• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#251 jaxa

jaxa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1289 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

Too bad, uMatrix still can't protect against the threats to privacy caused by diverse browser fingerprinting techniques on the hand-selected sites i do allow to run some JavaScript...

You could use a "clean" browser (check with EFF's Panopticlick tool). Throw in a VPN and you're good. Using one but not the other would not be effective.

I'm pretty sure the Tor browser has a simplified configuration and makes specific recommendations that could lessen the chance of being fingerprinted (like avoiding having the browser window not maximized).

#252 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

• PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

You could use a "clean" browser (check with EFF's Panopticlick tool). Throw in a VPN and you're good. Using one but not the other would not be effective.

I'm pretty sure the Tor browser has a simplified configuration and makes specific recommendations that could lessen the chance of being fingerprinted (like avoiding having the browser window not maximized).

I am browsing with Chromium on a Gentoo Linux. If i enable enough JavaScript for panopticlick to actually work, it identifies my browser as unique. Browsers are absurdly chatty, when it comes to providing information. My canvas fingerprint alone is 20 bits worth (most likely the result of beeing up to date on a rolling release distribution using an exotic custom-compiled browser).

But i surf over a VPN provider with multiple exits and i hardened my browser config, so without JavaScript fingerprinting is probably a lot less reliable.

#253 kano

kano

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted Today, 12:10 PM

Not really CPU/GPU related, but hardware related.

https://www.newegg.c...2-037-_-Product

This thing looks cool, but why the hell do they use molex power connectors? Surely any modern PSU is going to have more SATA connectors than molex, and what molexes there are are going to be used for things like case fans and supplementing GPU power. I really want to install one of these, but it would needlessly complicate wiring.

#254 jaxa

jaxa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1289 posts

Posted Today, 12:16 PM

Not really CPU/GPU related, but hardware related.

There's actually this dead thread where we could post storage and memory stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amd, nvidia, intel, cpu, gpu, zen, pascal, kaby lake, skylake, vega

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users