The Dark Mod Forums

Idea Feasiblity Query

Maximius

I love thief I whish there was more of it. I wish I had a bucket full of cd roms fool of fanmissions for thief 123 I don’t care they are ll great. I love the environment the conversations are funny. I like the smoke and even when I see the mirrors I still enjoy the game. When it gets really old I wonder around finding crates to climb up on top of facade buildings and look down at the skybox floor. I download fan missions to ce what others thought up. I admit the game isn’t as fun anymore when I played it streat. But now I play it just to know what other fans are thinking about what funny little tricks they are dreaming of at night. I love thief and always will. Not just for what it once did to the rithme of my heart but for what power it has: the same power canvass has when touched by oil. I love the thematic feel of a mission’s architecture. Each mission is like a short story. Its Like a beautiful limerick. A place to be free for a moment. A place to be free from the fact that I lack the funds to even visit a place like these let alone to buy thieving tools and a time machine. I will most likely have this alone to flesh out my dream home. It is a flower.

Under close examination it is flawed and it is old. to run and hop and shoot is not enough. We love to discover, to journey, to admire, to create, to mimic and to convey. We love to share our thoughts and to say wouldn’t it be great if. Thief and its legacy has given us a way to express that “wouldn’t it be great if---.” It should lend itself, as it always has to such ideas as “wouldn’t it be great if the scouting orb was a rat that could run around,” Or “Well mom, remember my dream of owning a big house on a hill and how I used to wish for a living room with a plaster lion in it from Mexico and how I always wanted a large twenty four seat dining table in a dining room with original oil paintings by Michelangelo and Rembrandt and remember how I always wanted a rotating bed with pink chiffon and zebra stripes and remember how I used to chit chat with dad about always wanting a bathtub shaped like a clam and an office with orange and white stripes and remember how much I wanted an all red billiard room with a giant stuffed camel and how I wanted a disco room with my own disco dancers and a party room with fancy friends and remember how much I wanted a big backyard with Grecian statues, s-shaped hedges and three swimming pools? Well, I got that too."

I love thief and always will.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got around to reading all of this- Beastmaster anyone? :blush: Sounds like a fun idea that could (should?) have a campaign built around it sort of like T2X. Having the rat around all the time, or having it show up for just one mission would just be wierd, and loose it's appeal quickly, but a series of interconnected missions set in thier own reality where levels are designed for the rat's use could be really fun.

Just got around to reading all of this- Beastmaster anyone? :blush: Sounds like a fun idea that could (should?) have a campaign built around it sort of like T2X. Having the rat around all the time, or having it show up for just one mission would just be wierd, and loose it's appeal quickly, but a series of interconnected missions set in thier own reality where levels are designed for the rat's use could be really fun.

heres another idea: a two part mission, the rat has to crawl through a system of sewer pipes, all twisted and crazy, with spiders and other rats and crap lurking about, to carry the Thiefs lockpix to him up a drain pipe in a cell. Then the Thief has to make his way, with only his lokpix at first, out of the jail to safety.

strlen("lockpicks") = 9

strlen("lockpix") = 7

Ah! I can see the advantage of using this. Storage technology companies will go down the drain and a huge rise humans who now have more free time will be observed in the near future, when this finall manages to get a breakthrough and receives the tribut it deserves.

Gerhard

strlen("lockpicks") = 9

strlen("lockpix") = 7

Ah! I can see the advantage of using this. Storage technology companies will go down the drain and a huge rise humans who now have more free time will be observed in the near future, when this finall manages to get a breakthrough and receives the tribut it deserves.

As you have unveiled my grand scheme, I am left with no option but to "liquidate" you. My flight leaves in 3 hours. Im sorry it has to end this way.

P.S. Please forward your address, photo, and favorite hangouts. I have to go secret a silenced 9mm in my ass.

Edited by Maximius

I haven't bothered to read the rest of this thread after looking at this page, but I just wanted to say that the thread title is not very good.

Imagine if every question was in its own thread, each with their own variation on "I've got an idea" or "how about this idea".

The funny part is the poster even used the description field, which is intended for elaboration, to say exactly the same thing again.

I haven't bothered to read the rest of this thread after looking at this page, but I just wanted to say that the thread title is not very good.

Imagine if every question was in its own thread, each with their own variation on "I've got an idea" or "how about this idea".

The funny part is the poster even used the description field, which is intended for elaboration, to say exactly the same thing again.

I thought it would be more polite to start a new thread to answer a question, rather than ask it in another discussion. Also, such questions often get buried and missed, which is what happened the first time I asked about the familiar idea. The description field thing was just me being silly.

Wow, Max...it is a tough crowd!!!

You missed a perfect oppurtunity to point out Dom's faulty redundancy check software...

...to say exactly the same thing again.
:P

And spar's broken spell check software...

when this finall manages to get a breakthrough and receives the tribut it deserves.

I got you're back, Max!!!

...please don't ban me, Your Lordships....

Wow, Max...it is a tough crowd!!!

You missed a perfect oppurtunity to point out Dom's faulty redundancy check software...

And spar's broken spell check software...

I got you're back, Max!!!

...please don't ban me, Your Lordships....

You're telling me! I'm going back to my old job, playing ukelele in a Hawaiiaan whore house...

Jeez, Dom!! It was a joke. :P

But I'll clarify, in good fun.

You're basically saying the poster said something, ONCE, then in the description field said the same thing. He would only say the same thing AGAIN if he repeated it a third time. "same thing again", in this particular case, was redundant. You pointed out the poster's (in this case, Max) redundancy, and so I pointed out yours...but I was just being light-heartedly obtuse, since Max did kind of seem as if he was being picked on. It was just a joke.

As far as Spar's spelling, I'm well aware that his primary language is in German, but I was just being light-heartedly obtuse, which I think Spar got.

Don't make me repeat myself a second time again, cause it's like beating a dead corpse to death.

;)