Fan Mission: A Night in Altham

joebarnin

16 minutes ago, Woodsie69 said:

How can I get through the

Reveal hidden contents

locked door in the Pagan forest?

I have no key for it, and the door/keyhole can't be picked

Spoiler

Have you found the bishop's camp yet? His journal has a clue.

Spoiler

Kill one of the green elementals with a moss arrow, it will drop a key.

Spoiler

If your short on moss arrows, look for a cave.

6 hours ago, Kainos said:

After using the 3 keys @ cathedral, I am stuck in the basement with droids, unable to open the door to the chamber in the center.

Spoiler

There are 3 locks to unlock to open the middle chamber. One can be picked; the other two require combos. One combo is on a scroll that's on of the tables in the lab. The other is on a scroll in the chamber itself - you have to look through a window, maybe use the spyglass.

I've done something stupid, not sure what but my game got stuck with the map of the sewers open and annoyingly all 3 of my saves (both quicksaves and an earlier hard save) are at the same point with the open map showing, I can move around but obviously can't see anything apart from the map and the edges of the screen.

Edit: Solved my Grid was active, hardly ever use that function so didn't realise.

I've got the Gate key but can't find where to use it, anyone?

Edit 2: Curse of the forum, find it withing 2 mins.

Edited by fortuni

26 minutes ago, fortuni said:

How do you get beyond the generator room after the sewers? 

Hide contents

I can see a hole in the ceiling but can't reach the ladder and I have no rope arrow.

Spoiler

There is a rope arrow (or two?) in that room , and one in the first room you went into after the sewers (room 14)

55 minutes ago, fortuni said:

Thanks, already had the those, but had spent half an hour trying to work out how to open the doors to the big cage to get to the control panel inside. Assumed it was another mini puzzle. 

Nope, no way to get inside. Sorry about that.

16 hours ago, fortuni said:

Thanks, already had the those, but had spent half an hour trying to work out how to open the doors to the big cage to get to the control panel inside. Assumed it was another mini puzzle. 

Spoiler

You can only reach some things on the table behind the fence

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

Well I've finished it in the end. Overall an enjoyable and hugely impressive mission with my favourite area being the Cathedral.

My problem with this mission was that I felt everything was too big, first the sewers although not too much of a maze I found them frustrating because if you didn't find the next item you needed to proceed it could take you an age to find that item with almost everywhere looking the same I found myself too easily lose my bearings. The Town was easier but I felt went on for too long, as again the forest was too big for my personal preference, again I spent an age backtracking looking for that elusive cave or side pathway. As for the Cathedral I found that to be the perfect size, I was expecting after the town to come across a monstrously sized building that went on for ever so was pleasantly surprised and it looked great.

Yes I found everything in the end (with a few hits from the forum) but I get greater satisfaction from missions that tended to be less spread out, smaller being better IMO, others I'm sure prefer the opposite.

The puzzles were spot on, I'm not that keen on tough mind bendingly painful puzzles but everything in this mission was fair and reasonable, with books and hints easily found and near to the actual puzzles themselves, so thank you for that.

I didn't achieve the loot target (about 400g short) thankfully that was an optional goal, and I only achieved 1 good deed, obviously my experience as a TDM players is sub par, I really ought play more.

Anyway thanks for one whole day lost wandering around your monster sized mission, it was great fun overall and I look forward to your next mission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Currently just starting Part 4.  This is an excellent mission.  Two points:

1. Like someone else in this thread, it was impossible to 'just stumble across' the crown in the sewers, and I needed to look at the map posted here.

2. When I try to do the good deed of:
    Spoiler

returning the Numonian statue.  I press 'R' and hold it into the empty case.  I'm told I have completed a Good Deed (2 of 4 for me at this point).

Instead of pressing 'R' to drop it, I then press 'U' to take it back.

Again I press 'R' and hold it into the empty case.  I'm told I have completed a Good Deed, and it increments the total by 1 (3 of 4 for me at this point).

Having repeated this several times, I have now completed 11 of 4 Good Deeds(!)

Edited by High John
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Underwood said:

Hi,

Could someone please give me the hint where is the

Hide contents

fuse for the safe

in part 1?🤷‍♂️

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure what "fuse for the safe" means. The safe combination in Jack's hideout is on a piece of paper in a nearby room. But the safe can be picked as well. Or am I misunderstanding?

52 minutes ago, Knockout Thief said:

I must be dumb but I can't find the last key in the 

Hide contents

Prayer garden? what am I missing?

Spoiler

use the vision potion and look around. Specifically for something to read

Spoiler

Specifically the plaques. See how the wording changes with the potion?

Spoiler

Find a room with a lion (just across the hall). Now, you need a combination...

Spoiler

The plaque (with the vision potion) has the answer

• Like 1