The Dark Mod Forums

Arcturus' animations

Arcturus

If you change the sleeping animation you'll need to change the get up animations as well. However, the zombie ones will be functional alternatives in the meantime.

Lay down animation:

If you leave the "sit_down" anim off the zombie, the code will work fine with just the "lay_down" anim.

What do you mean by off? If I don't put the sit_down and sit_up lines into zombie def then they will be still played, only taken from proguard's def. I put those lines in zombie def:

anim sleep_idle_lft models/md5/chars/undead/zombie/zombie_sleep.md5anim
anim sit_2_sleep_lft models/md5/chars/undead/zombie/zombie_idle_2_sleep.md5anim
anim sleep_2_sit_lft models/md5/chars/undead/zombie/zombie_sleep_2_idle.md5anim

When I set zombie to sleep then it plays: sit_down, zombie_idle_2_sleep, zombie_sleep. When it wakes up it plays sit_up.

• Like 2

It's only a model...

There is a spawnarg called "idle_animations". You just put a list of the animations you want the AI to play in idle state after it, each separated by a comma. There is also idle_torso, for idles that are only played on the torso channel while walking.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Biker...like the shuffling, but the hand idle looks far too 'self-aware' for a zombie (might look good on regular AI though!)

The most robust solution would be a code-based one, I think. We could overload the sitting animations for zombies, but that wouldn't help if mappers wanted to use the same behaviour for regular AI.

but that wouldn't help if mappers wanted to use the same behaviour for regular AI.

I would mlike to to be able to use that for drunks or homless Ai etc..

The hand animation would be fine if he looked at it, then tried to eat it.

I was thinking the same thing.

+3

I would mlike to to be able to use that for drunks or homless Ai etc..

Well, it seems like the problem is that regular humanoids play a "sleep" --> "rise to sitting" --> "stand from sitting" pattern to get up. When getting up from the floor we just want a "sleep" --> "stand up" sequence.

We could disable the "stand from sitting" animation on zombies to get around the problem, but that wouldn't work for regular AI, who still need that animation for actually sitting.

We probably need the code to distinguish between sleeping on a bed and sleeping on the floor.

• 2 months later...

Hmm, I hadn't noticed. IK can be turned off for that specific animation...I'll do that now. Update SVN and see if it makes a difference.

(I added the following line to sleep_2_stand, but you can replace it with whatever the last frame of the animation is)

{ frame 40 enableWalkIK }

• 11 months later...

I'd like to replace kneel down animation. Here's current animation:

Here's mine:

Right hand is stiff because there's only one kneel down animation. Same for NPCs carrying and not carrying a sword in their hand. I think there should be separate animations.

• Like 2

It's only a model...