The Dark Mod Forums

Thief 4 is trash.

Mystry

That jump is pretty stupid, as he doesn't have anywhere to go after that. I'm just going to jump over to that tower and hang there from one hand because it's cool.

Poser.

That jump also illustrates how silly the coat-tails look, IMO.

• Like 2

Almost ***40 pages*** of people asuring each other how bad Thief is. :laugh:

I, for one, will be quite happy when I can playtest it in about eight weeks. And so will most of you.

It will be a "AAA" title with all its heavy shortcomings, but a starved man is delighted with a McDonalds in sight.

What's the worst to happen, anyway?

We know it is definitely far from perfect from our perspective, but damn, there WILL be _some_ fun to have with it - at least one playthrough should be enjoyable. T3 was not much different in this regard.

It's been a tenth century that any official Thief game has been made - to be honest, I would even play it (once) if G. had a gun and funny hat.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

"When outmatched... cheat."— Batman

I've been as critical as anyone of a lot of the new things in the game, but people criticizing "the jump" or the way the chess pieces are aligned on the board in the new trailer - that's starting to get a little ridiculous. Yes, I criticized "the fall" from the "Channelling the Primal" trailer, but that's more due to the fact that the scene is core the story of New Thief. This other stuff won't even be in the actual game.

Agree with just about everything Outlooker said - this is the quintessential love/hate situation going on. I'll absolutely be getting the game on day one, pre-ordering even, but once I've got it fired up, that sucker will be under the highest powered microscope you've ever seen.. Should be interesting at the very least.

Garrett in a funny hat? Maybe we'll see it in the DLC. :D

Edited by brethren

What's the worst to happen, anyway?

We know it is definitely far from perfect from our perspective, but damn, there WILL be _some_ fun to have with it - at least one playthrough should be enjoyable. T3 was not much different in this regard.

My reason for not buying it is that EM's take on the game would be causing me to experience what I'm sure would very quickly seem like an endless stream of reminders of what the new Thief game should have been. That just wouldn't be enjoyable for me when playing it. I'm glad that a lot of people will be able to enjoy it though.

• Like 2

JTR7:

Of course I respect your opinion, but I personally can't be so serious about it like you are.

T4 is what it is, many important aspects are already known to us and we might hate them, but we can't change anything about it.

Such a big game is in reality simply done with just one single aspect in mind: Maximum sales.

Of all T4 potential buyers, serious Thief fans are what - 0,2% of potential buyers?

The very same things that would make us happy would IMPLODE the sales numbers.

I confess I like quite a few things about T4 _graphics_ alone - the artwork/style seems nice enough, the level of detail very interesting.

Most people here will play it some day even when it's even worse than many here thought - some for 50 bucks on day 1, others for 5 bucks a couple of years later.

We like Thief, that's why we're here.

Springheel:

"Star Wars Episode 1."

Well, raping good things has kind of become the norm - I personally was very disappointed with Indiana Jones 4.

Sadly, not much will change about it, because all of these bland sequels made big money.

If T4 is REALLY total trash, that is, unplayable/terrible, it flies into the trashcan.

It would be a little sad, but I don't care so much at all - DM and the gifted people that make it possible is where it's at.

T4 is just a financial adventure of some company, even when it would be mighty fine - it has a end. DM will grow and evolve - and it's already damn good.

Relax a bit, guys. We can't change a thing with T4.

Humble suggestion: Direct the energy that fuel this thread into making DM even better. That's where the sure and real reward is.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

"When outmatched... cheat."— Batman

Relax a bit, guys. We can't change a thing with T4.

Probably not now, although they did remove some ridiculous things due to fan feedback. I'm not a fan of the "oh well we can't do anything" mentality though. We CAN do something--we can make our opinions heard, we can vote with our wallets, and we can make things like TDM, which, as PC Gamer put it, is: a way for those fans to say "if you won't make it, we will".

• Like 3

...am I the only one who really liked Thief: Deadly Shadows?

...am I the only one who really liked Thief: Deadly Shadows?

No you are not alone, I love all three Thief games.. I don't understand why people dislike the third one, it's a fucking great game. Not as good as Thief 2 but yeah that doesn't mean Thief 3 is crap.