The Dark Mod Forums

Springheel's Stuff

Springheel

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been working on some RITs for AI to do....this one is activated by def_attaching a new prop quill, which triggers the following behaviour for sitting AI:

http://youtu.be/1AjBT22J0ng

The height works for both regular desks and scribe desks, though it's a bit high for regular tables.

Heh Arcturus also did up a custom animation for writing for the accountant 2.

I could send it to you if you wanted, maybe there could be alternative ways to write that the mapper could choose

I've been working on some RITs for AI to do....this one is activated by def_attaching a new prop quill, which triggers the following behaviour for sitting AI:

The height works for both regular desks and scribe desks, though it's a bit high for regular tables.

Very cool. It would be a bit better if you could have them "dip" the Quill into ink, tho. As it is, it looks quite repeating.

Edit: Oh, and they write way too fast. Writing on very expensive parchment or leather skin is a slow, careful task, to avoid errors and have a clean image. It's not a fast "lets scribble something with a pen" we are used to nowadays :)

Edited by Tels

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

In addition to Tels comment above, have you tried using the sit and rotate method to get them to sit closer the desk and more centralised on the chair...?

Is this in SVN atm, so I can knock up a test map to show you what I mean. Also what arg is used to define writing on a flat desk and a angled one..?

I did use the rotate method, but I didn't spend much time trying to position them precisely for the video.

Also what arg is used to define writing on a flat desk and a angled one..?

There isn't one. You just def_attach the new prop quill and everything else happens automatically. I think it's on SVN already, but not the final version, which I will upload tonight.

Most TDM textures look strange in bright light. In a dark setting it should look better. :)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

When you get a minute Springs, can you look at my wine bottles model on the SVN? I finially figured out how to tell how many polys its using and its insane.

- models/darkmod/kitchen/wine_bottles_01.ase (the worst at something like 28k)

- models/darkmod/kitchen/wine_bottles_02.ase (while your here etc)

- models/darkmod/kitchen/wine_bottles_03.ase (while your here etc)

I can't open .ase files. I did offer to do the same thing in .lwo though.