The Dark Mod Forums

For all who can't get enough

LordSavage

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried running the map but D3 crashed while loading. You don't have any AI using custom heads by chance, do you?

I tried running the map but D3 crashed while loading. You don't have any AI using custom heads by chance, do you?

I don't think so. Did you see any errors while dmap was running?

* Fixed some things

* Should be easier to find the plate now

* Note for second objective: Gas arrows don't kill opponents

I'll upload the final version later this day or tomorrow.

Edited by LordSavage

Which Thief's Den folder do you install it in? Is it:

a.  C:\Program Files\Doom 3\thiefs_den

b. C:\Program Files\Doom 3\darkmod\fms\thiefs_den

or

c. C:\Program Files\Doom 3\darkmod\maps

because when I tried option A it gave an error saying that it couldn't find it.

I'll try again.

~Daniel

Ok, got it working ^_^

Crap, nevermind. Doom 3 crashed. :angry:

It wouldn't find it in C:\Program Files\Doom 3\thiefs_den and gave an error saying that it couldn't load the map file.

So I thought, "hmmm, it looks like it's trying to find it in the maps folder" so I installed it there and was able to dmap...

...but...

for some reason it caused D3 to crash.

:wacko:

~Daniel

Ha, I just played this and it was fun! Extremely short, and mostly "samey" design, but fun and cool nonetheless. Good work :D

The Thief's Den stuff is very limited :D . I think I have some good ideas for (longer and not "samey designed" ;) ) missions but I don't have the content (Textures, Models) to realize it. Is there any way to get these without being a Beta Mapper?

for some reason it caused D3 to crash.

Could you read any error messages before it crashed? Did you follow the readme and copied the xdata?

Edit: Try this please:

Rename closemouthed_shadows.zip to closemouthed_shadows.pk4 and copy that to your Thief's Den folder. Should be C:\Program Files\Doom 3\thiefs_den on your computer.

Edited by LordSavage

The Thief's Den stuff is very limited :D . I think I have some good ideas for (longer and not "samey designed" ;) ) missions but I don't have the content (Textures, Models) to realize it. Is there any way to get these without being a Beta Mapper?

No, but given your previous work, I think you would get betamapper status if you apply :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Well, a Beta Mapper is basically what you are doing.

Using the editor, and trying to make a playable map. Probably the largest responsibilty would be to report bugs you find while editting. If something doesn't work right or if you have suggestions.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

• 4 weeks later...

great map, ran with decent fps. I had a couple of errors though. I tried shooting a broadhead at the second guard and all my arrows went right through him, thought maybe it was my crappy aim but it did it the second run though as well. The gas arrow worked well though. The second guard also had a sound glitch when he was alerted to the arrows.

• 1 year later...

Strangely enough;

This mission came up in an internal discussion yesterday, and I've since left LordSavage a PM/mail, hopefully he notices :)

That said, I went ahead and converted everything in-case he's too busy etc and cant do it himself, but I'll wait on a reply!