Merry's Magnificent Mapping Co. Delivers Again!
La Banque was something of a practice run: this place should prove to be something closer to a challenge.
Title: Chase Mercantile
Mapper: Airship Ballet
Special thanks: Nobiax for the custom loot models and textures, Melan for his textures and Xarg, Kyyrma, Oldjim, Phi, Melan, Cookie and Bikerdude for beta testing the map for me! Vault and courtyard ambiences made by me using this and this respectively.
Build Time: 1 month and 13 days.
Well, here it is! We're about 2/5 through the campaign provided I don't decide to extend it. While going back to change things with La Banque I was really enthused to see how much better I am at mapping already, so hopefully you will be too! This is the same deal as La Banque but bigger and better. It's physically about twice the size and a fair bit more complex with regards to objectives and the like. As a result, you get a ton of notes if you buy a lot of things! Having the notes in your inventory is integral to the system itself working, so hopefully you won't mind reading then discarding a bunch of pieces of paper. I've got plans for a somewhat cooler way to introduce the notes to the player, but you're stuck without for now.
This is, of course, bundled with La Banque so all that gold means something now! It'll be on the mission downloader as Chase Mercantile so delete La Banque from your FMs folder because it's obsolete. I tweaked the former mission somewhat, spawning some new guards on expert and implementing a 500G/1000G KO/Kill penalty to your loot total across all difficulties. I also wrote a new briefing that hopefully doesn't show how bad I am at English anymore. It was only ever intended as a tutorial, however, so don't expect crazy difficulty there. There's tons of loot to be had, but even more if you're sneakier about it! The same goes for Chase, albeit far moreso: expert difficulty has pretty much 100% guard coverage, so good luck with that.
Erm, what else... oh! I recorded the building process, so if you're curious or just fancy zoning out to some timelapses, you can see the map's construction from start to almost-finished here, although hold off until you're done to avoid spoilers.
- Noclipping around like a mook will skip triggers that change things based on what you bought. It will completely negate the system in some cases and often brick your playthrough. Don't do it unless you've no desire to be able to finish!
- As the note you start with says, you can bag up the loose loot in the vault into bags. Dropping these out of the starting window in the basement or at the alternate loot drop (if you buy it) will net you 3000 per bag, which translates directly into 3 gold for the next mission's asset shop.
- Knocking people out will cost you 500 gold on Expert, and killing them will dock you 1000 on Medium and Expert.
- Optional objectives will pay you gold immediately on completion.
- It is impossible to acquire all of the loot in the map: there are variants of some that get swapped around depending on what you buy. Don't sweat it: there's tons anyway!
Come to the thread because you can't find something? Look no further
you casual! Obviously don't expand spoilers if you don't want spoilers.
Where are the vault keys?
How do I get into Chase's vault?
How do I turn off the steam?
What about the electrified gate?
...and the gas?
Where is the sword?
Where is the necklace?
Where are the client records?
Where are the financial records?
Where's Turk Malloy?
Look, you made a system I despise. The least you can do is tell me what to buy.
Available on the in-game mission downloader as "Quinn Co."
The Single Mission
Edited by Airship Ballet, 04 February 2015 - 12:43 PM.