The Dark Mod Forums

TDM Pre-Release Testers Wanted

greebo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tested NHAT 1 and 2 and they are fine, but we've got some breakage on NHAT3. Much of the terrain is missing, leading to a wide open area with inexplicable light sources on your way to the mansion near the left side.

--- War does not decide who is right, war decides who is left.

Completed Living Expenses. Only problem was a few "aas32 is not valid" messages and a guard who kept walking in circles... but I swear I dmapped this back in 1.02!

What was around the circling guard? Walls, solid closed door, solid open door, see-through door (like a jail cell door), tables?

Tested Sons of Baltona: it's OK.

Little penetration problem here too, walking on the table:

When you were walking on the table, did you touch that plate? Sometimes items will drop into or fall through what they're sitting on if you touch them a certain way.

I checked the map in DR and the plates are properly placed. Ran through the mission w/1.03 and all the plates looked okay.

What was around the circling guard? Walls, solid closed door, solid open door, see-through door (like a jail cell door), tables?

It was the second door just past the fountain on the ground. The guard would walk through the door, close it, open it, and go back again. There were no bodies or dropped weapons on the ground. I hadn't attacked anyone.

Will we end up having to DMAP missions again when new versions come out?

Edited by lost_soul

When you were walking on the table, did you touch that plate?

Yep!

So it's normal, perfect.

Tested Pandora, Parcel and Patently Dangerous!

All worked like a charm; some - again :D - penetration problems in Patently Dangerous:

shot00001ej.th.jpg

shot00002l.th.jpg

As for Storm, the problem appears when I take and re-drop the NPC/object.

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

lowenz, either you're a really good tester or you have too much time. ;) Either way, thank you for helping out!

@lost_soul: I forgot that I don't have the most recent release client, so I am updating right now, which will take some time due to server traffic (I assume). So could you check whether the terrain in NHAT 3 appears again when you switch to different ambient rendering modes? I checked the material definitions of the terrain and there is no ambient stage. But I know that JC Denton implemented something different for materials that use vertexblending, so this might be handled internally... I am not sure.

I loaded up NHAT3 again with the different shader settings (standard, simple, enhanced) and there was still a large open space with no decorations on the left. You can see the visportals opening and closing in the distance, as portions of the map appear out in the clearing.

Sounds like you didn't add "keep-mirrors"?

If you run the updater from windows, you have to check the box every time.

The same thing happened to me. You'll need to redownload the mirrors.txt file.

I loaded up NHAT3 again with the different shader settings (standard, simple, enhanced) and there was still a large open space with no decorations on the left. You can see the visportals opening and closing in the distance, as portions of the map appear out in the clearing.

Alright thanks, I won't get around to do any work on this today, as the updater is really taking a long time. So if someone else wants to step up, feel free.

All worked like a charm; some - again :D - penetration problems in Patently Dangerous:

shot00002l.th.jpg

Did you slide him under the bed first? That bed doesnt have a 'bottom', like an upside down cup (acceptable I think), but if you pushed him from the top and he falls in.... hmmm!

You might like to check those penetration problems in your previous update. If the same happens then it's a map or on-going TDM flaw rather than an update error.

Hard to understand why portals would close at different distances now. These portals are triggered by distance. I saw this in a test map yesterday but I never saw this test map before so I assumed it was like that originally - hey it's just a test map. I've got some of these in the city section of my own FM I'm working on so I'll try and have a look if they are behaving differently now.

Did you slide him under the bed first? That bed doesnt have a 'bottom', like an upside down cup (acceptable I think), but if you pushed him from the top and he falls in.... hmmm!

From the top!

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

As these are my maps it makes more sense that I test them, and I will test them on all difficulties.

Business.

St. Albans Cathedral

The Caduceus of St. Albans

All ok, bar 2 things -

The water in all the maps is running to fast, as in the amplitude or frequency is higher of the wave in-game.

In Caduceus one of the builders was halfway through the bed, but this might be a map thing. But its the same as someone else reported.