• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19016 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:58 PM

I have Quantom Break to play, but would like some recommendations for other current 1st person games for PC perfeable on steam or Gog. Untill I find a way to sandbox them, I am not putting origin or uplay on my machine.

First few games that come to mind are -

• Vampyre
  • Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord - this looks very Witcher3.
  • Homefront The Revolution: Season pass - as it come with a new story to play (Ive completed the main game) done, it was going very cheap on steam

#2 Judith

Judith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

I'd wait for the Prey demo at the end of the month. Here's another hour of gameplay footage too:

Still, after Dishonored 2 fiasco I'll probably wait a month or two before getting it, unless the PC version is well-optimized.

#3 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19016 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:12 PM

I'd wait for the Prey demo at the end of the month.

The rumor is there wont be a PC demo...

#4 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

Anybody else hoping "Project Wight" is released soon?

#5 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:25 PM

Technically Mount & Blade is also 3'rd person.

IMHO even 1 good game, the thematic of which really interests you will keep you busy not just for the weekend but if you play it exclusively - easily for weeks or even months. Such as the case can be for Pathologic, The Void, Bloodlines, Deus Ex, Witcher, Fallout, Total War, Red Faction and so on.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#6 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

I am also very intersted in Vampyr, but this not be released until the end of the year (according to the Wiki-article; could not find anything on the homepage)

#7 freyk

freyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:30 PM

How about some old idtech4 games, for inspiration.
Like: prey 2006, wolfenstein, quake 4.

-edit-

edited post. I hate the dutch autocorrections.

Edited by freyk, 14 April 2017 - 04:15 AM.

#8 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19016 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:49 AM

prey 2006, wolfenstein, quake 4.

Completed years ago.

#9 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5254 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

Dishonored 2 is getting great reviews from Thief players.
Posted Image

#10 Judith

Judith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:23 AM

It's not that good, I mean definitely not as good as Dis1. It has its moments, but it falls apart as a whole. What about some mindless fun in new Doom?

Edited by Judith, 14 April 2017 - 10:26 AM.

#11 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19016 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:40 AM

Dishonored 2 is getting great reviews from Thief players.

Completed ages ago.

#12 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

A while ago it wasn't on the store... but now it's back: http://store.steampo....com/app/37000/

It's really good.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#13 brethren

brethren

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

A semi-recent 1st person game I was really surprised by was Titanfall2.  Really enjoyed it.

Oops, Origin.

Edited by brethren, 14 April 2017 - 02:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users