The Dark Mod Forums

Random Article of the Day...

lost_soul

On 3/15/2023 at 4:03 AM, SeriousToni said:

Has there ever been a printer, regardless of the manufacturer, that worked right?

Seriously, I can't remember a time in my life where I didn't have printer problems.

i came accross this post and i couldn't say how much i hate printer. That's why the phrase "printer hell" exist, i am dealing with printer hell on day to day basis at work,it stops working at random time and bugging you to reconfigure,reset,re-add printer to your client PC and power cycle it. Doesn't matter whether the printer is to be connected directly via IP connection(the one which has built-in web server functionality) or through windows printer sharing. I can't help but just suck it up

HP is the worst , you should be aware with their recent practice : https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/03/customers-fume-as-hp-blocks-third-party-ink-from-more-of-its-printers/

i am still digging about type 3-type 4 printer driver and what effect it brings

Edited by taffernicus
  • Like 1

hex-237553415B315D3741

Does anyone play Fallen London? It's like Sunless Sea it had it's own soundtrack on the mobile devices but the app was retired. The game still exists on the browser and it allows for player interaction, role playing etc. The writing is real good. They have more words than in War and Peace content-wise.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

20 hours ago, revelator said:

matrix printers though you need support for the old parallel printer ports, also no color printing but rock stable otherwise (hence why many businesses still use them), also a few laser printer models (wifi is a =()#?#¤?=) on pretty much all of them though).

i like the screeching sound of the dot-matrix printer screaming through a document printing, they have a bunch of epson LQ series here and those things rarely act up

i had the chance to see fully-working 1980s dot matrix printer at my dad's office , connected to IBM 286 PC and pentium MMX PC

Edited by taffernicus

hex-237553415B315D3741

Remember the old dot matrix printer paper? With the perforated strips on either side for feeding the paper through on those spiked wheels on either side. Good times.

• Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

😄 yeah those were the days... damn i just realized i lived through vacum tubes -> transistors -> integrated circuits and pretty much the entire history of home computing 🤔 from huge tape recorders and the turntables to cd dvd blueray dat and now we barely use any of them (getting damn hard to even find a PC case with a slot for a DVD player lol).  not to mention whats happened to the world just in my lifetime sheesh...

• Like 1

Tell me about it. I recently had to buy an external DVD drive that plugs into a USB port just so I can watch my DVD collection and install my old games. -_-

• Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

luckily i long ago converted all my old games to iso's about 3 tb worth of old games 😵 most are still playable today mostly due to wrappers for old directx and glide versions (dgvoodoo and such), some i had to fix myself (older dos games) though atleast the more popular ones have since gotten ported to windows like blood -> duke nukem -> system shock 1 etc. a few of them are rather annoying to play today mostly due to control schemes that are weird (omikron nomad soul) which is sad since the story is actually pretty good. then there are the ones that are just bugged like hell (call of cthulhu dark corners of the earth) which is actually one of my favourites, though sadly riddled with bugs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, revelator said:

get ready for a hooot summer 🤣 but i guess hees going for the idea with the cloud ships 😁 surface temperature on venus can melt lead and the air pressure is about what you get under 1km of ocean so not really a place to plan your picknick hehe.

Well, 1000 billonairs less in the World are not so bad at all, they are good in this things as they shown in the Titanic expedition.

That doesn’t stop Söhnlein, a self-proclaimed non-engineer and non-scientist, from wanting to bring 1,000 people to live in the sulfuric acid clouds of Venus.

cuwxYJ5jeeUcpV7BECzfN.gif

• Haha 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...