Wonderfully done. Thanks a lot guys.

• Petike the Taffer likes this

#52 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20068 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:20 AM

The static images and videos for the various sound tracks is great, but you have used the word Mechinists on the following vid, which need to be removed or changed to builders

-

Edited by Bikerdude, 24 May 2018 - 10:20 AM.

#53 SpirescuAndrei

SpirescuAndrei

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:50 PM

The name of the song is Mechanists so that's why it was put like that. I can replace the title with Builders but there is still the Mechanists word in the video.

Or I can remove the video and remake it entirely if necessary :)

Edited by SpirescuAndrei, 25 May 2018 - 02:51 PM.

#54 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20068 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:54 PM

Its an IP thing, one of the Team will explain in more detail if required.

#55 SpirescuAndrei

SpirescuAndrei

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:00 PM

I understand, I shall remove it then.

#56 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37326 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:01 PM

I don't think it matters what the name of a fan-made youtube video is.
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#57 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20068 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:09 PM

The fan-made video is listed on the mods youtube channel, why take the risk of a potential IP issue that can be easily avoided?

#58 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37326 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:25 PM

Because it's not an IP issue? The term "Mechanist" is not trademarked, nor is it limited to Thief. Fallout 3 has a "Mechanist" character.

Beyond that, after being officially recognized by Eidos/SE several years ago, the idea that they would decide to come after us over the title of someone else's Youtube video that we just happened to add to a playlist is more than a little hard to take seriously..
TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#59 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:23 PM

Fear persists that Eidos has turned to the dark side after presumably bad Thief/Deus Ex games. Evil is everywhere.

Edited by Anderson, 27 May 2018 - 01:25 PM.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#60 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:32 PM

IIRC, that song's title has been Mechanists for years, and it was included on the first TDM soundtrack from 2005. If anyone is worried about possible legal issues, we can change the track's name anytime. (Including the soundtrack download package over at ModDB.com.)

Just in case, I will check whether that music is really on the 2005 soundtrack. I remember it being there, but I might be mistaken. Better to double-check.

----

Update: I've checked it, and yes, it is there. Track number 6, Mechanists, by drewb50 (who did many music tracks for TDM in its early years). IIRC, it's still in the base game, available as an ambient. The only real issue might be the title, but as Springheel says, I sincerely doubt you can trademark the word "mechanists" any more than you could trademark a term like "The City".

The name of the song is Mechanists so that's why it was put like that. I can replace the title with Builders but there is still the Mechanists word in the video. Or I can remove the video and remake it entirely if necessary :)

I understand, I shall remove it then.

I see you've already removed it. I don't think you needed to, but oh well... Feel free to reupload the video in the same state it was before, and only change the name to "Builders". That's more than enough. I don't think Eidos would go after us due to a music track name that's been a part of TDM since 2005, but if some feel it's better to be on the safe side, I won't argue.

An idea, Andrei, if you decide to change the visual parts of the video:

Replace what looks like the Mechanist flag from Thief II with the Builder banner from TDM. The Builder symbol includes both a hammer and a gear, so it will fit in nicely as a replacement. :) Oh, and in case you don't have the original music track for the video anymore, I can send you a copy of the track, just let me know.

Edited by Petike the Taffer, 27 May 2018 - 02:52 PM.

#61 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:41 PM

ignore, accidental double-post (and can one delete these ?)

Edited by Petike the Taffer, 27 May 2018 - 02:47 PM.

#62 SpirescuAndrei

SpirescuAndrei

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

It was on private actually, I changed the name to builders :) If there are other issues please do let me know.

PS: Great work with the channel, Petike.

Edited by SpirescuAndrei, 27 May 2018 - 02:48 PM.

#63 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:43 PM

I have added two new promotional videos about 2.06 that I was able to find. Check the announcements playlist to see those.

#64 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8933 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:25 PM

Hmm.

Did you add this one?

• Bikerdude, stgatilov and Petike the Taffer like this
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#65 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1839 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:11 AM

My (really old) channel :D

https://www.youtube....YAzyzOUWkMEEd1g

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#66 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:57 AM

Hmm.

Did you add this one?

Of course.

#67 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:31 PM

Phew, it's been a while. :P

I've noticed Springheel has put up a new tutorial video about making pressure plate traps. I've already included it on our channel.

• Bikerdude and RPGista like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users