DarkRadiant 2.5.0 is ready for download. This is a feature release introducing a new Game Setup dialog, which can adapt itself to the selected game type. More specifically, The Dark Mod mappers are now supported by a custom setup dialog with options to create their mission folder setup right from within DarkRadiant, plus a few safety checks to notify them about a possibly wrong folder configuration. Moreover, new dialogs for editing the TDM mission description files (readme.txt and darkmod.txt) have been added featuring a live preview of the edited texts. It's recommended to prefer this version over any previous release.
Windows and Mac Downloads are available on github: https://github.com/codereader/DarkRadiant/releases/tag/2.5.0
New TDM Game Setup Dialog with easier FM editing selection:
dr_game_setup.png 94.88KB 0 downloads
(more about this feature here: http://forums.thedar...ests/?p=416393)
GUI for editing darkmod.txt and readme.txt:
dr_darkmod_txt_editor.png 353.67KB 0 downloads
dr_readme_txt_editor.jpg 75.98KB 0 downloads
Thanks go out to all who helped testing this release!
Please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:
- Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
- If you run into a crash, please record a crashdump: Crashdump Instructions
- Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.
Changes since 2.4.0
- New Game Setup Dialog
- One can now group/ungroup objects while in Select Group Parts mode
- Add GUI for authoring the darkmod.txt/readme.txt files
- Script input window is no longer receiving duplicate backspace events
- Added Rank to TDM AI tab.
- Replaced boost.format with fmtlib
- Replaced remaining boost libraries with standard C++11 libraries
The list of changes can be found on the our bugtracker changelog.
Nice holidays and have fun mapping!