The Dark Mod Forums

What I enjoyed the most in the Thief games was the hiding/sneaking idea with a great story behind.

Having a line of continuity in a game, brings more realism. In The Dark Mod it seems that there is not that. I played some missions some years ago. Then I left, now I am back and I would like to know if there is any kind of story mod, or lits of missions with continuity that brings the sense of realism and immersion in the TDM world, as Thief did.

So, what do you think?

Thank you!

Most mission authors create a connected series of missions with a continuous story. Checkout the William Steele Series by Grayman, the Shadows of Northdale Series by Goldwell or the Thomas Porter Series by Sotha. There is also the No Honor Among Thieves Campaign by GoldChocobo.

• Like 2

Look for missions that come in groups; there are several.

William Steele (WSn) is my contribution of a continuing story.

• Like 1

In addition to the previously mentioned there is also the Chronicles of Skulduggery series by Bienie, and Kingsal has the Volta series.

Plus you've got Requiem and it's sequel A House of Locked Secrets by Moonbo.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ricon said:

What I enjoyed the most in the Thief games was the hiding/sneaking idea with a great story behind.

Having a line of continuity in a game, brings more realism. In The Dark Mod it seems that there is not that. 

That's definitely something I miss as well. As mentioned though, there are at least some mission series, which have a bit of that. Even though I'd still prefer 20 missions with one story behind it, of course, and a consistent gameplay. But, that's probably not very realistic.

Edited by chakkman

One thing that was very cool in the Thief campaign besides the story was, that you could take your stolen goods and buy equipment from it in the next mission. 

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

7 hours ago, chakkman said:

That's definitely something I miss as well. As mentioned though, there are at least some mission series, which have a bit of that. Even though I'd still prefer 20 missions with one story behind it, of course, and a consistent gameplay. But, that's probably not very realistic.

I agree.

Its also very good to have this community creating great missions, but it would be hard to create a consistent set of conected missions. I would love that too! But in a fan game we cannot have that. At least we have the most similar game to Thief so far. If I search on internet, I only see crap 😞

There is a very distint game, that I love so much as Thief, and thats Deus Ex, but they are different in the mood they create. I really love DeusEx too. Thief, Deus Ex, Ufo-Xcom and a few more games are in the Top5 of my list I think.

• Like 1