The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Sneak & Destroy, by SeriousToni, Beginner's Contest 2012 - Update 11/2022

SeriousToni

Sneak & Destroy - Do you like it? :)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Gameplay: Enjoyment. Fun duration. Smooth flow, ect. Versus Bugs. Frustration, Boredom, framelag

2. 2. Appearance: Vertical use, Visual pleasure, lighting, visual style, deduct bad texturing etc.

3. 3. Story & Text: Story. Text. Briefing. Graphic storytelling

Congrats!

The mission is now available in the mission database.

If you would kindly offer updated screen-shots I will add them to the mission database :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

• SeriousToni changed the title to Fan Mission: Sneak & Destroy, by SeriousToni, Beginner's Contest 2012 - Update 11/2022

Yes one could probably do that with a print on demand service. If you manage to get a high resolution of the logo you can print yourself a nice shirt for advertising TDM. Good idea 😏

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

The mission got listed now also here on Thiefguild. While I received some ratings on my original map from 2012, I lack new reviews on the mission update there. If someone who recently played the update of this FM has a little spare time and is feeling generous then I would be very happy to see your star rating over there or even a short review. No pressure though - you're always free to leave your rating or review here in this thread - or none of this at all. Just informing you guys of the possibilities as I really like the Thiefguild website personally since it is a little easier to read reviews and mission infos there (and also the Admin is really kind). Anyways - thanks for playing my mission, I hope you had some fun (re-)visiting the inn! :)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

First time I played this mission.

English not being my native language I had a hard time keeping up with the intro. I suggest a next, next, next approach whenever possible.

Medium difficulty: "Do not be seen by anyone"... okay, in the author I trust.

Spoiler

I don't understand what the secondary house is about. It is the one that I first visited and while the first floor has some interesting architecture I didn't find anything of interest there and left a little meh.

After that, very nice small and straight forward mission. Good use of AI (know the one that's one too many). Plenty of room to pass by AI which is something I appreciate (I don't particularly like narrow corridors unless used sparingly). Nice bedtime trick (here is where the mission shines, imho).

I got rid of my threat although it is not that clear why she had to go. I see potential for more plot and some twists in this mission. I didn't collect as much loot and I left at least one door locked behind but since my goals were complete and nothing implied there was anything else to do I finished the mission.

Since the mission indeed is a seek-and-destroy in-and-out operation I will revisit it for sure!

Thanks for your work and thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

TDM Modpack 4.0

Thank you for your kind words snatcher, I really appreciate that you felt joy playing this mission. If you want to re-read the intro text, you can find it here :) @snatcher

Edited by SeriousToni

So I did rate this mission highly because it's extremely dedicated to being a classic Thief "sneak and loot" as you can get, no crazy ghouls and spiders and monsters, no keeper magic, no puzzles, no weird fireballs or blue flames, just simple pure thievery in a small town setting with clear and simple missions, akin to taking out an enemy in a mansion of roaming guards and servants. Old school. Classic.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A@datiswous

Ah yeah, well sorry, I was quiet busy and only visiting discord. First time here on the forums since months now I think..

Thank you for the subtitles. I encourage everyone who is interested in using them to download it from here as I'm not sure when I'll be able to implement them myself into the mission.

Again, thank you for your work. :)

• Like 2

@snatcher

Hopefully there will be a sequel in the future. I started concepting and even building multiple times in the last ten years but never came close to something useful. I wish that I find more time in the future to have a decent sequel for this mission, yes.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SeriousToni said:

Thank you for the subtitles. I encourage everyone who is interested in using them to download it from here as I'm not sure when I'll be able to implement them myself into the mission.

If you give your blessing I can ask a team member to include it in the fm package as an update. I did that succesfully with some missions already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, datiswous said:

If you give your blessing I can ask a team member to include it in the fm package as an update. I did that succesfully with some missions already.

If the mission still works afterwards and the URL doesn't change (the mission is linked in other sites like thief guild.com) then I would be happy to feature subtitles!

This is the url from thief guild

http://mirror.mstrmnds.me/missions/sneak_destroy_a8d6a15e20aad1d0.pk4

Im not sure wheres it from.

Edited by SeriousToni
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 5:34 PM, esme said:

I was quite surprised to find I hadn't played this one before, thank you I found it to be very enjoyable 👍

Thanks, it means a lot!

Yes, it could be that you've overlooked it since I didn't create a new thread for he anniversary update, but only edited the original thread.

• 5 months later...
On 7/7/2023 at 1:48 PM, SeriousToni said:

If the mission still works afterwards and the URL doesn't change (the mission is linked in other sites like thief guild.com) then I would be happy to feature subtitles!

Because the mission got an update (subtitles) the download link on The Thief's Guild doesn't work anymore. Sorry!

Could you, instead of listing one download, link to this page for the download:

https://www.thedarkmod.com/missiondetails/?internalName=sneak_destroy

The download links there are automatically updated with every release and there are more of them.

6 hours ago, datiswous said:

Because the mission got an update (subtitles) the download link on The Thief's Guild doesn't work anymore. Sorry!

Could you, instead of listing one download, link to this page for the download:

https://www.thedarkmod.com/missiondetails/?internalName=sneak_destroy

The download links there are automatically updated with every release and there are more of them.

Thanks for the quick information I will change it on thiefguild 👍

• Like 1

@datiswous

The url and information on the download was changed by the administration of thief guild. I would still be happy, if there are future changes on the url, that you inform me here or via PM. Thanks again for your work and support! :)

• Like 1