The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 4 is trash.

Mystry

That would be comedy, Garrett, Master Thief, Now with Thermal vision and predator sounds! OpenGL wallhacks also available! Collect them all in the GotY Edition for an additional $29.99 not including transport and delivery fees.

there is a booster pack for those who want to finish the game faster, which seems to be a odd statement for a game which most thief fans try to play as long as possible.

Unfortunately, they're not making this game for THIEF fans.

Booster Pack – Get access to an exclusive bundle of optional in-game consumables that can empower you and hasten your progression through Thief.

Unbelievably, which includes giving the player "gold"...It looks like the Booster Pack is a beacon for children and idiots, willing to pay extra money for the opportunity to evade their own ineptitude.

This statement alone reveals EM's contempt for THIEF's core design philosophy...The player is never supposed to be "empowered", but vulnerable...and hurrying through the game, should never be encouraged or rewarded.... :angry:

• Like 1

Too much fretting and nail-biting going on. Shake off those imaginary chains....set yourself free....loosen up... open your mind.

In the end, you'll wonder what on earth you were worried about. Life is too short to be angry.

Don't worry.... be happy... and start smiling... or "cheshire cat grinning", as I prefer. :D

Too much fretting and nail-biting going on. Shake off those imaginary chains....set yourself free....loosen up... open your mind.

I am freer than you'll ever know or comprehend...Ironically, you're a prisoner of your own inability to accept the reality that surrounds you.

In the end, you'll wonder what on earth you were worried about. Life is too short to be angry.

Don't worry.... be happy... and start smiling... or "cheshire cat grinning", as I prefer. :D

Again, you fail to understand the situation...Unlike you, most of the community has standards...and upholding these standards serves to benefit the integrity and future expansion of the community...Any expressions, whether they are positive or negative, are solely based on the consequences of the information itself...and are not reflective of a personal state of being.

• Like 1

Not really. But you know how this goes.

I do know how it goes, yes, and I understand... I just don't feel worried about it myself.

Edited by Viktoria

Yeah, we can only ever speak for ourselves.

What is to come is already written... amd I wish the best for everyone. x

Game, that's mine. What did they call them back in the old days... rabble-rousers?

It's pretty clear looking over the last pages of comments.

Stay light in your content and sardonic in your replies.

The Thief and SS2 communities are comprised of intelligent individuals, not the droll of humanity that can push a button on request like a lab rat.

Large companies don't cater to intelligent individuals because if they did they would be out of business. They would alienate >80% of their player base and >80% of their income.

Its a shame you know. More than a decade ago games were not made for money. They were made because they cOULd be made, we were exploring what could be achieved. They were made by bright people for bright people. Problem solvers, people that "figure things out", trial-and-error types.

Clearly that's not the case these days with AAA companies and I challenge you to list one AAA game that is. There aren't any.

There are some indie developers and non-AAA developers that still hold these initial concepts to heart.

The communities surrounding these antiquated brilliant titles have amassed for a reason. They're intelligent, they can clearly see what is happening in the gaming industry, they would also like to still be able to play games that challenge them, and they're willing to voice their opinions and cast their votes on what makes a game great, classic, and intelligent.

By the very nature of the fact that a large studio buys the rights to an older "best of all time" title and proclaims they're going to re-imagine it, its a fore gone conclusion that the franchise will forever be stained with what they've done. The oNLy question is....to what extent.

I'm not a follower of religion or the bible but it is clear why greed is one of the seven deadly sins.

Edited by Lux
  • Like 2

Its a shame you know. More than a decade ago games were not made for money. They were made because they cOULd be made, we were exploring what could be achieved. They were made by bright people for bright people. Problem solvers, people that "figure things out", trial-and-error types.

Clearly that's not the case these days with AAA companies

Which is why we have TDM. :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, they're not making this game for THIEF fans.

Unbelievably, which includes giving the player "gold"...It looks like the Booster Pack is a beacon for children and idiots, willing to pay extra money for the opportunity to evade their own ineptitude.

This statement alone reveals EM's contempt for THIEF's core design philosophy...The player is never supposed to be "empowered", but vulnerable...and hurrying through the game, should never be encouraged or rewarded.... :angry:

So true my friend... you took words of my mouth ;). But hey... people like to spend money on this things apparently, and developers will wonder why they never sell well. You already are empowered by having that shadow thing ability to Thiaf pass by guards, or even the blue vision to see traps and treasures. Imagine now that with this pack... the player is unstoppable.

Which is why we have TDM. :)

Oh Lord Trickster, I thank you for TDM that brings me a smile everytime I play :).

Edited by Loa4ever
  • Like 1

I for one am very much looking forward to T4. It looks gorgeous. It might not be Thief but it'll be a rich visual experience that'll almost certainly permit a stealth gameplay style for those who want it, and that's as much as we can ask of a game nowadays. The vids up top show an action approach but I bet it'll be fully ghostable. Like others have observed, I can't believe how close it looks to Dishonoured. But I enjoyed ghosting Dishonoured. It won't replace TDM for sure, but that's a good thing too.