The Dark Mod Forums

Additional skins for some TDM assets

dmw88

Im working on some maps where Ive added a bunch of custom skins to some assets. I thought I would ask here - once I am done, would there be interest in me sharing these? Or can I even add them to the core repo somehow? So far I have skins for a bunch of loot, particularly jewellery/gems and paintings, and some NPCs. Some of the NPCs I may want to keep for myself, as Ive made new guard skins for the district where my maps are set and I want them to be unique to that district and recognizable as such, but if anyone wanted to set a FM in that part of town Id be willing to share those on an individual basis as well.

Edit - the district is inspired by some areas in northern France and the low countries and their style of early modern architecture - see below - so Ive created a lot of colored timber and plaster materials as well that I can share too. On top of that I have a bunch of wallpaper and carpet materials I can share.

The inspiration for the Bridgeport district of Northgate:

depositphotos_214990790-stock-photo-trad

2338292-colorful-medieval-houses-in-vann

500_F_99271180_pgmrvVncbhi5PPYDZhbp89Bbm

depositphotos_141370858-stock-photo-colo

Edited by dmw88
  • Like 1

It's always nice to have more visual variety to choose from when mapping, would be great if you share them! :D

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

I will upload a .zip of some of what I have so far this weekend and update it regularly as I add more.

Edit: Note that I am actually doing all the halftimber buildings in DR so the plaster and timber are separate textures.

Edited by dmw88

thanks for sharing.

about those pictures,it would be nice to know where those pictures are shot.

The last one is made in brugge, belgium. (OMG they painted them,...)

To see it on a 360 panorama,check this (tip: turn around for the city square of brugge)

Edited by freyk

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

One from Rouen. Another is somewhere in Brittany but I don't recall exactly where.

For anyone interested, I compiled some of the assets I've put together. They can be downloaded at the following address:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eSsVeInHaexV7hTTBcFz_WlyFmHIDqhO/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Strasbourg and Rennes are the other two locations.

Edited by dmw88
  • Like 2

A note about loot assets, you don't have to go that low poly with it. It looks more like from Thief 2. At the same time, you have 1024 textures for the material, while the painting texture is 512 px. Pixel density/ratio should be similar across all the surfaces.

• Like 1

Wow, new paintings as well!

I really like the guy in picture #3. He looks both terrifying and scared. This will add massively to future horror missions. Oh yeah. :smile:

Edit: Would be great, if you could post some shots of your work in the relevant thread, I am really curious to see your efforts so far.

Edited by JackFarmer

I love the new paintings, and the new wood colors! Those are actually perfect for the environment I'm trying to build. While I always imagined Bridgeport to be dark and grimy, I feel that Braeden would be a bit more colorful and pleasing to look it. Keep us updated with screens of your work!

A note about loot assets, you don't have to go that low poly with it. It looks more like from Thief 2. At the same time, you have 1024 textures for the material, while the painting texture is 512 px. Pixel density/ratio should be similar across all the surfaces.

Its the same res as the ones already in the game, I checked for every .dds I made

Edit: and as to the polys I didnt make the models, just reskinned the ones already included in TDM.

Edited by dmw88

Wow, new paintings as well!

I really like the guy in picture #3. He looks both terrifying and scared. This will add massively to future horror missions. Oh yeah. :smile:

Edit: Would be great, if you could post some shots of your work in the relevant thread, I am really curious to see your efforts so far.

Im a big Caravaggio fan.

• Like 1

Big thumbs up for the Chiaroscuro art, more of that please! :) I think it fits into the TDM vibe so perfectly.

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

Big thumbs up for the Chiaroscuro art, more of that please! :) I think it fits into the TDM vibe so perfectly.

Sure, I can add some more tenebrist/chiaroscuro paintings. I'll put them up tonight or tomorrow. I have some other stuff to compile too.