The Dark Mod Forums

Snatcher's Workshop - Mods for The Dark Mod

snatcher

9 hours ago, uyvie said:

Wouldn’t it be arrogant of me to ask you to name the skills and packs the same?

Noted.

I initially had an idea for a skill-set but when I started working on some of them I wasn't sure what the final form or name would be. I opted for generic names and these generic names are now all over the code. I guess I got used to them.

9 hours ago, uyvie said:

[...] I have to manually remove them and check the site to make sure that alteration=penumbra ?

Well, Mission Complete!

9 hours ago, uyvie said:

I don’t like some mods [...]

It is good that people like stuff but I don't get to hear what people don't like. By all means, let us know what you dislike or disagree with and why!

TDM Modpack 4.0

10 hours ago, snatcher said:

It is good that people like stuff but I don't get to hear what people don't like. By all means, let us know what you dislike or disagree with and why!

Overall, your pack seems almost perfect to me!)

Maybe it would be possible to add a frob outline like in the unofficial patch. I only play with the Steam Deck, and using the console on it is very difficult. After all, each button on it needs to be configured separately. Maybe if someone suggests what I can directly configure in the config, it will completely solve my problem.

I haven't played many missions yet, and the ones I remember are the two standard ones and "No Honor Among Thieves." There are a lot of items in these missions. Adding new skills has become frustrating for me because it takes a long time to find the right item in my inventory, and this happens every time.

I also wanted to say that I haven't found a proper use for the OBSERVATION, COMBINATION, DISTRACTION, and ALTERATION skills. I play on the highest difficulty and don't feel like it's too hard for me, and all these skills, in my understanding, are designed to simplify the gameplay. In theory, MANIPULATION should also be on this list, but I found a use for it.) But no matter where or how I use OBSERVATION, I always see blackness. Maybe it depends on the map?

The main problem is still the inventory. I would like it to have fewer unused items.) I even throw away picked up books and scrolls after reading them to keep them from cluttering up my inventory. I also installed the original Thief games, and it feels like they have a lot fewer items. That's how it is.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me/us, @uyvie !

I am not familiar with the Steam Deck but it is good to know TDM works on portable devices. The TDM's autocommands.cfg file allows you to set hotkeys automatically (among other things) and you probably want to check how it works and see if you can set your preferred key bindings there. The Modpack includes an autocommands.cfg file with some examples.

13 hours ago, uyvie said:

[...] But no matter where or how I use OBSERVATION, I always see blackness. Maybe it depends on the map?

You definitely should see something and if you don't it is safe to say the peek does not work on the Steam Deck. The non-modded peek apparently does not work on Linux either so something is amiss somewhere 😔

TDM Modpack 4.0

7 hours ago, snatcher said:

The TDM's autocommands.cfg file allows you to set hotkeys automatically (among other things) and you probably want to check how it works and see if you can set your preferred key bindings there. The Modpack includes an autocommands.cfg file with some examples.

Oh no, that's not how the Steam Deck works. On a computer, each key is programmed to do only one thing.In any game, when you press "F", the system will understand that the "F" key was pressed.

But on the Steam Deck, I have to assign functions to each key myself. For example, I can make the "A" button act as "space" and the left trigger as "right-click".

That's why I'm saying that opening the console on the Steam Deck is difficult. Even though it has a lot of buttons, I have to temporarily program three keys for functions that are not really used.

On 3/14/2024 at 8:42 AM, uyvie said:

[...] But no matter where or how I use OBSERVATION, I always see blackness. Maybe it depends on the map?

Let's run a test.

Peeking through keyholes is a core functionality. For it to work mappers must manually setup target doors accordingly. A few maps make use of this functionality. The mod expands the functionality (in a different way) to any door.

Download the mission Seeking Lady Leicester and load it. Approach the one door, crouch and lean forward on the keyhole. You should see the street outside.

Does it work?

TDM Modpack 4.0

On 3/16/2024 at 2:10 PM, uyvie said:

Edited

I see. Thanks!

On 3/16/2024 at 2:10 PM, uyvie said:

Yes, I play Linux version on steamdeck(

Unfortunately the peek isn't available for you in any of its forms 😕

It may get fixed for the next release...

• Like 1

TDM Modpack 4.0