts shadows (not all entities support all spawnargs). The easiest way is to set it directly on an entity in DarkRadiant. They can also be set in .def files, which is useful if you want to create a new type of entity instead of tweaking existing ones.

Anyway, you should definitely follow a video tutorial:

 

Ayy, I just got through that tutorial series yesterday actually. One of the better tutorials I've come across.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Ansome

      Taking a break to alleviate burnout. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have jumped into a map-making contest so quickly after just finishing another project and especially with my busy schedule, but I do believe I have something that the community will enjoy. No clue if I'll be able to finish it on time for the competition if I factor in a break, but I'd rather take my time and deliver something of quality rather than engage in development crunch or lose part of the map's soul to burnout.
      · 0 replies
    • Skaruts

      Working on an update for my mission By The Cookbook. If anyone that played it has any further bugs to report, please let me know.
      I posted more details about the update in the mission thread.
      · 1 reply
    • lucien

      being thankful for tdm is a good feeling
      · 0 replies
    • The Black Arrow

      Happy birthday to me!
      Yes, today's my birthday and as much as I want to play The Dark Mod, I won't until it's late Autumn, where it should be a bit chilly in my place and there's some wind too.
      For now, it's time to enjoy my birthday, if any of you want to play a great fan mission in my honour...Well that's asking too much, just play the mission because it's fun, not because of me, enjoy it yourself! 💪
      · 5 replies
    • nbohr1more

      New texture wiki article created: https://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Creating_textures_from_Ornate_Photos
      · 11 replies
×
×
  • Create New...