The Dark Mod Forums

Newbie DarkRadiant Questions

demagogue

Hey. I'm trying to define a custom weapon, starting from a copy of the default broadhead arrow and bow. So far I defined my ammo arrow successfully and placed it on the map. However when I try to pick it up, the object acts like a movable and instead prints the following error:

WARNING: Couldn't add entity atdmu_ammo_arrow_simple_1 to inventory of player1.

Here are the two relevant entries in my def file. The second one (atdmu:ammo_arrow_simple) seems to work fine, the problem is with the first (atdmu:weapon_arrow_simple). If I change "inv_weapon_name arrow_simple" to "inv_weapon_name broadhead" it works, meaning that TDM is taking issue with my weapon definition.

entityDef atdmu:weapon_arrow_simple
{
	"inherit"						"atdmu:weapon_arrow"
	"model_view"					"viewmodel_arrow"

"editor_usage"					"Simple Arrow Weapon"

"def_projectile"				"atdmu:projectile_arrow_simple"
	"def_ammo"						"atdmu:ammo_arrow_simple"
	"def_attach"					"atdmu:attachment_arrow_simple"

"inv_name"						"Simple Bow" // Broadhead Arrow
	"inv_icon"						"guis/assets/hud/weapon_icons/broadhead_icon"
	"inv_weapon_name"				"arrow_simple" // Corresponding ammo
}

entityDef atdmu:ammo_arrow_simple
{
	"inherit"						"atdm:ammo_arrow"

"editor_usage"					"Simple Arrow Ammunition"
	"editor_displayFolder"			"Weapons/Arrows"

"model"							"models/darkmod/weapons/broadhead.lwo"

"inv_name"						"Simple Arrow" // Broadhead - Display name
	"inv_weapon_name"				"arrow_simple" // Corresponding weapon
	"inv_ammo_amount"				"1" // Amount of ammo received upon pickup

"clipmodel_contents"			"1056" // MOVEABLE_CLIP|CORPSE
	"removeWithMaster"				"0"
}

In the def file tdm_player_thief.def you find the definition for atdm:player_base, which is as the name already implies the base class used for the player entity. In this definition, you'll find the following lines:

// Player weapons (the integer index is important)
    "def_weapon0"                   "atdm:weapon_unarmed"
    "def_weapon1"                   "atdm:weapon_blackjack"
    "def_weapon2"                   "atdm:weapon_shortsword"
    "def_weapon3"                   "atdm:weapon_broadhead"
    "def_weapon4"                   "atdm:weapon_waterarrow"
    "def_weapon5"                   "atdm:weapon_firearrow"
    "def_weapon6"                   "atdm:weapon_ropearrow"
    "def_weapon7"                   "atdm:weapon_gasarrow"
    "def_weapon8"                   "atdm:weapon_noisemaker"
    "def_weapon9"                   "atdm:weapon_mossarrow" // grayman #2787
    "def_weapon10"                  "atdm:weapon_vinearrow" // grayman #2787

You have to add your custom weapon here or replace an existing one. I don't know whether there is a limit on how many weapons can be specified, but I think the weapons accessible via keyboard shortcuts are limited and you don't use all of them anyways, probably. So replacing is most likely the better option.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

In the def file tdm_player_thief.def you find the definition for atdm:player_base, which is as the name already implies the base class used for the player entity. In this definition, you'll find the following lines:

// Player weapons (the integer index is important)
    "def_weapon0"                   "atdm:weapon_unarmed"
    "def_weapon1"                   "atdm:weapon_blackjack"
    "def_weapon2"                   "atdm:weapon_shortsword"
    "def_weapon3"                   "atdm:weapon_broadhead"
    "def_weapon4"                   "atdm:weapon_waterarrow"
    "def_weapon5"                   "atdm:weapon_firearrow"
    "def_weapon6"                   "atdm:weapon_ropearrow"
    "def_weapon7"                   "atdm:weapon_gasarrow"
    "def_weapon8"                   "atdm:weapon_noisemaker"
    "def_weapon9"                   "atdm:weapon_mossarrow" // grayman #2787
    "def_weapon10"                  "atdm:weapon_vinearrow" // grayman #2787

You have to add your custom weapon here or replace an existing one. I don't know whether there is a limit on how many weapons can be specified, but I think the weapons accessible via keyboard shortcuts are limited and you don't use all of them anyways, probably. So replacing is most likely the better option.

Got it... I wasn't aware of this initially. So if I define a custom weapon for "atdm:weapon_blackjack", and the player picks up both my weapon and the original blackjack, can they still have both and will pressing the same keybind (key 1) switch between the two?

If not this might be more complicated and problematic. I'd need to have the map itself specify the replacement at worst, so the original definitions aren't broken across all of TDM while my pk4 is installed.

If not this might be more complicated and problematic. I'd need to have the map itself specify the replacement at worst, so the original definitions aren't broken across all of TDM while my pk4 is installed.

This should be no problem. You can create a def folder in you map's pk4 and create a new tdm_player_thief.def there. When the FM is installed the definitions of the def file in the pk4 will be used.

Yeah, you can replace all files in your fm (except the exe and dll's). They will be used only when your fm is installed.

can they still have both and will pressing the same keybind (key 1) switch between the two?

If you need the player to have a blackjack you shouldn't replace it. Replace a dweapon you don't use in your fm or add a new one

"def_weapon11"    "nameOfYourWeaponEntity"

If you do the latter the weapon will probably not be accessible via a keyboard shortcut, but should be available via next/previous weapon.

Yeah, you can replace all files in your fm (except the exe and dll's). They will be used only when your fm is installed.

If you need the player to have a blackjack you shouldn't replace it. Replace a dweapon you don't use in your fm or add a new one

"def_weapon11"    "nameOfYourWeaponEntity"

If you do the latter the weapon will probably not be accessible via a keyboard shortcut, but should be available via next/previous weapon.

The biggest problem is that from what I remember, idTech4 has a hardcoded limit of 16 weapons. If this is correct I can only add 6 more weapons after the defaults, which really wouldn't work for what I'm trying to do.

Keybinds are also an issue there, granted they can't be assigned independently from the looks of it. Also order... if I define an alternative to the blackjack, it would appear after the arrows which makes no sense!

I wonder if it's possible to define my own tdm_player_something.def, and replace tdm_player_thief from tdm_player_thief.def with it. However only do this replacement if the FM chooses to do so, for instance if an entity is placed on the map. Would this be possible, and can I define a custom player_start that puts my redefinition of tdm_player_thief into effect if it's on the map?

• The biggest problem is that from what I remember, idTech4 has a hardcoded limit of 16 weapons. If this is correct I can only add 6 more weapons after the defaults, which really wouldn't work for what I'm trying to do.
  • Keybinds are also an issue there, granted they can't be assigned independently from the looks of it. Also order... if I define an alternative to the blackjack, it would appear after the arrows which makes no sense!
  • I wonder if it's possible to define my own tdm_player_something.def, and replace tdm_player_thief from tdm_player_thief.def with it. However only do this replacement if the FM chooses to do so, for instance if an entity is placed on the map. Would this be possible, and can I define a custom player_start that puts my redefinition of tdm_player_thief into effect if it's on the map?
  • You could bundle similar weapons together. For the arrows for example the block key is unused. So you could use the weapon shortcut for the player to select his bow and the last used arrow type, and use the block key to either toggle through the arrow types or let it open a gui that allows selecting the arrow type to use.
  • If you want to change the order of the weapons change the numbers in the def.
  • Derive your custom player definition from the above mentioned one and make the changes you need. You can specify the definition to be used for the player via the "player_spawnclass" spawnarg on worldspawn.

If it is for the new SciFi mod, you probably want to replace most of the arrow types with your custom weapons. You could have a pistol, a taser, a shotgun, an SMG, a rocket launcher, a laser gun, a sniper rifle and a dart sniper rifle and a grappling hook without exceeding the limit. That are nine different ranged weapons. You could still keep the sword (maybe a vibro katana), the blackjack (maybe an e-shocker), the broadhead (as it is still less noisy than a silenced pistol). That would be twelve weapons in total. So still four to go. You could support different ammo types (regular, non-lethal, piercing, incindiary, explosive) and modes of operation (single, multi, continuous) with additional hotkeys and visualize that by extra GUI elements next to the selected weapon indicator. And can still have an unlimited number of different mines, hacking devices, grenades and field deployable turrets on top - as that do not count as "weapons".

If it is for the new SciFi mod, you probably want to replace most of the arrow types with your custom weapons. You could have a pistol, a taser, a shotgun, an SMG, a rocket launcher, a laser gun, a sniper rifle and a dart sniper rifle and a grappling hook without exceeding the limit. That are nine different ranged weapons. You could still keep the sword (maybe a vibro katana), the blackjack (maybe an e-shocker), the broadhead (as it is still less noisy than a silenced pistol). That would be twelve weapons in total. So still four to go. You could support different ammo types (regular, non-lethal, piercing, incindiary, explosive) and modes of operation (single, multi, continuous) with additional hotkeys and visualize that by extra GUI elements next to the selected weapon indicator. And can still have an unlimited number of different mines, hacking devices, grenades and field deployable turrets on top - as that do not count as "weapons".

It is. To be fair however, I'm thinking of just modernizing the bow to make it more like a crossbow, rather than adding the classic weapons (pistol, shotgun, minigun, sniper, rocketlauncher, etc). While from a perspective of realism this makes less sense, it feels better from a perspective of gameplay; Single player games don't make you use weapons too often since unlike arena deathmatch you fight very rarely, whereas arrows the way TDM / Thief use them have multiple uses other than "those exist to kill people". I'll probably only add mainstream weapons decoratively, and find some excuse in the default story as to why everyone uses compound bows in the future :)

The problem is that I don't want merely installing my mod to override the default weapons and player class of TDM, making all existing missions look modern and pretty much breaking them. I only want the items + player appearance + menu + HUD to change when the mission indicates it's intended for the mod, which should be done with a parameter somehow. Currently I have no idea how to do this, as the mod itself is not a FM and meant to be permanently installed as a series of pk4 files placed next to the original ones. I'd like the presence of a map entity or spawnarg or text file to control the def file replacement, like what Obsttorte although I don't know how to make my def file behave differently based on the presence of an argument in worldspawn.

Edited by MirceaKitsune

rather than adding the classic weapons (pistol, shotgun, minigun, sniper, rocketlauncher, etc). While from a perspective of realism this makes less sense,

Made my day. :D

In regards to the second paragraph, I was talking about the typical fm setup when it comes to replacing defs etc.. You can have an additional set of files serving as a foundation for mods based on them if they are placed in the darkmod folder, but you would have to make sure they don't share the same names like the stock ones (even if packed up in a pk4). Using the same naming and switch between identically named files placed in different pk4's is not supported by the engine, which means you would have to add code to support that.

You could make the player character have some sort of "superhero" code in the way he wont use firearms (like batman) and has mastered the use of the bow (like the green arrow). This could be a way to portray him as someone who despite his surroundings, basicly uses the same tool set as the thief guy. You could also conceive of a much more advanced steampunk scenario, where its a high tech future but for cultural reasons people still prefer to wield some medieval inspired weapons, like the lords still carry cerimonial swords, and the police still use them instead of clubs, etc. If you plan this right, you could have a very limited array of modern weapons to deal with, basicly what you want the guards to be carrying, they could be limited to the type of mechanics doom3 had, and cut back on the amount of new animations you would need, as well as new art.

It does feel a bit odd to load up TDM, with its antique look and menu design, to play futuristic missions. I think that would be okay for your proof of concept, but if you plan on having a few more missions based on your future setting, you would probably benefit greatly from "forking" a TDM with your own custom menus, help page, loading screens and the like.

Edited by RPGista

What's the point of your mod btw if the only difference is the setting?

• Like 1

Made my day. :D

In regards to the second paragraph, I was talking about the typical fm setup when it comes to replacing defs etc.. You can have an additional set of files serving as a foundation for mods based on them if they are placed in the darkmod folder, but you would have to make sure they don't share the same names like the stock ones (even if packed up in a pk4). Using the same naming and switch between identically named files placed in different pk4's is not supported by the engine, which means you would have to add code to support that.

Was referring to most games choosing somewhat conventional weapons, rather than going with just one unusual arm... I can see your point though :P

I tried setting "player_spawnclass atdmu:player_agent" in the map's worldspawn, where atdmu:player_agent is a redefinition of atdm:player_thief. I also tried renaming my atdmu:player_agent to atdm:player_thief directly afterward. However neither of those two approaches work, and TDM seems to ignore my redefinition of the player class entirely.

What's the point of your mod btw if the only difference is the setting?

It's not the only difference... at least not in the long run: The immediate goal is to modernize everything TDM offers, so that identical missions but with futuristic items can be created... once that's solid enough, there are plans to add many new gameplay elements (augmentations, weapon upgrades, interactive screens with keypads, etc). See this thread and this thread for screenshots and discussion.

Well, i guess, it would be best to implement an FM manager in your mod. Then one would select your mod as an FM in TDM and then select the actual FM using your mod's FM manager. That way, users would still only need one base TDM installation. Also, cyberpunk FMs will probably be distributed over a different channel than standard TDM missions anyway. You might want to provide download-and-install functionality using that channel in your mod's FM manager.

I wonder, if it would be possible to nest mods indefinitely by using that method...

Aren't the pk4s loaded in alphabetical order? If MK uses a pk4 that is loaded last (by using a name like zzz.pk4), he could put definitions with the same names as in the base mod into his pk4 and this would replace the base assets only if the pk4 is present. I am,however, not sure if this is only true for TDM or also true for DM...

If the pk4 is inside an fms folder, it will be loaded last anyways, no matter the naming. And if you want to change things and need them to be in the root folder, it makes more sense to create new ones instead of replacing the old defs.

I tried setting "player_spawnclass atdmu:player_agent" in the map's worldspawn, where atdmu:player_agent is a redefinition of atdm:player_thief. I also tried renaming my atdmu:player_agent to atdm:player_thief directly afterward. However neither of those two approaches work, and TDM seems to ignore my redefinition of the player class entirely.

condump?!

condump?!

Sorry for forgetting that, pasted below. I suspected that alphabetical pk4 loading order might be a cause, however I'm inclined to doubt it as the default TDM pk4's start with "tdm_" whereas mine start with "tdmu_" which my file browser lists after in alphabetical sorting mode.

Anyway I assume that in a worst case scenario, I can define a def that replaces TDM classes with my classes that FM's for my mod will have to include. However that's a messy solution, so I'm hoping it won't be necessary and I can use a custom player entity or worldspawn argument as indication for this... sadly "player_spawnclass my_class" didn't work yet and I'd like to know why.

clusion_query2 GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_sync GL_A
RB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ATI_blend_equation_s
eparate GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_read_format GL_ARB_color_buffer_f
loat GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_
float GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_EXT_packed_flo
at GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_co
mpression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_text
ure_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_frameb
uffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_ARB_ve
rtex_array_object GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_EXT_dra
w_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_texture_a
rray GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_sRGB
_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_OES_EGL_image GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_ARB_c
opy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_half_float_ve
rtex GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_t
exture_swizzle GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_vertex_ar
ray_bgra GL_NV_conditional_render GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_draw_buffers
_blend GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_
ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_draw_bu
ffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL
_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_sample_shading G
L_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export GL_
ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_A
RB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_AR
B_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ATI_meminfo GL_EXT
_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba GL_NV_textur
e_barrier GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_separate_shader_ob
jects GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_precision GL_ARB_texture_compres
sion_bptc GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedba
ck3 GL_NV_vdpau_interop GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_comp
ression_dxt5 GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_AR
B_conservative_depth GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL
_ARB_shader_atomic_counters GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store GL_ARB_shading_langu
age_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_trans
form_feedback_instanced GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_trans
form_feedback GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_arra
ys_of_arrays GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_compute_shader GL_ARB_copy_image
 GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments GL_ARB_inva
lidate_subdata GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behav
ior GL_ARB_shader_image_size GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_ARB_stencil
_texturing GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_AR
B_texture_view GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_robustness GL_A
MD_pinned_memory GL_ARB_bindless_texture GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_clear_tex
ture GL_ARB_compute_variable_group_size GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_mul
ti_bind GL_ARB_query_buffer_object GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_s
hader_group_vote GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL
_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_NVX_gpu_memory_in
fo GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_cull_distance
GL_ARB_derivative_control GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_pipeline_statisti
cs_query GL_ARB_shader_texture_image_samples GL_ARB_texture_barrier GL_EXT_poly
gon_offset_clamp GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_KHR_robust_buffer_access_behav
ior GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counter_ops GL_ARB_shader_clock GL_KHR_no_error GL_MES
A_shader_integer_functions

------- Input Initialization -------
XKB extension: compile time 0x1:0x0, runtime 0x1:0x0: OK
XKB extension present on server ( 0x1:0x0 )
------------------------------------
dlopen(libasound.so.2)
asoundlib version: 1.1.4.1
Alsa is available
------ Alsa Sound Initialization -----
opened Alsa PCM device default for playback
device buffer size: 5461 frames ( 21844 bytes )
allocated a mix buffer of 16384 bytes
--------------------------------------
Checking portable OpenGL extensions...
v - using GL_ARB_multitexture
v - using GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
v - using GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
v - using GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3
v - using GL_ARB_texture_env_add
v - using GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two
v - using GL_ARB_texture_compression
v - using GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
v - using GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
    maxTextureAnisotropy: 16.000000
v - using GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias
v - using GL_EXT_texture3D
v - using GL_EXT_stencil_wrap
v - using glStencilOpSeparate
X - GL_NV_register_combiners not found
v - using GL_ATI_fragment_shader
v - using GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
v - using GL_ARB_vertex_program
v - using GL_ARB_fragment_program
v - using EXT_depth_bounds_test
v - using ARB_pixel_buffer_object
---------- R_NV20_Init ----------
Not available.
----------- R200_Init -----------
GL_NUM_FRAGMENT_REGISTERS_ATI: 6
GL_NUM_FRAGMENT_CONSTANTS_ATI: 8
GL_NUM_PASSES_ATI: 2
GL_NUM_INSTRUCTIONS_PER_PASS_ATI: 8
GL_NUM_INSTRUCTIONS_TOTAL_ATI: 16
GL_COLOR_ALPHA_PAIRING_ATI: 1
GL_NUM_LOOPBACK_COMPONENTS_ATI: 3
GL_NUM_INPUT_INTERPOLATOR_COMPONENTS_ATI: 3
FPROG_FAST_PATH
---------------------
---------- R_ARB2_Init ----------
Available.
---------------------------------
----- R_ReloadARBPrograms -----
glprogs/test.vfp
glprogs/test.vfp
glprogs/interaction.vfp
glprogs/interaction.vfp
glprogs/bumpyEnvironment.vfp
glprogs/bumpyEnvironment.vfp
glprogs/ambientLight.vfp
glprogs/ambientLight.vfp
glprogs/shadow.vp
glprogs/R200_interaction.vp
glprogs/nv20_bumpAndLight.vp
glprogs/nv20_diffuseColor.vp
glprogs/nv20_specularColor.vp
glprogs/nv20_diffuseAndSpecularColor.vp
glprogs/environment.vfp
glprogs/environment.vfp
glprogs/test_direct.vfp
glprogs/test_direct.vfp
glprogs/interaction_direct.vfp
glprogs/interaction_direct.vfp
glprogs/soft_particle.vfp
glprogs/soft_particle.vfp
glprogs/cubic_light_point.vfp
glprogs/cubic_light_point.vfp
glprogs/cubic_light_proj.vfp
glprogs/cubic_light_proj.vfp
glprogs/test_cubic_light_point.vfp
glprogs/test_cubic_light_point.vfp
glprogs/test_cubic_light_proj.vfp
glprogs/test_cubic_light_proj.vfp
glprogs/ambient_cubic_light.vfp
glprogs/ambient_cubic_light.vfp
-------------------------------
using ARB_vertex_buffer_object memory
using ARB2 renderSystem
Font fonts/english/stone in size 12 not found, using size 24 instead.
gamex86 - Found SO in EXE path with timestamp of 1485493218 - /home/mircea/Game
s/Quake/TheDarkMod/darkmod/gamex86.so
gamex86 - Found SO in pak file with timestamp of 1485493218 - /home/mircea/Game
s/Quake/TheDarkMod/darkmod/tdm_game02.pk4/gamex86.so
gamex86 - SO in EXE path is newer, ignoring SO in pak file
Found Intel CPU with Hyper-Threading enabled, features: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 CMOV
game using generic code for SIMD processing.
--------- Initializing Game ----------
The Dark Mod 2.05, code revision 6757
Build date: Jan 15 2017
WARNING:file def/tdmu_player_agent.def, line 785: entityDef 'atdm:player_thief'
 previously defined at def/tdm_player_thief.def:843
WARNING:file def/tdmu_player_agent.def, line 816: entityDef 'info_player_start'
 previously defined at def/tdm_player_thief.def:897
WARNING:file def/tdmu_player_agent.def, line 835: entityDef 'info_player_telepo
rt' previously defined at def/tdm_player_thief.def:910
WARNING:file def/tdmu_weapon_arrow.def, line 79: model 'viewmodel_arrow' previo
usly defined at def/tdm_weapon_arrow.def:61
WARNING:file materials/tdm_epi_shader.mtr, line 425: material 'transformer_gaug
e' previously defined at materials/tdm_epi_shader.mtr:300
WARNING:file materials/tdm_epifire_furniture.mtr, line 35: material 'leather_ch
air_001' previously defined at materials/tdm_epi_shader.mtr:701
WARNING:file materials/tdm_ex.mtr, line 1134: Expecting '{' but found '-'
WARNING:file materials/tdm_ex.mtr, line 1171: Expecting '{' but found '-'
WARNING:file materials/tdm_ex.mtr, line 1208: Expecting '{' but found '-'
WARNING:file materials/tdm_stone_natural.mtr, line 2065: material 'textures/dar
kmod/stone/natural/rough_greyblue01' previously defined at materials/tdm_stone_
flat.mtr:2139
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 14: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_crete01blue' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 25: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_crete01red' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:39
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 36: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_crete01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:75
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 47: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_crete02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:111
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 58: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_crete03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:147
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 70: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_metal01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:183
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 82: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_metal02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:220
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 94: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_metal03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:257
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 106: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
base/base_metal04' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:294
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 118: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
base/base_metal05rust' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:331
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 130: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
base/base_metal06rust' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:368
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 142: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
base/base_metal07rust' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:405
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 154: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_clang01b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:442
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 166: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_clang01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:479
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 177: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_crete01b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:516
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 188: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_crete01_phoenixb' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:552
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 199: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_crete01_phoenix' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:588
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 210: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_crete01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:624
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 229: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_grate01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:660
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 248: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_grate02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:704
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 267: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_grate03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:748
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 286: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_grate04' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:792
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 298: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_metal02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:836
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 310: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_panel01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:873
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 322: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_rnd01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:910
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 334: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_rnd02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:947
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 346: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_simple05' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:984
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 358: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_simplines' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1021
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 370: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_tile03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1058
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 382: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_tread01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1095
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 384: Expecting '{' but found '-'
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 394: material 'blue' previously define
d at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1134
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 396: Expecting '{' but found '-'
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 406: material 'purple' previously defi
ned at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1171
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 408: Expecting '{' but found '-'
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 418: material 'red' previously defined
 at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1208
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 430: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_wrn01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1243
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 448: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
light/light_panel01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1280
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 466: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
light/light_u201' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1323
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 484: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_grate01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1366
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 496: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal01b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1409
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 508: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal01c' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1446
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 520: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1483
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 532: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1520
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 544: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1557
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 556: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal04' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1594
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 568: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal05' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1631
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 580: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metalbig04b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1668
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 592: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metalbig04' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1705
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 604: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_q201b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1742
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 616: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_q201c' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1779
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 628: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_q201d' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1816
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 640: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_q201e' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1853
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 652: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_q201' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1890
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 664: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_rs01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1927
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 676: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1964
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 688: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_baseboard02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2001
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 700: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_baseboard03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2038
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 712: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_baseboard' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2075
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 724: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_horz01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2112
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 736: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_metalsupp01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2149
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 748: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_psimple04' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2186
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 760: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_psimple05' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2223
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 772: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_simple01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2260
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 784: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_simple03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2297
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 796: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_steptop01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2334
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 808: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_support03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2371
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 820: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_vert01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2408
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 832: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_bigrib02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2445
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 844: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_bplate06' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2482
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 855: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_crete01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2519
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 866: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_crete02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2555
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 877: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_crete03b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2591
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 888: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_crete03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2627
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 900: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_des01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2663
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 912: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_metal01b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2700
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 924: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_metal01c' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2737
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 936: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_metal01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2774
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 948: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_metal02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2811
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 960: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_metalb01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2848
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 972: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_metalrib01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2885
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 984: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_panel05' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2922
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 996: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_panels08b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2959
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 1008: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
/wall/wall_panels08' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2996
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 1020: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
/wall/wall_pipe' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:3033
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 1032: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
/wall/wall_u207' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:3070
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 15: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_bluepaint' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:1
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 34: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_chainlink' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:40
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 46: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_metal1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:84
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 58: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_metal2' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:121
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 70: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_metal3' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:158
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 82: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_metal4' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:195
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 94: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_metalmaterial1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:232
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 106: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/base/base_stone_metal' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:269
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 118: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/base/base_yellowpaint' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:306
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 130: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:343
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 142: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_h1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:380
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 154: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_h2' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:417
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 166: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_h3' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:454
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 178: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_h4' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:491
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 196: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_metal3' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:528
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 208: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_plate1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:571
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 220: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_plate2' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:608
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 232: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_r1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:645
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 250: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/light/light_1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:682
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 268: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/light/light_beam_blue' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:725
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 286: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/light/light_beam_green' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:768
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 304: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/light/light_beam_red' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:811
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 322: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/trim/trim_green2' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:854
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 334: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/trim/trim_warn1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:897
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 346: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/wall/wall_purple1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:934
Initializing event system
...833 event definitions
Initializing class hierarchy
...170 classes, 819672 bytes for event callbacks
Initializing scripts
/proc/cpuinfo CPU frequency: 3000.02 MHz
Compiled 'tdm_ai_lanternbot::startAlarmWhistle': 150.8 ms
---------- Compile stats ----------

Memory usage:
     Strings: 45, 7152 bytes
  Statements: 20098, 401960 bytes
   Functions: 1251, 127656 bytes
   Variables: 92436 bytes
    Mem used: 1120356 bytes
 Static data: 2277552 bytes
   Allocated: 2826916 bytes
 Thread size: 7068 bytes

...6 aas types
game initialized.
Parsing material files
Found 0 new mission packages.
Found 103 mods in the FM folder.
Parsed 109 mission declarations.
No 'tdm_mapsequence.txt' file found for the current mod: map_tdmu.pk4dir
-------- Initializing Session --------
Font fonts/english/mason_glow in size 12 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason_glow in size 24 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason in size 12 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason in size 24 not found, using size 48 instead.
session initialized
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
------------- Warnings ---------------
during The Dark Mod initialization...
WARNING:Couldn't load image: guis/assets/splash/launch
WARNING:file materials/tdm_epi_shader.mtr, line 425: material 'transformer_gaug
e' previously defined at materials/tdm_epi_shader.mtr:300
WARNING:file materials/tdm_epifire_furniture.mtr, line 35: material 'leather_ch
air_001' previously defined at materials/tdm_epi_shader.mtr:701
WARNING:file materials/tdm_ex.mtr, line 1134: Expecting '{' but found '-'
WARNING:file materials/tdm_ex.mtr, line 1171: Expecting '{' but found '-'
WARNING:file materials/tdm_ex.mtr, line 1208: Expecting '{' but found '-'
WARNING:file materials/tdm_stone_natural.mtr, line 2065: material 'textures/dar
kmod/stone/natural/rough_greyblue01' previously defined at materials/tdm_stone_
flat.mtr:2139
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 1008: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
/wall/wall_panels08' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2996
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 1020: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
/wall/wall_pipe' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:3033
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 1032: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
/wall/wall_u207' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:3070
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 106: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
base/base_metal04' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:294
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 118: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
base/base_metal05rust' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:331
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 130: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
base/base_metal06rust' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:368
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 142: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
base/base_metal07rust' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:405
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 14: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_crete01blue' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 154: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_clang01b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:442
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 166: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_clang01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:479
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 177: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_crete01b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:516
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 188: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_crete01_phoenixb' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:552
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 199: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_crete01_phoenix' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:588
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 210: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_crete01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:624
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 229: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_grate01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:660
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 248: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_grate02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:704
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 25: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_crete01red' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:39
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 267: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_grate03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:748
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 286: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_grate04' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:792
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 298: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_metal02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:836
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 310: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_panel01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:873
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 322: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_rnd01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:910
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 334: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_rnd02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:947
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 346: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_simple05' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:984
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 358: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_simplines' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1021
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 36: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_crete01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:75
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 370: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_tile03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1058
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 382: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_tread01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1095
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 384: Expecting '{' but found '-'
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 394: material 'blue' previously define
d at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1134
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 396: Expecting '{' but found '-'
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 406: material 'purple' previously defi
ned at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1171
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 408: Expecting '{' but found '-'
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 418: material 'red' previously defined
 at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1208
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 430: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
floor/floor_wrn01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1243
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 448: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
light/light_panel01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1280
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 466: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
light/light_u201' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1323
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 47: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_crete02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:111
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 484: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_grate01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1366
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 496: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal01b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1409
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 508: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal01c' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1446
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 520: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1483
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 532: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1520
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 544: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1557
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 556: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal04' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1594
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 568: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metal05' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1631
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 580: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metalbig04b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1668
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 58: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_crete03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:147
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 592: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_metalbig04' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1705
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 604: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_q201b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1742
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 616: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_q201c' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1779
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 628: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_q201d' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1816
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 640: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_q201e' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1853
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 652: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_q201' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1890
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 664: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
panel/panel_rs01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1927
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 676: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:1964
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 688: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_baseboard02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2001
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 700: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_baseboard03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2038
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 70: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_metal01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:183
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 712: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_baseboard' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2075
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 724: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_horz01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2112
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 736: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_metalsupp01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2149
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 748: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_psimple04' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2186
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 760: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_psimple05' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2223
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 772: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_simple01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2260
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 784: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_simple03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2297
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 796: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_steptop01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2334
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 808: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_support03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2371
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 820: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
trim/trim_vert01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2408
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 82: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_metal02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:220
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 832: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_bigrib02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2445
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 844: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_bplate06' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2482
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 855: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_crete01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2519
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 866: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_crete02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2555
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 877: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_crete03b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2591
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 888: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_crete03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2627
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 900: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_des01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2663
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 912: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_metal01b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2700
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 924: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_metal01c' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2737
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 936: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_metal01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2774
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 948: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_metal02' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2811
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 94: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/b
ase/base_metal03' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:257
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 960: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_metalb01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2848
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 972: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_metalrib01' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2885
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 984: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_panel05' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2922
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex.mtr, line 996: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex/
wall/wall_panels08b' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex.mtr:2959
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 106: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/base/base_stone_metal' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:269
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 118: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/base/base_yellowpaint' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:306
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 130: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:343
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 142: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_h1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:380
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 154: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_h2' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:417
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 15: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_bluepaint' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:1
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 166: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_h3' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:454
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 178: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_h4' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:491
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 196: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_metal3' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:528
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 208: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_plate1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:571
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 220: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_plate2' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:608
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 232: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/floor/floor_r1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:645
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 250: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/light/light_1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:682
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 268: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/light/light_beam_blue' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:725
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 286: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/light/light_beam_green' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:768
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 304: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/light/light_beam_red' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:811
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 322: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/trim/trim_green2' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:854
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 334: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/trim/trim_warn1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:897
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 346: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex
2/wall/wall_purple1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:934
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 34: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_chainlink' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:40
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 46: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_metal1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:84
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 58: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_metal2' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:121
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 70: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_metal3' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:158
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 82: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_metal4' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:195
WARNING:file materials/tdmu_ex2.mtr, line 94: material 'textures/darkmodule/ex2
/base/base_metalmaterial1' previously defined at materials/tdm_ex2.mtr:232
WARNING:file skins/tdm_gen_metal.skin, line 596: skin 'iron_flat' previously de
fined at skins/tdm_gen_metal.skin:103
WARNING:file sound/tdm_ai_commander.sndshd, line 1909: sound 'tdm_ai_commander_
there_you_are' previously defined at sound/tdm_ai_commander.sndshd:1407
124 warnings
pid: 27374
24112 MB System Memory
512 MB Video Memory
Async thread started
Couldn't exec autocommands.cfg - file does not exist.
Widescreenmode was set to: 7 (1920x1080)
Found 0 new mission packages.
Found 103 mods in the FM folder.
DisplayBriefingPage: briefingData is maps/test/mission_briefing
WARNING:DisplayBriefingPage: Could not find briefing xdata: maps/test/mission_b
riefing
reloading guis/mainmenu.gui.
reloading guis/restart.gui.
reloading guis/msg.gui.
Widescreenmode was set to: 7 (1920x1080)
--------- Map Initialization ---------
Map: test
glprogs/ambientEnvironment.vfp
glprogs/ambientEnvironment.vfp
----------- Game Map Init ------------
collision data:
     3 models
   343 vertices (8 KB)
   623 edges (21 KB)
   275 polygons (19 KB)
    22 brushes (3 KB)
    71 nodes (1 KB)
   394 polygon refs (3 KB)
    58 brush refs (0 KB)
   454 internal edges
     0 sharp edges
     0 contained polygons removed
     0 polygons merged
    57 KB total memory used
10 msec to load collision data.
map bounds are (1088.0, 1088.0, 800.0)
max clip sector is (68.0, 68.0, 50.0)
    0 bytes passage memory used to build PVS
    0 msec to calculate PVS
    2 areas
    0 portals
    0 areas visible on average
    8 bytes PVS data
[Load AAS]
loading maps/test.aas48
[Load AAS]
loading maps/test.aas96
[Load AAS]
loading maps/test.aas32
done.
[Load AAS]
loading maps/test.aas100
[Load AAS]
loading maps/test.aas_rat
[Load AAS]
loading maps/test.aas_elemental
ConversationManager: Found 0 valid conversations.
Entering tdm_main()
Exiting tdm_main()
Spawning entities
... 38 entities spawned, 0 inhibited

==== Processing events ====
[aas32]: Assigned 0 multistatemover positions to AAS areas and ignored 0.
WARNING:Couldn't load gui: 'guis/scoreboard.gui'
WARNING:Couldn't load gui: 'guis/spectate.gui'
WARNING:Couldn't load gui: 'guis/chat.gui'
WARNING:Couldn't load gui: 'guis/mpmsgmode.gui'
SpawnPlayer: 0
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_doublevision.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_skipcinematic.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_guienter.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_guiexit.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_hitarmor.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_hitflesh.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_teleportexit.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_teleportstart.wav' using default
glprogs/heatHazeWithMaskAndDepth.vfp
glprogs/heatHazeWithMaskAndDepth.vfp
removed 16 degenerate triangles
removed 16 degenerate triangles
removed 12 degenerate triangles
removed 48 degenerate triangles
removed 8 degenerate triangles
removed 48 degenerate triangles
removed 8 degenerate triangles
glprogs/cookMath_pass1.vfp
glprogs/cookMath_pass1.vfp
glprogs/cookMath_pass2.vfp
glprogs/cookMath_pass2.vfp
glprogs/brightPass_opt.vfp
glprogs/brightPass_opt.vfp
glprogs/blurx.vfp
glprogs/blurx.vfp
glprogs/blury.vfp
glprogs/blury.vfp
glprogs/finalScenePass_opt.vfp
glprogs/finalScenePass_opt.vfp
----- idRenderModelManagerLocal::EndLevelLoad -----
    0 models purged from previous level,    76 models kept.
---------------------------------------------------
----- idImageManager::EndLevelLoad -----
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/md5/chars/troopers/body
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/md5/chars/troopers/head
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/md5/chars/troopers/hair
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/md5/chars/troopers/armor
WARNING:Couldn't load image: _bloomimage
WARNING:Couldn't load image: _cookedmath
    0 purged from previous
  193 kept from previous
  291 new loaded
all images loaded in  45.9 seconds
----------------------------------------
----- idSoundCache::EndLevelLoad -----
61776k referenced
 6338k purged
sound: missing efxs/test.efx
-----------------------------------
 56877 msec to load test
interactionTable generated of size: 134217728 bytes
------------- Warnings ---------------
during test...
WARNING:Couldn't load gui: 'guis/chat.gui'
WARNING:Couldn't load gui: 'guis/mpmsgmode.gui'
WARNING:Couldn't load gui: 'guis/scoreboard.gui'
WARNING:Couldn't load gui: 'guis/spectate.gui'
WARNING:Couldn't load image: _bloomimage
WARNING:Couldn't load image: _cookedmath
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/md5/chars/troopers/armor
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/md5/chars/troopers/body
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/md5/chars/troopers/hair
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/md5/chars/troopers/head
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_doublevision.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_guienter.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_guiexit.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_hitarmor.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_hitflesh.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_skipcinematic.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_teleportexit.wav' using default
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'player_sounds_teleportstart.wav' using default
18 warnings
 Bloom Kernel size is set to: Small
Using TDM's enhanced interaction
Forcing an update on cooked math data.
Cooking math data please wait...
Cooking complete.
Ambient light 'ambient_world' not found, attempting to create a new one.
Found light 'light_118' and it's now set as the main ambient light.
WARNING:Couldn't add entity atdmu_ammo_arrow_simple_2 to inventory of player1
WARNING:Couldn't add entity atdmu_ammo_arrow_simple_2 to inventory of player1
WARNING:Couldn't add entity atdmu_ammo_arrow_simple_3 to inventory of player1
WARNING:Couldn't add entity atdmu_ammo_arrow_simple_1 to inventory of player1
WARNING:Couldn't add entity atdmu_ammo_arrow_simple_4 to inventory of player1
]condump x.txt
Dumped console text to x.txt.

Please put long stuff like this in spoilers next time. Regarding your condump

I guess tdm ignores your defs as they are already present.

I would suggest that you start by placing your custom files in a fm folder and use unused names for your files and definitions instead of messing with the root folder. This will avoid issues you can deal with later on. Also note that there is no need to redefine anything. If your custom entity is similar to an existing one (like your player), derive it from the stock one and add the changes.

I just looked at a D3 map, and instead of player_spawnclass its worldspawn has "def_player" "d3xp_player_doommarine". (I haven't tried it out.)

See also http://www.moddb.com/mods/opencoop/tutorials/7-roe-maps-and-custom-playerdefs

Edit: hmmm.....

https://gitlab.pluribusgames.com/games/RBDOOM-3-BFG/blob/a315630d7dbbc8fce7a29a46ced2de3dff1a880a/neo/d3xp/Game_local.cpp

{
		// precache the player
		args.Set( "classname", gameLocal.world->spawnArgs.GetString( "def_player", "player_doommarine" ) );
	}

But from TDM's Game_local.cpp:

// greebo: Allow worldspawn to specify a different player classname
	if (!isMultiplayer && world != NULL && world->spawnArgs.FindKey("player_classname") != NULL)
	{
		playerClass = world->spawnArgs.GetString("player_classname", cv_player_spawnclass.GetString());
	}

So maybe player_classname is the correct spawnarg.

Edited by VanishedOne

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

Please put long stuff like this in spoilers next time. Regarding your condump

I guess tdm ignores your defs as they are already present.

I would suggest that you start by placing your custom files in a fm folder and use unused names for your files and definitions instead of messing with the root folder. This will avoid issues you can deal with later on. Also note that there is no need to redefine anything. If your custom entity is similar to an existing one (like your player), derive it from the stock one and add the changes.

Sorry about that; Was hoping the forum would create a scrollbar for long texts in <code> tags... hopefully someone can fix that actually.

My mod is not a FM, it's meant to be installed independently as a plugin for TDM... as such I have to distribute it as a series of root pk4 files. However I already plan to replace existing entityDefs entirely, without having to override any old names! Only problem there is that the player_spawnclass argument is still being ignored... I'll try def_player too like VanishedOne suggested, though it sounds like that isn't it either.

[EDIT] Tried adding def_player in addition, same issue apparently: https://pastebin.com/raw/EMKLbc98

Edited by MirceaKitsune

The definition to be used for the player is set via a cvar. The name of said cvar is tdm_player_spawnclass. Changing that to the name of your custom definition will work (tested it). Note that the cvar will be reset to its default value when the game gets quit.

The definition to be used for the player is set via a cvar. The name of said cvar is tdm_player_spawnclass. Changing that to the name of your custom definition will work (tested it). Note that the cvar will be reset to its default value when the game gets quit.

Thank you! That one did it :D And by did it I mean the map now crashes to the main menu with complaints about missing joints and such, which of course means I need to fix the rest of my stuff.

The problem now is how to auto-set this cvar properly from within the FM, so that the FM itself can indicate it wants to use the mod's player class. I tried adding a cfg file in the root directory of my test FM, however it is completely ignored... do I need to place cfg's in a special directory for a FM to execute them? It would be best if a custom player_start entity could set the cvar when present on the map though, can entities do that?

You can set the value of a cvar via script. But I fairly doubt that this specific cvar will be read by the code after the player has been spawned.

You can set the value of a cvar via script. But I fairly doubt that this specific cvar will be read by the code after the player has been spawned.

That can't be the only way: Every quake engine lets you include cfg files, consisting of "set" and "seta" commands as well as other console functions you may include. Even TDM stores your settings in a Darkmod.cfg file! It's curious that they don't they work when included in a FM directory. Perhaps it only works when you call it "autoexec.cfg" or something else that TDM sees?