The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: The Accountant 2: New In Town by Goldwell (2016/05/09)

Goldwell

Has cameos for everyone in the community but me. It's really not worth the download.

I'm glad that you're not bitter about it.

[pedant mode]All secrets are hidden can be found before you enter the sewers [/pedant mode] :D :D

Seriously this is a wonderful mission although it is actually impossible to get all the loot while ghosting

My spelling of recent has been terrible.. I blame the liquor! :P

Glad you enjoyed it Jim, you did a great job bug squashing!

Great, now I had to stop at a point in the mission

where I get nightmares tonight.

Will finish the rest tomorrow if I find time...

Edited by Nico A.

I stopped at the point where my quick save crashed. =/

Really hope 2.04 fixes these for good. But fortunately I made a hard save about 30 min back, so it could have been worse.

This is great work in any event. Visually good and I like how you fit a whole story into this hotel floor by floor. I'll say more when I've finished.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I stopped at the point where my quick save crashed. =/

Really hope 2.04 fixes these for good. But fortunately I made a hard save about 30 min back, so it could have been worse.

This is great work in any event. Visually good and I like how you fit a whole story into this hotel floor by floor. I'll say more when I've finished.

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! I've had that quicksave bug happen to me a few times throughout different missions as well. Hopefully it doesn't give you any more problems!

Hahahaha love the title!

Watching now, i've been looking forward to this!

Edited by Goldwell

I am not watching this playthrough now as I've not finished the mission, but I expect it is funny for Fen to hear himself speak. :D

It's funny. I hear myself speak every single day, yet hearing myself Voice ActTM is slightly uncomfortable and weird, like how it is the first time you hear yourself recorded. Heheh. I've got other VA bits in missions coming out sooner or later as well.

• Like 1

It's funny. I hear myself speak every single day, yet hearing myself Voice ActTM is slightly uncomfortable and weird, like how it is the first time you hear yourself recorded. Heheh. I've got other VA bits in missions coming out sooner or later as well.

We are our own worst critic right? I thought you did a good job, I left you a comment on some important parts that you missed in the video as well.

Looking forward to your future parts (you've only scratched the surface with this mission so far)

We are our own worst critic right? I thought you did a good job, I left you a comment on some important parts that you missed in the video as well.

Fortunately I've heard some VAs I really admire say the same sort of things at times. "All I can hear are mistakes". So it's as you say, even for pros.

Looking forward to your future parts (you've only scratched the surface with this mission so far)

That's what I like to hear! I was afraid I'd got through half of it already :ph34r:

• Like 1

It's funny. I hear myself speak every single day, yet hearing myself Voice ActTM is slightly uncomfortable and weird

Welcome to club, and you'll get used to it :-)

We will have to get you to do a voice set for the mod, Im sure there was a voice you did that was quite unique, I think it was a builder type voice.

Just an FYI for those who are having issues with the mega link, sorry about the delay getting it up on the FM page but the FM manager nbohr1more will have an FM page and mirrors up for you all tonight!

• Like 1

I have weird performance issues. I have 8-15 fps all the time. I once loaded and had 60 fps, then quicksaved and it went down back to 12 or so.

That is quite odd, normally I would fault the mission but no one (Beta tester or release players) have complained of performance issues.

With that being said I personally have had some issues but that was attributed to a bug in Windows 10 where "system and compressed memory" has a memory leak and starts causing major lag everywhere.

In what areas (feel free to spoiler tag) are you receiving these slow downs as well? and does running the dark mod in a window help the performance at all? (sometimes driver programs like the nvidia control panel offer fullscreen options vs windowed options.. it might be worth looking into those settings to optimize. Also are you using Windows 10? perhaps you are having that memory leak issue I had as well.

I assume you have some decent hardware considering you work with modeling software a lot so I doubt it's anything on that end.

Edited by Goldwell