The Dark Mod Forums

Today, my band opened for Aerosmith!

New Horizon

It happened! We did it. Sadly, our set got butchered down to only 3 songs since they were late getting the stage setup...but this was actually better since there were more people by that point. Probably around 7000. It was an all day concert, with quite a few other acts, but we opened it and got it going. Quite the experience. :) I got to watch Aerosmith from behind the stage, and it was wild. What a day guys, what a day.

Congratulations NH!

You have joined the ranks of a privileged few to open for somebody that big ...

I couldn't be happier for you!

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Congrats, NH B) How was the rest of the concert? The Aerosmith guys are getting pretty old by now ^_^

The concert was great, they had a pretty good line up before Aerosmith. Cheap Trick was on right before Aerosmith and they were awesome...a bit older than the Aero boys I believe. Aerosmith totally rocked the placed to pieces. I'm not a dedicated fan of theirs...but their live show is one of the best I've seen. They're extremely 'disconnected' however. They closed themselves off from every other band that played, and once they were finished...they were quickly taken away in individual cars. No chance to meet them, no photo op...NOTHING!!! A HUGE disappointment, I expected much more from a band of their standing.

They played for around 1 hour and 45 minutes...not bad, but when I went to see Elton in 2005...he played for 3 hours straight, with no opening act. He then made his way from stage left to stage right and signed every article that was held out for him to sign. He accepted flowers, shook hands...you name it. The guy was completely connected to the crowd. He then went on to do two encores. Aerosmith is a fun product, but for me...Elton was an artist, master performer and a very thankful gentleman.

Video of the gig. We didn't get a proper sound check since the show was over an hour behind schedule. We were told to plugin...and play. There are a few little glitches that got ironed out by the second song. You tend to hear your own voice bouncing back at you from the echo, but it didn't throw me off too much. :)

Enjoy

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=4730670607440459623

Yeah, I'm sure they are busy and probably have a pretty hectic lifestyle. Still would've been cool for them to say "thanks for the set" or something, even just a quick nod ya know. You gotta think when they started out they were probably excited to play with big timers they looked up to, so you'd think they'd want to spread the love eh?

Anyway, Congrats NH. That's major, really. Anytime you tell anyone about that they will be impressed. Aerosmith is big time.

Now to watch the vid :D

hmmm, had to Dl google player to dl the vid. Not sure if this is saved to HD or not. Guess I'll post my result, first time I dun this.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy shit. I really didn't think you guys had a shot. Congratulations! But I can't believe you couldn't meet them, that sounds ridiculous.

Edited by Ombrenuit

Holy shit. I really didn't think you guys had a shot. Congratulations! But I can't believe you couldn't meet them, that sounds ridiculous.

Thanks. Yeah, there was definitely a 'wall' of distinction between those who have and those who have not when it came to Aerosmith. I found it to be extremely disrespectful towards the other bands who spent the day warming up the crowd for them. Aside from that little bump, we had a blast. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I finally checked this out, left it as one of the 10 unread emails in my inbox that I would get around to when I finally had time.

That's some awesome music, and great singing. Too bad about the water on the lens part way through. I checked on iTunes for your stuff, there is a band called Intoxicados but that's not you I'm sure.