The Dark Mod Forums

Arcturus' animations

Arcturus

I think it's just that the index finger is only loosely bent in the new one, rather than gripping fully like the second finger bones. The angles look better though.

Are you thinking you might want to tackle some zombie animations at some point?

Very nice!

Hey as an offtopic problem...

Could it be possible to have the AI, the sword & other attached stuff shadow switched off automatically when the AI carries a lantern, torch or similar light source? In the last video you can clearly see the shadow of the weapon the AI carries and it looks bad, spinning and tumbling, especially for the archer.

Clipper

-The mapper's best friend.

Very nice!

Hey as an offtopic problem...

Could it be possible to have the AI, the sword & other attached stuff shadow switched off automatically when the AI carries a lantern, torch or similar light source? In the last video you can clearly see the shadow of the weapon the AI carries and it looks bad, spinning and tumbling, especially for the archer.

Is doable, as we do the same for torches and their "torch holder". If someone makes a bug tracker entry :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Ok, I'll remake walk_alerted animation and then try doing zombie.

I made a few different walk_alerted animations for variety. I think there are two sword ones (one with the tip down, one with it up) and one or two hammer ones (with more of a sense of weight). There might be a special one for archers too, I can't recall offhand.

Uploaded.

Would be cool to have an alternate lantern walk anim also where they hold it up and out a bit. Maybe just for a few steps? Like they are scanning ahead a little.

Some of the idle animations don't match the lantern walk. We could use special idle animations instead for AI with lanterns.

It's only a model...

I think I made a couple idle animations with the arm hanging down but I can't remember. It is easy to swap in special idle animations for lantern-carriers.

Now we only need an alert3 animation, where the guard holds his sword and lays it over his shoulder relaxed, like I do it when coming from the field with my rake! :laugh:

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

There are two walk cycles for zombies taken from Doom. Interesting is that there are more than one cycle in one animation, that is zombie takes three or five steps for each leg in one animation. That makes animation more organic. I'm going to use that possibility. The animations were slowed down for TDM to 80% in the def file. I'm going to make new animations already slower by that factor. Run is the same animation only sped up to 120%. Separate animation for run will be needed.

It's only a model...